• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ontario Ministry of Labour called upon for a ruling of unsafe work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoatScrote

Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
Kingston, Ontario
I vape a 12mg liquid, 50/50 pg/vg. I haven't bought pre mixed juice in nearly 3 years, I only diy. There was even about a year in there where I refused to buy a PV and I built several of them. I do enjoy my nicotine though, and it's possible for me to go through 2 x 2.5ml tanks in a day (DiD clone).

As for the name, it's just my gamer tag I use for playing online, although sometimes I like to fabricate a whole backstory for it. You know, like:

I grew up rural, and farmed goats. one day I tried to hop over the barbed wire fence and it caught my junk and disconnected a skin egg and it fell on the ground. Well wouldn't you know a damn goat ate it? Well that's fine, cuz I chased him down, with my bloody cable flapping in the breeze, pinned him, and bit off one of his nuts. I went back into the barn, popped it into the void and tied it up, stitched 'er shut with a needle and thread fashioned from a rusty nail and some bailer's twine, and hit it with the same branding iron we used for the goats and cattle to cauterize it. And there you have it, the birth of the GoatScrote.

SloHand

Eh?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2011
Kingston, Ontario
I vape a 12mg liquid, 50/50 pg/vg. I haven't bought pre mixed juice in nearly 3 years, I only diy. There was even about a year in there where I refused to buy a PV and I built several of them. I do enjoy my nicotine though, and it's possible for me to go through 2 x 2.5ml tanks in a day (DiD clone).

As for the name, it's just my gamer tag I use for playing online, although sometimes I like to fabricate a whole backstory for it. You know, like:

I grew up rural, and farmed goats. one day I tried to hop over the barbed wire fence and it caught my junk and disconnected a skin egg and it fell on the ground. Well wouldn't you know a damn goat ate it? Well that's fine, cuz I chased him down, with my bloody cable flapping in the breeze, pinned him, and bit off one of his nuts. I went back into the barn, popped it into the void and tied it up, stitched 'er shut with a needle and thread fashioned from a rusty nail and some bailer's twine, and hit it with the same branding iron we used for the goats and cattle to cauterize it. And there you have it, the birth of the GoatScrote.

Too funny LOL. Never heard that story. A Legend is born!

Oriana871

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
Toronto
SloHand, I could barely read through this thread it's so stomach churning. It's HYSTERIA, plain and simple. Vaping is supposed to do the exact opposite of what they're claiming. Anyway I would dig my heels in deep, straighten my back and hold my head up as high as possible, get rid of any feeling of victimization and not let them intimidate me. They don't have one single example of bodily harm done to an innocent bystander by vaper or ejuice. I would say let's go to court. I would. I took a company with all their fancy big a** lawyers to the labour board last year and I won. Stand tall and good luck :).

SloHand

Eh?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2011
Kingston, Ontario
Goat has been saying it for a long time now and I've been in denial but I think we may have been thrown under the bus. I haven't been spoken to or asked to comment by anyone. Did see the employee group who are refusing the 'unsafe' work leaving the building all smiles and laughing it up with the MOL inspectors.

I am really bummed right now. May need to go visit the government dairy :) for some good government whiskey and just chill for a while. Looks like we will be the last to know what the outcome is that they have decided in isolation. Man this sucks. How bloody ignorant :(

GoatScrote

Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
Kingston, Ontario
Well it looks like the MOL finished up for the day, didn't approach any vapers at all though. I talked to one of my managers though, and he said that one of the vapers is going to get a chance to talk to the MOL guys. They did post an initial report on the message board, and the supporting evidence was listed:

- email correspondence
- MSDS for L-Nicotine
- Hazard assessment
- Summary of hazards associated with liquid nicotine exposure (edit: missed this one)

That's all it has listed. I'm pretty sure the email correspondence is absolutely useless. The MSDS would be for 99%+ concentration, and we're using between 1% and 2% concentration, so that should be less than useful. The hazard assessment, I'm assuming, is for the L-Nicotine, so those hazards would not exactly be the same for such a low concentration. Same goes for the summary of hazards. Seems pretty flimsy, but I've learned that you can't underestimate the power of ignorance.

Last edited:

SloHand

Eh?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2011
Kingston, Ontario
redacted initial report ... hope this works (Thanks Goat ... love the new avatar :) )

MOLFieldVisitReportp1REDACT.jpg

Chiku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Alberta, Canada
I've been reading this over the past couple days, I can't believe what you guys are dealing with! I read an article today on CBC on synthetic green smoke able stuff (don't want to link or name, I'm not totally clear on the no drug talk rule and what in what context, if any, they can be). Anyways, there is an insense/crystals that is sold in stores that can be smoked. The chemical make up of this product is not illegal, however Health Canada is stating that if you get the same effect off it, it will be treated the same as the illegal substance.

So, where I was going with this is how can they say that for one substance, but when it comes to vaping the same logic does not apply? All of the substances in our liquid are legal, they have the same effect as smoking (meaning the effect of the nicotine on the body/mind), so HC shouldn't have issue with it by their own logic.

SloHand

Eh?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2011
Kingston, Ontario
I've been reading this over the past couple days, I can't believe what you guys are dealing with! I read an article today on CBC on synthetic green smoke able stuff (don't want to link or name, I'm not totally clear on the no drug talk rule and what in what context, if any, they can be). Anyways, there is an insense/crystals that is sold in stores that can be smoked. The chemical make up of this product is not illegal, however Health Canada is stating that if you get the same effect off it, it will be treated the same as the illegal substance.

So, where I was going with this is how can they say that for one substance, but when it comes to vaping the same logic does not apply? All of the substances in our liquid are legal, they have the same effect as smoking (meaning the effect of the nicotine on the body/mind), so HC shouldn't have issue with it by their own logic.

Number of potential users. Low(er) on the radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread