• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ontario Ministry of Labour called upon for a ruling of unsafe work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoatScrote

Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
Kingston, Ontario
The logic disconnect was what I was trying to point out. It's tough to say just what exactly it is that they're saying, it's just a bunch of words. Blah blah blah safety hazard blah blah vaping blah chemicals... I have more well thought out trips to the bathroom on a regular basis. It's like pulling teeth even just trying to get them to understand the implications of what is coming out of their own mouths.

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
Oh that stanley cup hookah is awesome! Hauling that bastage around would be a bit of a stretch though. What's it run off of, a 12v marine battery?

Right off his web site

Stanley is not your ordinary "hooka". A 3:1 "scaled" version of the original, Stanley packs a solid six pack of "kicks". That's right folks he is the table model of 6 Darwins. Each of your vaping friends will be able to adjust their own wattage towards individual vaping Nirvana while cheering for their favourite team. Just like the real cup, Champagne can be sipped from the cup by the victors.

This bad boy packs a 6 cell AW 26500 battery battery pack hooked up in parallel, that should see you and your friends enjoy this apparatus for the duration of a series without recharging. YMMV!

Be the first to own one,. and you will be the envy of all your hockey/vaping aficionados.

SloHand

Eh?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2011
Kingston, Ontario
My 'Bad' chemicals I was recommended by my pharmacist.
IMG_20130225_201021.jpg IMG_20130225_200913.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20130225_200857.jpg
    IMG_20130225_200857.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 29

Lilkurty

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
Canada
My 'Bad' chemicals I was recommended by my pharmacist.
View attachment 181908 View attachment 181909

Slohand,
I for one would like to congratulate you on your perseverance. This is an important thread that others could use if they encounter similar ignorance based on the scare tactics imposed by HC.
Bury them with fact is more effective than getting defensive and that is exactly what you have done.
Regardless of the ignorance of the fact that these are not chemicals but things we eat and use every day in commonly found grocery items, they could have banned vaping entirely.
There is time young grasshopper to ease them in as awareness increases. However for now you're in!! You stood up for your rights. I am proud to be a Canadian today!  Can we save this thread?

image.jpg

GoatScrote

Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
Kingston, Ontario
I'm hoping he meant office hahaha, but yeah, this gives me an idea... I may be able to fit a bottle of juice in the battery tube of an unused mod and bring that in to work, then take the whole mess outside to disassemble, fill, and reassemble. Technically, then the juice would be inside a device and exempt from their policy as written.

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
I'm hoping he meant office hahaha, but yeah, this gives me an idea... I may be able to fit a bottle of juice in the battery tube of an unused mod and bring that in to work, then take the whole mess outside to disassemble, fill, and reassemble. Technically, then the juice would be inside a device and exempt from their policy as written.

Pappilion......

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON

Which "device" would the juice be inside of?

SloHand

Eh?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2011
Kingston, Ontario
Slohand,
I for one would like to congratulate you on your perseverance. This is an important thread that others could use if they encounter similar ignorance based on the scare tactics imposed by HC.
Bury them with fact is more effective than getting defensive and that is exactly what you have done.
Regardless of the ignorance of the fact that these are not chemicals but things we eat and use every day in commonly found grocery items, they could have banned vaping entirely.
There is time young grasshopper to ease them in as awareness increases. However for now you're in!! You stood up for your rights. I am proud to be a Canadian today!  Can we save this thread?

Thanks Lilkurty but I can't tell you how difficult this has been. I've faced ignorance many many times in my experience but this has been hell in a hand basket. The tension that I feel every day that I'm in the workplace sucks, and lets not forget that there are two of my colleagues who are in the same boat. I wish this on none of my fellow vapers.

It's just not a fair fight at all. We bombard them with facts and figures and data and medical reviews, but they don't read it .... and because their in a positions of 'authority' they just say the stupidest sh$t and no one (or so it seems) bats an eyelash or questions it. And when I'm referring to the 'authorities' it's not just management, but the unions, the media and the government too. On the other hand we are the ones that have to 'prove' that our data and information is not fabricated.

For instance today we heard that they are using a story of a nicotine extraction plant employee being hospitalized for exposure. Well no sh$t Sherlock ..... he's working with 99% pure nicotine in a factory that requires him to wear haz-mat gear just to handle the stuff and the nicotine he is handling will probably never leaves the doors of that facility at anything higher than 10%!!!! But that story is out there in minutes, spoken in ten seconds or less and it takes us a twenty minute conversation with each and every individual who has heard that stupid story to explain to them the absurdity of the reference to vaping! .... and that's only if you can get them to listen.

It's almost two years now that I'm dealing with this crap. I have only so much patience left. Will I quit working at eradicating the ignorance? No, but those who love me probably wish I would and that weighs heavily. I just wish I had a few victories to laugh about.

Wow didn't mean to get all heavy on you all. It's been a tough few weeks. VAPE ON!

GoatScrote

Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
Kingston, Ontario
Yeah man, it's been something that's for sure. Well put.

Projectguy, I've got an 18650 mod I made out of a pipe tobacco tin that will hold a 10ml bottle of juice inside along with the battery. So if the juice is all inside the device it's OK to come into the building, I'd just have to go outside to remove it for refilling. According to the policy of course.

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
Yeah man, it's been something that's for sure. Well put.

Projectguy, I've got an 18650 mod I made out of a pipe tobacco tin that will hold a 10ml bottle of juice inside along with the battery. So if the juice is all inside the device it's OK to come into the building, I'd just have to go outside to remove it for refilling. According to the policy of course.

That sounds like an awesome device something like a .357 magnum shooting hollow points for vapers.

And Goat your vaping what concentration? If you plan on sucking that much juice in a day you will be walking on the ceiling. Your stomach must have the constitution of your namesake's. Its the second part of your namesake that troubles me "Scrote" as in scrotum. But I'm off topic. Then again I hear that SloHand does a mean DIY. Of course he steals my juice and has yet to send me some of his to replace........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread