May 23, 2012
Staten Island
www.youtube.com
Hey Bishopheals

do you know this Akku Sony US18650VT?
Batt Energy Shop - Sony US18650VT (C2) Li-Mangan-Akku 3,7V 1600mAh

they only have 1600mah but max.output 30A
you can vape at 0.14 ohm and you are in the specs from the akku

WOW 30 amps on a 18650 MMmm I'm going to have to check these out and read up on specs. Zif this battery works and its safe for what we use it for it be a great addon to use that's for sure. I just need more information about the battery if its high drain can it handle say 20 amps powered on for 10-15 seconds etc. Chemical composition etc

lamarrk

ECF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
Huntsville, Alabama (Rocket City), USA
Its a shame the website glitched on you, I been dealing with SAL from there be sure to ask for him he is a good guy and answers all my questions.

Yeah, since I was about to leave town, it was a pita. They offered to swap them but I decided to keep them after thinking about it. Good company to do business with, definitely.

Bishopheals

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Staten Island
www.youtube.com
GUys GUYS GUYS Please take this as a kindly friendly reminder. When looking at these batteries some retailers may have NCR cell listed but it doesn't mean its the same one I tested and reviewed.

Some may know this already but for the the new people looking to buy the real version of this battery here are the places I recommend. Now I will see if I can find and list appropriate resellers of Orbtronics that way we know its not re wrapped and being passed off as an orbtronic.

The battery has to be and say Orbtronic 18650 NCR HIGH DRAIN PD 2900.
Easily obtainable from Fluid Vapor. they recently became a reseller of this battery since they are in need a of a high quality battery for Sub ohm testing on VV devices.

Orbtronic High Drain 18650 2900mAh NCR18650PD Hybrid Li-ion (each)

Please I'm all for saving but be careful you can always email and contact Orbtronic and ask them if a vendor is legitamily a reseller in case you not sure.

Live HARD and VAPE HARD!!!

Bishopheals

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Staten Island
www.youtube.com
No it doesn't need to be protected. the protected is a different formula and is different amps. I thoroughly vape at .25 ohms on a daily basis with these batteries for months now and I can assure the chemistry is very high quality. For what is going to be used no one is going to vape at those low ohms. if anything even if they go to .6 or .7 ohms these batteries will dance around any AW, MNKE, and GCR cells.

Bishopheals

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Staten Island
www.youtube.com
I agree with u bish my friend. However since it is not imr, I am afraid from the result of a short circuit although it has self protection against thermal events. Still.

I understand what you mean AAlwani, I was hesitant from testing these batteries because of the cobalt and composition it has. After careful study I made the courageous choice of testing them and I'm very glad I did. The results are impeccable so great that I sent 2 batteries to Vassiles, Imeo, and manos to try. The batteries heat up at .20-.25 if i press it down past 6 seconds. I only go that low in vapes for genies norm of time I'm at .5-.6 ohms duals and triples. These batteries have out performed my MNKEs with out question. As for safety battery is rated at 10 amps and it can go higher just its not advertized is all. I pushed it that's for sure. at a solid under load of 3.9 volts .6 ohms Duals for hours and they last about 2 -3 hours before needing to get charged vaping chain vaping for that duration of time.

If I didn't give this battery a fair test run I would still be using MNKE for special builds. I'm Just thrilled there is a high quality battery like this to do what I needed it to do.

d4mpf3r

Verified Member
May 12, 2013
Germany
Hi,

don´t read all postings. Saw the Youtube vid from Bishop and wanted to buy the Orbtronics. I could´nt find an
German or EU seller so i looked for an Battery with the same stats.

For all Dudes from Germany or the EU....this is what i found and and they´re really good:).

Batt Energy Shop - Panasonic NCR18650PD 3,6V 2900mAh LiNiCoAlO2

NCR 18650 PD 2900 mAh 10 Amp High Drain

Same Stats like the Orbtronics....works fine for me:)...love my low ohm coils:)..kicks my vaping ... to the nirvana:p.
Thx Bishop for testing these things :toast:

Greetings from Germany

ManniGfaltig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Germany
I ordered a few of these batteries a couple of days after this thread started and sacked all my other GGTS batteries (they were quite old anyways) for them. These batteries definitely kick ... in terms of voltage under load and capacity!

My only concern is that someone (who is not that deep in batteries) gets into trouble with these batteries. A few month ago there was a big campaign to use IMR batteries for vaping cause they can output high currents (and thus don't get "out-of-spec" too soon) and most important they do not burn if they vent.
Panasonic now discontinues the probably default vaping battery, the CGR-CH and the NCR-PD looks like its successor. This being said, you have to keep in mind that Panasonic does not build batteries for vapers but for the industry, mobile devices, e-mobility and so on. These devices always have battery management systems on board which prevent havards (and you find the note that all Panasonic batteries have to be used with such BMS in the respective datasheets).
CGR is what Panasonic calls the "Safe profile" which is a hybrid IMR technology that results in big currents and big capacities. The NCR profile in opposite is the "Capacity Profile", it comprises more capacity but lacks the safety feature. In former times one could say that NCR batteries could not output high currents but the development continued and we are should see even better batteries than the NCR-PD (in terms of current output and/or capacity) in this year.
Long text, little reason: Always keep in mind that this battery is an advanced user battery and you use it on your own risk!

@D4mpf3r: you might have bought some already but here you can get them for a slightly cheaper price: Batt Energy Shop - Panasonic NCR18650PD 3,6V 2900mAh LiNiCoAlO2 (I guess there is also a "Dampfertreff" coupon code in the forums).

Last edited:

TheSystemHasFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Valhalla
Can I use a short-stop with these Pannasonics, and avoid all this worry?

Also, where is Orbtronics located, as I am all set with Fasttech/China. I'd rather pay 13 a piece and get legit gear.
And...I'm getting a legacy as my foray into .4-.5-.6-.7 Bishopheals territory. Button top or Flat top?

Thank you for all your work Bishop!

Bishopheals

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Staten Island
www.youtube.com
y you can use a shortstop but you need to make sure its Orbtronics PD2900 HIGH DRAIN . Sal has contacted me from Orbtronics people buying other batteries that says NCR cells that are wrong batteries then having issues.

You can easily obtain them from FLUID VAPOR. They just became a resseller for the new NCR Orbtronics PD2900 High Drain Batteries

Fluid Vapor
Orbtronic High Drain 18650 2900mAh NCR18650PD Hybrid Li-ion (each)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread