order of posts in a thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzer1975

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2008
Rochdale...sadly.
Whenever I am logged in the thread order is very strange, I have to go to the last page and scroll down to the bottom to read post 1 and then scroll up and gradually work my way to page 1 of the thread to read the last post.

When I am not logged in the threads take on the more usual form of the first page featuring the first post at the top of the thread.

**Edit by SJ**

Ok - just found the error - it was in "default registration options"

Unfortunately this means if you are already registered you need to change it in the User CP as Lurker has mentioned in post 2

Sorry!

SJ

Last edited by a moderator:

Chimp

Nov 9, 2008
It is strange to have the defaults different depending on logged in or not. Here's the fix:

Click on "User CP"
Click on "Edit Options"
Scroll down to "Thread Display options"
Set "Thread Display Mode" to "Linear-Oldest First"

Enjoy!

k, ty, awsome.

Now why is this not a sticky?

...be so much easier than actually fixing the 'obviously' intentional site gimmik* :D

*I make such wonderful first posts everywhere I go

scyllabub

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2008
London, UK
A big THANK YOU to Dazzer and Lurker - I could never figure out what the heck was going on, I'd get an alert for a reply and when I clicked the link I'd only see the reply to the reply :confused:

Either the posts were all backwards or you had to click a link for each one or a page number even :cry: I'd never seen anything like it :?:

I registered months ago but gave up, it's only since ordering the Janty Stick that I persevered, then just came to this sub-forum to ask What the heck's going on? Please save me :rolleyes: And you did!

scylla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread