One Mod to Rule Them All, One Mod to Find Them.....

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by CrimsonJack, Oct 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. CrimsonJack

CrimsonJack Ursus Praedonum Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I've come to terms with the fact that I am now a Vaping Hobbyist. I'm calling myself a Vobbit. Because I'm a big nerd, apparently. Anyway. For months now I have been telling myself that I am buying these new mods and tanks and RBA's and RDA's because I was questing for the One True Vape, but (and I am going to shamelessly mix literary references here) I was pretty much tilting at tube mod shaped windmills. I don't really think there is just One True Vape for me. I enjoy swapping around devices. I like having different juices. I have had things I LOVED...for like two weeks, then got bored and swapped them for something different. I've puffed on two different mods and juices just typing this paragraph. I think I will end up with a few star mods and rotating supporting cast of stuff I'm wanting to try. A part of me is a little jealous of folks that try that one special mod that just does it for them, but you know what? I'm finding that I'm perfectly happy dwelling in my little Vobbit Hole, vaping my way through my collection and stalking the classies for the next adventure. Will I ever stumble upon the One True Mod? Maybe. Doesn't matter. The questing is the fun part.

2. tj99959

tj99959 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

I'm in the same boat, having one PV would be akin to having one pair of jockey shorts.

3. Daryl Glen

Daryl Glen Super Member ECF Veteran

In full agreement here. I proudly embrace my vobbit-ness.

4. vsummer1

vsummer1 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I was like that too. And I have some very nice APV's. But, quite frankly, once I found the REO it kind of soured the others. It is simplicity. After fooling with all the others, simplicity is just nice. Juice on board, large battery, fits in the hand nicely and drips fresh juice to a coil. Want to change flavors? Change the bottle, blow out the feeding tube and burn the coil. I still have all my tube mods, but they just aren't as user friendly to carry and if you want to stealth, the tubes are too large with a good enough battery and juice reserve.

I don't think I will give up some of my tubes though, they are great to look at and dust off once in a while and I have some very nice finds in my Vobbit collection.

5. NiNi

NiNi Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Seriously, Vobbits, where is the Wizard when you need him?:lol:

A little bit of "there and back again" with the APV's, avoiding the trolls, goblins, and orcs, and mixing it up with the elves, no less. Yes, a Vobbit is a true connoisseur of a fine vape, voluminous enough to make rings and dragons.:)

6. thinkingaboutit

thinkingaboutit Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Seems to me you already have it...you just don't recognize it.

7. CrimsonJack

Supporting member
    Could be....but even the One Ring has gotta be sized right!

8. JMarca

JMarca E-Cig Afficionado Verified Member ECF Veteran

The title of this thread sounds exactly like what I said 5 months ago. Five mods later here I am. = )

9. Ryedan

Ryedan ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I hear ya CrimsonJack, but I doubt there is one vape that will take care of every vaping desire one has. My favorite for relaxing with is different than my favorite for a ride in the car, is different for taking to a wedding.

Vobbit. I like that :thumb:

10. Maggiemw

Maggiemw Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Vobbit...I like it...but I tend to wander around muttering "shiny...pretty...shiny...pretty... preshhhioussss..."

11. NiNi

Supporting member
    2003_the_lord_of_the_rings_the_return_of_the_king_017.jpg

Gandalf has vaping skills, do not mess with Gandalf!:blink:

12. CrimsonJack

Supporting member
    Totally! What I take to work is totally different from what I like to use sitting here surfing, which is totally different from what I took to BWW for wings and football! And I'm finally good with that! Besides, if I stuck to just one setup, I'd miss out on the excitement of vapemail showing up at the Vobbit Hole, and let's face it, vapemail just makes any day better!

13. CrimsonJack

Supporting member
    There's a great song by Sabbath called "The Wizard". Starts off "Misty morning, clouds in the sky. Without warning, a wizard walks by." What they don't tell you is that those clouds and mist are from good ole Gandalf rocking a microcoil!

14. blondeambition3

blondeambition3 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I do believe you've struck a familiar chord here Comrade... :vapor:

From one Vobbit to another, the questing is indeed part of the fun!!!! ;)

Reading your post was.... Priceless! :thumbs:

15. NiNi

Supporting member
    gandalf.jpg

:blink: if the Wizard says it..........:)

16. FEEDER

FEEDER Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

The reo is just like the ruling ring, plain, & unadorned, but master of them all
    Frank

17. vsummer1

vsummer1 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

:lol: I saw your wanted ad and thought the same thing (and that was after I wrote above) :laugh:

I wish I had one to trade, my little paws are small and I wanted to try a bitty one.

18. CrimsonJack

Supporting member
    I like the REO, I really do. I think I made a mistake getting the Mini, though, just not enough for me (trying to trade up for a Grand atm). But even as great as it is, I still like playing with my gennies, my dripping atomizers, I still bust out my cartotanks. Some juice just tastes better in different devices, and sometimes I just want a different kind of vape! I just don't feel that "One and Only" kinda feeling with ANY of my devices. Plus, I dunno, maybe it's the geek in me, but I like having a collection. I like the shopping, the trading, the trying new stuff. Swapping for something I never knew I'd want till I stumbled across it and went, "Hey, that's pretty damned cool! I must vape that! Quickly, to the Vobbit Hole!!!!"

19. CrimsonJack

Supporting member
    I'm hoping one of the Reonaut collectors out there is overstocked on Grands and wants one of the OG Mini's that aren't made anymore, I think that's my best chance.

20. HauntedMyst

HauntedMyst Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

The only mod that is the one ring is the Super T Precise ELA. One ring to adjust battery size. One ring to change them. One ring to lock it down and in the brightness vape them!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.