Opinions on the best vaping devices out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I don't own a Vamo so I don't know the diameter of it. Both diameter tanks will work, it's mainly a matter of aesthetics on the mod.

The standard length tank will need a standard 35mm cartomizer like a Boge.

The XL length tank will need the longer 45mm cartomizer like a smoktek or Boge XL.

A tank will last as long as you take care of it and not allow it to break. If you use the tank tool that comes with the kit, it will protect the o-rings in the end caps. I use one of the tank tools religiously and have never had to change an o-ring in several months of tank use.

Cartomizers are the disposable part of a cartotank. They will last 1-3 weeks, depending upon usage and darkness of the juice you use. A cartotank can be re-filled 3-5 times with the same cartomizer in use. Once the cartomizer's flavor production degrades or the stiffness of the pull increases when vaping it's time to start with a new cartomizer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRmsIDJyY2g

Last edited:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Hi Kiwivap - I have no experience at all with rebuildable atomizers and to be honest wouldn't have the time to explore it. However that AGA-T+ looks interesting. Can you explain more how it works - there's no wick then? Does that mean it will last as is for quite a while without needing to do anything to it or replace it, and the vape is on a par/better than eg a vivi nova? Does it come pre-built so I just need to attach it to the vamo and do nothing else with it? I live in New Zealand so I'd probably need to get it shipped internationally from somewhere but would need to be sure it would solve my issues once and for all lol

Hi Scot,
I showed you the AGA-T+ really so you could see that different things go on the Vamo. They require fiddling about to get them to work and are for when you are more experienced with vaping really.

My suggestions for you are to try two things:

1. Just cartomizer - not in a tank, not with holes punched in. Just standard cartomizers. I always have some of these as a back up delivery device because they are so easy to fill and use.
If you want some quick you can get them at Naked Vapour here in NZ:
Naked Vapour - Kanger Horizontal Coil Cartomizer - 510
Those ones, and get the 2.7-3.1 ohm form the drop down menu. At the bottom of that page where he says only use with 3.7 volt batteries - he means the batteries in your mod. Since you have a Vamo you will have 3.7 volt batteries so will be ok. Those ones are Kanger bottom coil cartomizers, and are harder to burn than other cartomizers.

If you want to order cartomizers from overseas you can too. Health Cabin usually have Kanger cartomizers.

2. For you a cartomizer tank. These can be a bit fiddly too but I think you'd be ok with them. People sometimes have a few issues with them so having some normal cartomizers on hand (no. 1 above) is a good idea. IB tanked get recommended a bit here because they are US made. They are good tanks, but you can get a good tank that's been made in NZ and by the time you compare the cost in NZ dollars, plus shipping from the US, the NZ one is not going to cost more.

You can get a NZ made tank, machined in Mount Maunganui, from Rob at Naked Vapour:
Naked Vapour - Premium DCT Kit V2

And get some of these cartomizers, pick the 2.0 ohms:
Naked Vapour - Pre Holed Dual Coil 5 Pack

Rob is a great guy and will answer questions by email too. He has videos on the site as well.
Also - check your Notifications at the top of the forum - I've sent to a message there.

Last edited:

Talesin

Feb 15, 2013
Gilbert, az
There's two ibtanked kits it seems on their site, 25mm and 19mm and both come in standard and XL. Which exact ones are compatible with the Vamo? And how long roughly will these things last - the tank, rings and cartomizer - say if I vaped on it mid-heavy daily which parts would give first and when, it looks great but am trying to work out if it's worth buying something like this as opposed to constantly buying vivi nova heads.
Cheers

Got an answer for you on this one. Both of those tanks are compatible with the VAMO. It all depends on how you want it to look. The 25mm and 19mm measurements are the diameter of the tube. Based on this post,

Diameter 2.1cm

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

The 19mm will fit fine and not hang over the edge, whereas the 25mm will overhang the edge of your PV by 2mm on each side. Obviously the thinner tank will hold less juice, but that also depends on the length you select.

Happy vaping :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread