Ordered some "Dark horse"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Yeah, too Earthy for my taste! Dragon's fire is ordered, I hope it can come in a bit faster than the last order, but it is what it is!
I'll keep the Dark horse in my kayfun for now and stick with the local juice in my Dripbox for something to take the edge off of the DH. (Yes, it's that strong guys!)
At 36mg nic, yeah DH is bound to knock a hole in the back of your head. I usually vape 12-18mg nic @ 60/40 or 70/30 and it find DH very similar to smoking a cig. I'm surprised no-one has mentioned how these NETs change with age. I find DH mellows quite a bit with age. The Grassy/earthy flavor takes a back seat bringing out the spicy notes. one of my favs, BTW

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Got my Dragon's fire today. It's more subdued, but still dark and earthy. The chocolate isn't quite as sweet as I was thinking it would be, but still vapable. The problem I'm having with it though is trying to chain vape it. The first few hits it's good, but after about five draws I get the dry glue flavor in my mouth. Hopefully it'll mellow out with some aging. But like I said, it's workable now. I'll let the DH sit for a while and try it again to see how it mellows out.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Got my Dragon's fire today. It's more subdued, but still dark and earthy. The chocolate isn't quite as sweet as I was thinking it would be, but still vapable. The problem I'm having with it though is trying to chain vape it. The first few hits it's good, but after about five draws I get the dry glue flavor in my mouth. Hopefully it'll mellow out with some aging. But like I said, it's workable now. I'll let the DH sit for a while and try it again to see how it mellows out.
Dragon's Fire has to steep for a couple weeks. Be patient. Shake the bottle often.

Reactions: retic1959

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Did you let it air out ? You should do a 24 hour caps off breather to evaporate off the alcohol left over from the extraction process that HHV uses . Their NET's tend to be sharp out of the mailbox because of the alcohol . Also agree with Bronze , Dragon's Fire needs at least 2 weeks to begin reaching it's potential .

Reactions: Bronze

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Sounds like it could also be a feeding problem. Juice can't get to your wick fast enough while chain vaping

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Sounds like it could also be a feeding problem. Juice can't get to your wick fast enough while chain vaping

I'm using a Kayfunlite clone, 1.5 ohm build at 11 watts with natural cotton wick. Never had a wicking issue with this setup before?
This juice is also 60/40, so it's nothing thick or thin, per se, unless the NET is thicker by nature? Really, I'm just asking here, so please don't take me wrong.

Reactions: Chakris

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
I'm using a Kayfunlite clone, 1.5 ohm build at 11 watts with natural cotton wick. Never had a wicking issue with this setup before?
This juice is also 60/40, so it's nothing thick or thin, per se, unless the NET is thicker by nature? Really, I'm just asking here, so please don't take me wrong.
No problem, have you tried lowering your wattage a little for this NET? It may be a little thicker than non-NETs.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Been a long night, I'm tired, so please forgive me for being short.
I've dropped to 9 watts, it helped the flavor profile some, I get more flavor, less in your face tobacco. But I'm still getting the glue taste when chain vaping. I can't see going much lower than this as I'm getting minimal throat hit at that voltage.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Been a long night, I'm tired, so please forgive me for being short.
I've dropped to 9 watts, it helped the flavor profile some, I get more flavor, less in your face tobacco. But I'm still getting the glue taste when chain vaping. I can't see going much lower than this as I'm getting minimal throat hit at that voltage.
white glue or epoxy?

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Purity means there is zero PG in the final blend IF YOU ORDER IT AS 100% VG. It means there is no PG in any of the flavorings either. Bottom line is there is ZERO PG in the purity juices IF YOU ORDER IT AT 100% VG (many vendors say their juice is 100% VG but they fail to tell you the flavorings they use have PG in them so it is not really 100% VG). And many of HHVs flavors are purity....including all the NETs and many of the non-tobacco flavors.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
You can get a dedicated list of the NETs on the HHV website. Simply go to the homepage then click on...

Products
E-Liquid Flavors
Tobacco Flavors
Naturally Extracted Tobacco

And you will get all 14 NETs. The sweetest NETs they have are Temptation, Heavenly Army, and Shadow. A couple sweet ones that are non-NET are Heavenly Tobacco and Caramel Apple Tobacco.

Gaia, Maple, Eh, and Huntsman are similar to Dark Horse. If you like one you'll like them all. The opposite is also true.

Reactions: sawlight

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Thank you so much Bronze! Sorry to sound so stupid, but it's a bit confusing!
I'll look at the sweeter stuff, I can deal with Dragons fire, if I have to, but I'd really like to get away from the "earthy" tones.
If you want to get away from the Earthy tones then stay away from Gaia, Maple,Eh, Huntsman, and Dark Horse.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
OK, how is OOMPA? Is it earthy as well, or more towards the chocolate?
Oompa is like a dark chocolate but (to me) has a sour milk note to it. Temptation is also a dark chocolate but has a creamy base to it. Remember Sno Caps?

snow caps.jpg
snow caps2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread