Status
Not open for further replies.

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
the round robin is only for your max wattage in TC
+ you have 3 custom tc modes you can set, look up the value of your wire and you should be good to go

the cuboid after FW upgrade dous 200W but only on a verry small ohm range like .2x to .3x
is the r200 better there?

Not sure as I have no plans to try 200 watts, but I'm sure it's about the same. 200 watts on 2 batteries is a bad idea in the first IMHO.

sent using Tapatalk

Reactions: ufosnowcat

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
If you do get some ti and ss, let me know how it goes. From my understanding, those wires are harder to get a read on, especially SS it's difficult to get a read on those metals because the resistance doesn't fluctuate as much.
I plan to try to get some of those wires soon. It does manual TCR and lets you adjust initial resistance slightly, so I am hoping it works well. Time will tell on that I guess.

sent using Tapatalk

Tim Jenson

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Actually, 200watts is possible but in a very narrow range. If you're interested, I learned about this on this video with the cuboid, but apparently the R200 is even better at 200 watts, meaning that it can do 200w at more resistances. Here is the link to his Youtube channel DJLsb Vapes. I know he talks about it in the Cuboid review for sure, but he does talk about it with the R200 in his review.

Last edited:

skiball

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2016
I keep hearing great things about the new VapeForward mods, especially the stout. I am pretty happy with my R200 purchase though, I do wish it should the voltage instead of showing 0 (in power mode) I assume it shows real-time voltage but since I can't see the screen when I vape, that is useless. Not a big deal really though, I typically only care about wattage anyhow. I am so used to paying attention to voltage on my D2 to make sure I don't need to change to TC to have step down with a fresh battery. I am very glad to not have to do that anymore.

The nickel build I did is going great. Great flavor, vapor production is good. I actually have it set to 370 F - HARD right now and it performs very well, smooth consistent hits until it starts getting too dry. Can't complain.
I don't have any Ti or SS to try out yet.
It does show volts but only when pushing the fire button. The subox is the same way.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Tim Jenson

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
It does show volts but only when pushing the fire button. The subox is the same way.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
I'm very pleased with my R200, but when it comes to new vape gear, I end up buying more than one mod. I only have a one 18650 mod that doesn't do temp control, so I thinking either the eVic Mini, or the new vapor flask lite. The reason the lite appeals to me is it seems like the buid quality is better, and looks like it would hold up better to drops etc.

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
I'm very pleased with my R200, but when it comes to new vape gear, I end up buying more than one mod. I only have a one 18650 mod that doesn't do temp control, so I thinking either the eVic Mini, or the new vapor flask lite. The reason the lite appeals to me is it seems like the buid quality is better, and looks like it would hold up better to drops etc.

I dropped mine a couple days after I got it. The mod is fine, the batteries however, one of them got dented on the negative terminal, so I had to toss it, and lost one of my paired sets as a result. So I will say if you do drop it (or any mod with removable batteries for that matter) double check your batteries and make sure they are ok. I have dropped my IPV D2 before and nothing like that happened but the battery connections are different.

Tim Jenson

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
I dropped mine a couple days after I got it. The mod is fine, the batteries however, one of them got dented on the negative terminal, so I had to toss it, and lost one of my paired sets as a result. So I will say if you do drop it (or any mod with removable batteries for that matter) double check your batteries and make sure they are ok. I have dropped my IPV D2 before and nothing like that happened but the battery connections are different.

Good to know, the Evic mini would definitely save me some money.

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
Trying to find a decent silicone sleeve for it. I don't think they make an R200 specific one because the R80 one fits. I have seen a few aftermarket ones, some of them have cut-outs around the logos (yuck). Might check out jwraps and see what they have too. The SmokTek ones say R80 TC in black lettering, not bad, but I would think they would change the tags on them to R200 and pump a bunch out to advertise the model.

smok_r80_sleeve_grande.png

Reactions: gofishtx

Tim Jenson

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Trying to find a decent silicone sleeve for it. I don't think they make an R200 specific one because the R80 one fits. I have seen a few aftermarket ones, some of them have cut-outs around the logos (yuck). Might check out jwraps and see what they have too. The SmokTek ones say R80 TC in black lettering, not bad, but I would think they would change the tags on them to R200 and pump a bunch out to advertise the model.

I found these on eBay, they have the logo too, but maybe not all of them. I'm sure you could probably find some obscure company that makes them without any labels. Here is the eBay link Silicone Sleeve For SMOK R80 Sleeve Skin Wrap Cover HIGH QUALITY!

Last edited:

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas

Nice. I am waiting for my Red R200 from Vape NW. Where did you find the sleeve? Curious as to the battery life. My XCube II has great battery life paired with a TFV4 Mini w a sextuple coil 3.5 ohm at 70 degrees. I put that same set-up on my Cuboid and only get 2 hours of vaping. I am hoping the R200 will be a home for my other TFV4 tank with quad coils 1.5 ohm
I just noticed that I have some juice seeping under the screen on my Xcube II so I may order a new XcubeII as back-up for this one. In the mean time I will try to put some silicone around the edges of the screen and see if that helps.

Last edited:

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I myself would think long and hard about anything from Smok. Everything they ever produced was junk. Till the TFV4. So maybe they are turning the corner. Bought my TFV4 a week ago after hearing so much good about it. It is amazing and well made but it takes more than one good product to change a reputation. CHEERS!
I have been vaping since 2011 and my Smok Mods are just about the only ones that have withstood the test of time. My Zmax have been used and abused and I am a heavy vaper, I also have some Smok Ego type batteries that are still going strong (all are retired and resting comfortably in their boxes, while I have moved on to higher wattage. I have the XCube II and the Smok R200 now and love them both. With the TFV4 tanks they are my new favorites over my Sigelei and Joyetech mods.

Reactions: Tol

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
I have been vaping since 2011 and my Smok Mods are just about the only ones that have withstood the test of time. My Zmax have been used and abused and I am a heavy vaper, I also have some Smok Ego type batteries that are still going strong (all are retired and resting comfortably in their boxes, while I have moved on to higher wattage. I have the XCube II and the Smok R200 now and love them both. With the TFV4 tanks they are my new favorites over my Sigelei and Joyetech mods.
That's good. I am glad yours are working out good for you. CHEERS!

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
I just bought a couple new mods. Both a Cuboid and an R200. I also have both TFV4 full sized and mini tanks on the way as well as a Stentorian Steam Engine.

Just toying around with stuff at the moment. My main setup has been a ProVape Radius. Time to get into sub-ohms with a real high watt box. The Radius tops out at 40w and only takes a single 18650. Great for day to day low watt stuff, but I have come to crave the big clouds.

I'll report back when I have some experience with the R200.

UncleChopChop

Apr 28, 2016
Hi first post! I'm wondering if anyone can help me? I have one of these and I love its design and performance. I'm having issues though, I'm sure at v0003 it saved my settings after a battery swap? Just the clock reset? After I updated to v0004 everytime I swap the batteries everything resets. I have to input my Tcr again, wattage drops to 1, have to put it back in temp mode, select coil etc. Is this right? If not can I put it back to v0003? Everything else seems to fine only had it 1.5 weeks so still in warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread