Opinions on Smok R200?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaileysDad

Jun 22, 2015
Been looking for the right mod for the right price and came across the R200 for 50$ from directvapor.com. Ive never seen that mod in a store before and don't know with anyone with personal experience but there doesn't seem to be any cons to it. Any opinions from people with first hand experience? R200 - SMOK® Being with you for all great vaping time!

Reactions: MikeyConti

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
It looks pretty good. Mike Vapes has a review of it, have not seen many others as of yet. I have been back and forth on cuboid or the R200. My past experience with Joyetech has not been that good, maybe I will give Smok a chance. Looks like they both have manual TCR, but the smoke also has manual resistance adjustments?

sent using Tapatalk

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
I thought about ordering the Smok Micro One kit, which comes with a R80 and a micro version of the TFV4 tank. Not too shabby, 80 watts on a 4000 mAh internal battery that charges quite fast. Most reviews are very positive, but mention button rattle on them, which is disappointing. It seems like this is resolved on the R200? Feedback I have seen so far on them seems to be good and that they corrected that issue. Guess we will find out, I may just pull the trigger on one.

skiball

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2016
I thought about ordering the Smok Micro One kit, which comes with a R80 and a micro version of the TFV4 tank. Not too shabby, 80 watts on a 4000 mAh internal battery that charges quite fast. Most reviews are very positive, but mention button rattle on them, which is disappointing. It seems like this is resolved on the R200? Feedback I have seen so far on them seems to be good and that they corrected that issue. Guess we will find out, I may just pull the trigger on one.
Still waiting on my r200 it's stuck at the last stop be4 arriving at my local usps. Ugh!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

skiball

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2016
Ugh that is the worst

sent using Tapatalk
So magically i got the r200 in the mail. I have to say i really like it but they lied about usb port charging. Everything thing else screams hi quality no jiggles, super light, great size, buttons are nice a clickie and battery door is solid. Also running it watt mode now and hits great less ramp time than other mods i own. Still yet to try temp mode but i've just got a good feeling about it. But idk if i can get past the usb port not charging exp since i was lied to about it. I'm going to send an email to them see what they have to say but I'll prob ask for a refund bc i hate rhe fact they lied.

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
So magically i got the r200 in the mail. I have to say i really like it but they lied about usb port charging. Everything thing else screams hi quality no jiggles, super light, great size, buttons are nice a clickie and battery door is solid. Also running it watt mode now and hits great less ramp time than other mods i own. Still yet to try temp mode but i've just got a good feeling about it. But idk if i can get past the usb port not charging exp since i was lied to about it. I'm going to send an email to them see what they have to say but I'll prob ask for a refund bc i hate rhe fact they lied.

Did it say somewhere that it did? I saw one site incorrectly claiming you could, but reviews I had seen said you cannot do that. Smok's page says upgrade only for USB. Personally that doesn't bother me a bit, I don't trust internal charging for removable batteries for almost any mod. I have heard the reuleaux dna 200 does well with it but most do not for multiple batteries. I am fine with using my external charger with backup sets of batteries.

sent using Tapatalk

Last edited:

skiball

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2016
Did it say somewhere that it did? I saw one site incorrectly claiming you could, but reviews I had seen said you cannot do that. Smok's page says upgrade only for USB. Personally that doesn't bother me a bit, I don't trust internal charging for removable batteries for almost any mod. I have heard the reuleaux dna 200 does well with it but most do not for multiple batteries. I am fine with using my external charger with backup sets of batteries.

sent using Tapatalk
Right on than it's def worth it in your case. But ya i checked the smok site 2 weeks ago and it said usb charging now they've changed it. If i would have known that i woulda got the cuboid. Just really sucks bc i really like it alot. Who knows maybe I'll stick it out but just bc i don't want to deal with the hassle of a refund.

Reactions: thetrucker

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
Right on than it's def worth it in your case. But ya i checked the smok site 2 weeks ago and it said usb charging now they've changed it. If i would have known that i woulda got the cuboid. Just really sucks bc i really like it alot. Who knows maybe I'll stick it out but just bc i don't want to deal with the hassle of a refund.

Yeah Joytech's site says you can recharge with usb on the cuboid but they recommend not to. Lol

sent using Tapatalk

Reactions: thetrucker

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
I myself would think long and hard about anything from Smok. Everything they ever produced was junk. Till the TFV4. So maybe they are turning the corner. Bought my TFV4 a week ago after hearing so much good about it. It is amazing and well made but it takes more than one good product to change a reputation. CHEERS!

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
I myself would think long and hard about anything from Smok. Everything they ever produced was junk. Till the TFV4. So maybe they are turning the corner. Bought my TFV4 a week ago after hearing so much good about it. It is amazing and well made but it takes more than one good product to change a reputation. CHEERS!
Yeah, kind of why I had been on the fence, I have heard good and bad about them. The latest round of devices from them seem good but who knows. In the end we are talking about relatively cheap devices, so QC is not always spectacular on them anyway. I have heard good things about the Treebox as well, but I don't need another single battery mod at the moment.

sent using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread