RDA oops and now ughhh... dripbox 60w

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
okay, i'll admit it, it was really a dumb thing to do and I do know better... basically I was getting out of the truck with my hands full and it slipped... ended up in a position where it was firing, so I of course burnt the cotton, since I had been using it just a few mins before we got home(hey it was 2 hour drive!). it wasn't stuck on for long... but of course long enough(about 5 seconds, but the cotton was basically dry). so I changed the cotton and cleaned the coil... still taste the burnt... so I changed the cotton again and the coil this time, while looking it over, and wiping down the driptip etc. there's no visible burning or damage, just a faint aftertaste and of course I'm sensitive to taste. any ideas how I can get rid of this?

gotch23

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Fukuoka, Japan
i was never one soak coils in iso or vodka, though it does work.
Be sure to let it dry completely, especially with Iso.

i'd dry burn the coil and then rinse with tapwater, repeating a couple of times
till all the gunk is gone.

If that doesn't help, a good wash with dishwashing soap and water (rinse well) and
a recoil will likely do the trick.

ultrasonic cleaners are the best way to thouroughly clean an atty imo.

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
vodka did the trick.. yeah I tried that initially gotch and then just plain changed the coils anyhow, I love my claptons. I know some like the single spaced wire, and if it works for them that's great, it's what it comes built as. so far, I've redone the cotton a few times since getting it and changed the coils only once on mine out of preference really. though hubby came home with burnt cotton on his yesterday, he's still getting used to the squonker, I ended up actually having to toss out the rebuildible premade coil deck entirely on his and put the velocity deck... I'm going to play with it today, I'm thinking the posts are damaged. I couldn't get it to light up even with brand new coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread