Orbtronics 18650 2900mAh High Drain Version part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vision83

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
What would you guys suggest in an Orion V3? I think it will take a flat top or button top. I fired it up with Panasonic NCR18650B 3400 mah flat top that use in my evic. But I know that battery is not high drain. Also there is no talk about 18350 batteries??? The only ones I have used are the efest flat top, but I would like to find the best 18350 and 18650 batteries for my Orion.

Thanks for any help.

ruff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
Washington, In

i use these in my provari v2, depending on my delivery device i can get 3 days on a full charge
my 2.7 ohm build on my did clone lasts that long most of the time if I'm not doing any cleaning of the coil, now my protank with 1.8ohm build will last roughly 2 days.
not sure about the 2900hd's tho

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Bishopheals

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Staten Island
www.youtube.com

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
WOW 30 amps on a 18650 MMmm I'm going to have to check these out and read up on specs. Zif this battery works and its safe for what we use it for it be a great addon to use that's for sure. I just need more information about the battery if its high drain can it handle say 20 amps powered on for 10-15 seconds etc. Chemical composition etc

The battery collapses if their is a short. I was so intrigued I went to Ebay and bought two.

I'm going to compare the drop in voltage under load on a Mechanical k100 at .4ohm as soon as I get them.

jpharr

Verified Member
Dec 15, 2011
Texas
So I've been emailing someone over at Orbtronic and they said there is a PD-2900-p which is a ncr18650pd just with a pcb on it (i think) making it a bit longer, which shouldn't be a problem with some of my devices. Question is a) what kind of voltage drop would result from the pcb in the mix & b) is this battery safe enough without it

vision83

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
So I've been emailing someone over at Orbtronic and they said there is a PD-2900-p which is a ncr18650pd just with a pcb on it (i think) making it a bit longer, which shouldn't be a problem with some of my devices. Question is a) what kind of voltage drop would result from the pcb in the mix & b) is this battery safe enough without it
I would like to know the answer to both of these questions as well. Also what is the best choice for the 18350?
The ncr18650PD is in my mind the best battery available at this time for a high drain device / hybrid and the NCR18650B is the best battery for VV devices.

There is no protection on these batteries so I would like here people thoughts on this like jpharr...

Covert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2012
Long Beach, California
I've have been using mine for two weeks at dual coil sub ohm levels, and really like em...... as far as how safe they are ........you should be testing your coil away from your face after making sure you have no shorts then check it with a meter to be double sure.
Ariel I still need to test that battery. At this time I can not comment on that battery. I will need to speak to Samsung first to see how this will handle in High Drain applications. As well as how it will handle a stress test. Ill add it to my list to do's.

jpharr

Verified Member
Dec 15, 2011
Texas
But seriously I use my multimeter, pay attention and take precautions, I am just curious about this cell and would like to get some thoughts from someone who has tested them already like Bishopheals or anybody else that knows a lot about batteries / chemistry regarding whether a pcb on top of this might negate the gains over cells commonly used for this type of application

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Check what is the maximum discharge rate with that PCB on (when does the protection kick in). I hear they are adding PCBs to this battery because it contains Cobalt. Safety .... people wouldn't use a cobalt containing battery without protection. I got a set and I am using both batteries in my Vamo. I already scratched the wrap on 1 of them trying to force it in without paying attention. The other one i might use on a GGTS without protection however what worries me is not how low you can go in resistance (it can go up to 10 amps therefore you're safe above 0.4 ohms), what worries me most is a short unattended. When you are vaping there are too many signals with high quality batteries and mods that can tell u something is going wrong, GGTS button gets hot, some venting, whole body gets hot, you would have time to let it from your hand, throw it in the toilet, or throw it out the window for a nice show. Unattended its worse. However Bish assured me that the battery will turn itself off in case of a short. If you are still worried just don't leave it in your mod for a long time.

Covert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2012
Long Beach, California
Here are the tests : ) ....... Test / Review: Samsung INR18650-20R 2000mAh (Green) | BudgetLightForum.com
But seriously I use my multimeter, pay attention and take precautions, I am just curious about this cell and would like to get some thoughts from someone who has tested them already like Bishopheals or anybody else that knows a lot about batteries / chemistry regarding whether a pcb on top of this might negate the gains over cells commonly used for this type of application

Da300Mann

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2013
Benton, Arkansas, United States
Ok, I didn't read through all these post, but want to know now these would work for us NON-sub ohm guys. I like in a mech, kicked with 1.5-2.2 ohm cartos... I'm looking at the mAh and thinking this should be a great extended life over my IMR 2000mAh batteries.

Great read Bishopheals! Now if I can wrap my head around all those numbers! :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread