Not open for further replies.

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
Electronic Cigarette - Starter Kits - Riva 510

Yes, there is a 900mah available with the Lite Bundle, available in black or steel. $33.99 with coupon code "october20" for 20% off.
It does NOT come with a 3 click on/off, but it might in the future. ImYourSalt addressed that question in post #4 of this thread and touched on it again in post #8.

So as I understand you will not be getting the firefly standered attys. I know nothing about the t attys never used them. Can I still use them on a standered battery. I mean a ego type battery.

Thanks!

Hello everyone, I'm just getting back into the e-cig scene and trying to decide between the Riva 901 and Firefly. I am a complete noob and don't know very much! I've been reading a lot, but there is still so much info and numbers and parts/names, and it is making it very complicated and confusing for me. I need someone to help me decide!!

What is the difference between these two and do I want a carto or atomizer + carts?

Btw, I only see a Pink bundle for the Riva 901, if I can't get one in a different color I may just get the Firefly, but I might also just wait, depending on which one is better. How long will these carts and atomizers last? How long can I expect the starter kit to last me and if I ever needed to replace things, do I just get new carts/atomizers or do I need new batteries and stuff as well?

If its Riva 901 vs Firefly, then I have to recommend the Firefly, BECAUSE IT HAS A 510 THREAD! The 510 thread will open up a world of components to you, not readily available for the 901. If the question is Riva 510 vs Firefly... that's entirely up to you. It will depend on if you think the bells and whistles of the firefly, are worth the higher price. The only difference in terms of performance, is that the Firefly is regulated, similar to the EGO, while the Riva is not. This means the Riva will net you more wattage, on a freshly charged battery, but a firefly will give you more consistent performance, from a fresh charge, until depletion. The Firefly also has the atomizer ON/OFF feature, the Rivca kits currently, do not.

Amen.... I will take the Riva over the Ego any day.

I have always vaped on Riva. You can not beat them. But this firefly has really impressed me. This is one sturdy PV. I've had it 2months now and it runs brand new. So far it is one of the best batts out there. Like I said it depends on if you want the lite up at the end. This is also a 4 click batt. 4 clicks the atomizer turns off. and you then can use the flash lite. I can't help you on the cart's. I only drip. Dripping is when you drip on the mesh inside of the atty. You use a drip tip which has a hole at the top of it then drop the liquid in. I got the 900mah's and they last me about 8 to 10 hours. I am a very very heavy vaper , it never leaves my hand. 600mah's only last me 5 to 6 hours. If you vape normaly I would think this could last a full day or more.

:)

When will you get the Riva Se batts in? Not the kits, just the batts? Thank you.

I ordered these in December. I am surprised they are not here yet. I do apologize for the delay.

Ty, as always we love RIVA SE Batts and if your dealing with SmokeTech can you start stocking 1.5 Ohm Single Coil Cartos?
I can look into that. 1.5 is pretty low though, for a single coil, and might be a little more prone to burning. We will be moving into our new facility next month, and that will really give me a chance to revamp, and fill-out our product line. Even today, I see room for improvement, but simply lack the space required for execution. As we make the transition, we will be able to bring on more staff, which will allow more attention to be paid to things like this.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
If its Riva 901 vs Firefly, then I have to recommend the Firefly, BECAUSE IT HAS A 510 THREAD! The 510 thread will open up a world of components to you, not readily available for the 901. If the question is Riva 510 vs Firefly... that's entirely up to you. It will depend on if you think the bells and whistles of the firefly, are worth the higher price. The only difference in terms of performance, is that the Firefly is regulated, similar to the EGO, while the Riva is not. This means the Riva will net you more wattage, on a freshly charged battery, but a firefly will give you more consistent performance, from a fresh charge, until depletion. The Firefly also has the atomizer ON/OFF feature, the Rivca kits currently, do not.

Since when is the Riva not regulated?
Before buying my Riva 510 kit last month I emailed LF about this and was told that it WAS regulated at 3.7V.
I was also told the same thing about the Riva 901 kit just 2 weeks ago when I called. I am pretty sure I bought the EM Rivas, and not the Smoktech.
I am getting consistent voltage on both of my kits throughout the charge cycle, but I haven't measured it with a MM or voltage indicator to verify this.

ImYourSalt, please clear this up for me, as I have been recommending Riva 510 and 901 kits all over the forum on the basis that the kits ARE regulated. I kinda feel like a jerk right now. :?:

You might also want to change the description on the SMOK eGo, especially since you don't sell the Eastmall version anymore. From the LF website - "The popular EGO, from Smok Tech. These batteries are True 3.7v, like the EM Riva...."

Last edited:

mauzey

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2010
Washington State
ImYourSalt, please clear this up for me, as I have been recommending Riva 510 and 901 kits all over the forum on the basis that the kits ARE regulated. I kinda feel like a jerk right now. :?:

You might also want to change the description on the SMOK eGo, especially since you don't sell the Eastmall version anymore. From the LF website - "The popular EGO, from Smok Tech. These batteries are True 3.7v, like the EM Riva...."

That's my concern, If they are not really RIVA SE then we shouldn't call them RIVA SE, that's what I bought, and they are not like any other RIVA SE I have purchased in the past, though they do seem to act like a RIVA SE voltage-wise anyhow, I ran one cycle and put them aside for later. I will take one out and run it for a few days and see how they work in my daily routine.

Thanks,

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
That's my concern, If they are not really RIVA SE then we shouldn't call them RIVA SE, that's what I bought, and they are not like any other RIVA SE I have purchased in the past, though they do seem to act like a RIVA SE voltage-wise anyhow, I ran one cycle and put them aside for later. I will take one out and run it for a few days and see how they work in my daily routine.

Thanks,

Oh lawdy! Now you brought up the Riva SE. That's another inconsistency that has been around. At first, only the Riva SE was regulated, then all of them were regulated at some point. Now they are being switched again. Confusion abounds, at least for me. :facepalm:

mb300sd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
ohio
Before buying my Riva 510 kit last month I emailed LF about this and was told that it WAS regulated at 3.7V.
I was also told the same thing about the Riva 901 kit just 2 weeks ago when I called. I am pretty sure I bought the EM Rivas, and not the Smoktech.
I am getting consistent voltage on both of my kits throughout the charge cycle, but I haven't measured it with a MM or voltage indicator to verify this.

yes i bought a riva 901 lite kit 2 weeks ago. how can i tell if i have an EM kit or a smoketech kit. i dont have a meter to test my batteries-i thought they were regulated. i guess not

jlazarus

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
About your pocket fires.... Currently, the riva kits DO NOT have the ON/OFF feature. I would like to get this implemented soon. I will likely wait for another batch or two to come in, as we could use the stock, and I dont want to extend the lead times.

Actually, I was a little confused about this. I bought a kit back in November, and then also bought 2 extra batteries (so 4 total) - all of them had the 3 click on/off switch.

So this week I bought two more kits (for my cousins, who asked for a recommendation), and had already loaned them one of my batts and instructed them how to use the on/off feature. Lo and behold, the ones they received yesterday do NOT have this feature.

Why did the batteries back in November have this feature but the ones now don't? I kind of felt bad recommending this kit to them now without this feature. I know (first hand, lol) how important it is: when I first got mine, I didn't know I could turn the batt off this way - loaded up my case with two batts and cartos attached - newbie mistake - and a couple bottles of juice. Went out for dinner with friends and about an hour into dinner reached for my case which was HOT - opened and the plastic tips on the dual coil xxl cartos were melted! Yep, the case was packed too tightly and the buttons had been pressed and those things had been firing away!.

Lessons learned, yes (don't leave cartos attached to batteries in case), but once I also realized the safety feature I always made sure my rivas were "off" unless actively using them.

Sidenote: This was fully my mistake in assumption. I just looked at the website and these kits do NOT list this as a feature. I just assumed all rivas had this feature since all the ones I've bought had it (and had no idea, at the time of original purchase, that the feature was even an option, lol).....

ETA: Helps to read the WHOLE thread, lol. Now I know why they are different. I did not realize that LF Riva's were no longer EM. Understood now. Although, I wish I had realized this before continuing to recommend them to people!

Last edited:

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com

It's been over a year. I am very sorry if you were told otherwise. The Riva 901 is from EM, and is also unregulated.

Thanks,

SE just means they have silver accents instead of Gold. Initially, the standard (gold) Riva's were regulated. The SE was the first of the new unregulated style. They have all since been updated, and the only differences are cosmetic.

Oh lawdy! Now you brought up the Riva SE. That's another inconsistency that has been around. At first, only the Riva SE was regulated, then all of them were regulated at some point. Now they are being switched again. Confusion abounds, at least for me. :facepalm:

Its the other way around :) see above

yes i bought a riva 901 lite kit 2 weeks ago. how can i tell if i have an EM kit or a smoketech kit. i dont have a meter to test my batteries-i thought they were regulated. i guess not

Riva 901's are unregulated, from EastMall.

Actually, I was a little confused about this. I bought a kit back in November, and then also bought 2 extra batteries (so 4 total) - all of them had the 3 click on/off switch.

So this week I bought two more kits (for my cousins, who asked for a recommendation), and had already loaned them one of my batts and instructed them how to use the on/off feature. Lo and behold, the ones they received yesterday do NOT have this feature.

Why did the batteries back in November have this feature but the ones now don't? I kind of felt bad recommending this kit to them now without this feature. I know (first hand, lol) how important it is: when I first got mine, I didn't know I could turn the batt off this way - loaded up my case with two batts and cartos attached - newbie mistake - and a couple bottles of juice. Went out for dinner with friends and about an hour into dinner reached for my case which was HOT - opened and the plastic tips on the dual coil xxl cartos were melted! Yep, the case was packed too tightly and the buttons had been pressed and those things had been firing away!.

Lessons learned, yes (don't leave cartos attached to batteries in case), but once I also realized the safety feature I always made sure my rivas were "off" unless actively using them.

Sidenote: This was fully my mistake in assumption. I just looked at the website and these kits do NOT list this as a feature. I just assumed all rivas had this feature since all the ones I've bought had it (and had no idea, at the time of original purchase, that the feature was even an option, lol).....

ETA: Helps to read the WHOLE thread, lol. Now I know why they are different. I did not realize that LF Riva's were no longer EM. Understood now. Although, I wish I had realized this before continuing to recommend them to people!

The On/Off feature is present in the batteries from Eastmall. Smok Tech had not yet implemented this for their Riva batteries. If batteries have the function, it will be clearly listed. These Smok Tech Riva's have already proven much more reliable. Our new batches will be improved as well, and we'll be sure to work in the ON/OFF feature as soon as possible.

thanks,
Ty

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Truly peeved about this!
I was told on THREE separate occasions by LF reps, through email and over the phone, that the Riva 510, Riva 510 SE, and the Riva 901 WERE regulated at 3.7V.

128982405570314637.jpg

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
My apologies. I am addressing this with the staff. Send us an email, and let us know what we can do to resolve this. Most people tend to prefer the unregulated batteries, as they'll deliver more wattage. There is quite a noticeable difference between 3.5, and 4+v! But everyone is different, and that is why we offer a variety of options. I am sorry our products were misrepresented to you, and if you need us to swap the batteries out, I'm sure we can arrange that.

Ty@Liberty-Flights.com

thanks,
Ty

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
My apologies. I am addressing this with the staff. Send us an email, and let us know what we can do to resolve this. Most people tend to prefer the unregulated batteries, as they'll deliver more wattage. There is quite a noticeable difference between 3.5, and 4+v! But everyone is different, and that is why we offer a variety of options. I am sorry our products were misrepresented to you, and if you need us to swap the batteries out, I'm sure we can arrange that.

Ty@Liberty-Flights.com

thanks,
Ty

If the issue is being addressed, that is all that needs to be done.

I will repeat this -

Honestly, I am quite happy with the performance of both of my Riva kits. The vape SEEMS consistent throughout the charge cycle. No need to make a big hubbub about this and swap out equipment.

My only concern is that I have been recommending the Rivas based on misinformation. I greatly value the trust that others bestow upon me (even on a semi-anonymous forum such as ECF), and for me, violating that trust is just about the worst thing I could ever do. It is a VERY BIG DEAL for me personally., and it's not something anyone from LF can fix.

Look, Liberty Flights has been great to me. Great prices, products, shipping, customer service....all of it. I even expressed this in a review on ECF. Just make sure that the information on the website and from the CS reps is correct, and I will call it even. Deal?

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Ok Deal. I really appreciate your understanding. And again, I am very sorry for the trouble.

I have updated the Smok Tech EGO listing.. thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Ty

:D
And I appreciate the high level of service that your company provides. Thanks for clearing everything up. Now I know. :toast:

mauzey

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2010
Washington State
SE just means they have silver accents instead of Gold. Initially, the standard (gold) Riva's were regulated. The SE was the first of the new unregulated style. They have all since been updated, and the only differences are cosmetic.

Ty

Thanks Ty, if I knew the gold RIVA's were the same unregulated voltage batts like the SE, I would have been buying those instead of wining about the SE's ;-)
Thanks for clarifying.

Jeff~

KnotGillty

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2012
Sacramento CA
If the question is Riva 510 vs Firefly... that's entirely up to you. It will depend on if you think the bells and whistles of the firefly, are worth the higher price. The only difference in terms of performance, is that the Firefly is regulated, similar to the EGO, while the Riva is not. This means the Riva will net you more wattage, on a freshly charged battery, but a firefly will give you more consistent performance, from a fresh charge, until depletion. The Firefly also has the atomizer ON/OFF feature, the Rivca kits currently, do not.
Do the Firefly's have a sealed battery like the Riva's?

sh_

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2011
USA
I bought my Riva after talk with LF guys by email and I am really happy with it.

It feels really good in the hand and I am using it with LR 1.5ohm dual coils as well as boge 3.0ohm and this is the PV I use while I am not at home, the battery lasts the whole day for me as well. Its also a great device for stealth vaping I love it!

I totally recommend it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread