Origen 19/22 Tank by Norbert

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtbason35

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
North Carolina
image.jpeg

So this is the new offering from Norbert and I am very intrigued by this design. It seems to be very similar in design to the aromamizer supremes (which I love). The deck area is also tapered which does cause an odd appearance but I'm assuming it was done to reduce chamber size, thus improve flavor! I have recently been stepping away from the cloud blowing fog machines but still enjoy a little airflow, I have really high hopes for this one!

Reactions: tpedwards

Millah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
FL
View attachment 575463
So this is the new offering from Norbert and I am very intrigued by this design. It seems to be very similar in design to the aromamizer supremes (which I love).

Similar to the Aromamizer, but slightly different. Similar with the side airflow and essentially an RDA deck with a juice container sitting above it. However Aromamizer has juice feed from underneath the wicks. This Origen tank (as well as the Tiny Tank) are feeding from above the deck.

I've been very curious about the Origen Tiny, and now this, but I've been wondering how well this feeding system works, and whether its prone to leaking. Anyone have experience with the Tiny?

I agree the 19mm tapered chamber does look quite odd. But its done for flavor to keep the chamber small, which is what its all about for me. I wouldn't say this is the most elegant way of reducing chamber size though ;)

mtbason35

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
North Carolina
Similar to the Aromamizer, but slightly different. Similar with the side airflow and essentially an RDA deck with a juice container sitting above it. However Aromamizer has juice feed from underneath the wicks. This Origen tank (as well as the Tiny Tank) are feeding from above the deck.

I've been very curious about the Origen Tiny, and now this, but I've been wondering how well this feeding system works, and whether its prone to leaking. Anyone have experience with the Tiny?

I agree the 19mm tapered chamber does look quite odd. But its done for flavor to keep the chamber small, which is what its all about for me. I wouldn't say this is the most elegant way of reducing chamber size though ;)
Agreed! Seems they could have made the chamber that small while still keeping the outer diameter flush with the rest of the tank, would have required more metal, thus increased weight but would have looked much nicer. I'm with you though, if it performs, that's what really matters!

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I finally got mine in the mail:) I'm wondering if there is a way to keep it from leaking out through the air ports after filling it. When I fill it, I close the ports, open the the top cap, fill it to the brim, close the top cap, reopen the main air port, then floods right out. Running 50/50 juice. Any ideas?
to my mind, this is a design flaw. With the tiny, you have to take the tank off, remove one of the juice flow tubies and fill through that hole. With this, unless the tank is empty and/or the AF is air tight when closed (unlikely) I dont see any reason for the juice to just leak through when you take the top cap off...I guess it must work somehow but beats me how!!

Sakurai

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2014
Japan
Thank you SteveS, been reading some other forums and have heard to stuff loads of cotton where the tubes go as well as after I've finished filling it, turn it upside down and then open the air ports. I've tried stuffing more cotton in but it still flooded & gurgled. I'll try to add more next time. Turning it upside down seems as lame as getting a beauty ring for it.
There has to be a better way!

tmcguffie

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Ayrshire, Scotland, UK
I finally managed to land a piece of Norbert's gear (one of my unicorns). I got my hands on the 'Tank' just before I stopped for the holidays, so I've had it a couple of weeks now and with a few builds and a crap ton of liquid through it, I have to say I love it. Aesthetics as we all know is very subjective, me personally, I like the look of it. It is a bit like the Squape, the Rose, the Kayfuns etc, they are all instantly recognisable by certain design features and this device is no different in that respect, it stands out in a crowd. The vape quality for me is the most important thing and as far as this is concerned, it's a winner, haven't put it down. If you looking for quality of vape, it's definitely worth a try. Build quality is top notch. Sorry for the gush fest.

melodiousThunk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2009
san francisco
I can relate to the gush. I love this tank. I'm a big Norbert fan anyway, and once I got over the learning curve, I really started digging the 19. That small chamber produces such a nice, dense, flavorful cloud.

It did take me a while to find the balance of wick and coil that would work best with my juice's viscosity. I tried everything between light, squonk-style wicking to a packing in a bale of cotton. Finally I found a happy medium that worked for my juice (~75VG/25PG): japanese cotton wick, Scottish Roll, run under the coil, with the tails long enough to reach the outer edge of the deck, but pushed back and fluffed up very slightly so that they rest about 1 mm below the tubes. The vacuum works perfectly now and I can adjust it for juices that have more or less VG. The feed tubes are really an elegant solution, but when I first got the tank I thought Norbert had finally messed up.

And I never top fill. I remove the tank from the deck like a dripper and fill through one of the feed tubes. I don't remove them because I'd be sure to lose them before lunchtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread