The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Origen Little 16 BF Atty

Discussion in 'Reos Mods' started by Spydro, Oct 1, 2015.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Papa_Lazarou

Papa_Lazarou MKUltra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Awesome :toast:

What a wonderful, thoughtful gift. Best wishes to you.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Papa_Lazarou

Papa_Lazarou MKUltra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    If you're finding the Odin a tad restrictive, the O-16 might not float your boat. It's not really a big air atty.

As Spydro says, you can do long DL hits with it, but then he can make a Chalice work for the same purposes (which is saying something, given that's most definitely not an airy atty).

For comparison purposes, I'd say the O-16 (wide open) is comparable with the narda wide open, the thump with 1.5 holes open, and the RM8/derringer, stumpy, & RM9/vector with 1 hole open.

It is, however, more air than a stock RM2 or RM3, or most any of the 14mm atties (matrix, graal, speed, viper, divo, etc.).

• Like Like x 4
  3. Spydro

Spydro Sindoyen Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2013
    Spylandia
    It wouldn't have to be the CIII version for the standard Mini 2.1's, my CII works as well in them for example as well as in most pre 2015 Woodvil's with top catch cups, standard Grands, even my OG VV Grand. But the CIII is the version that is easy to find available (from Reosmods, and now at a reduced price), and that has an AFC you can dial in the air with from tootle puffer to DLH's (restictive for those so you have to take long, slow pulls).

Getting long DLH's that fill my lungs completely is easy with the O-16 wide open, I don't find them as having restrictive air with that type of pull.

Getting my lungs full from a Chalice III simply means taking longer and slower pulls than any of my other atty's that are not drilled out larger... in my case for 15-20 seconds for all of them except the one I modified for more air. For my more restrictive Chalice II I have to also slip stream the drip tip a little as well as take those longer and slower pulls, and that dilutes the flavor some. So in the CII I use more intense liquids than I need to in any of my CIII's.

O-16's having more air than a stock RM2/RM3 is an understatement. You could get more air from a 10' LONG mixed drink bar micro straw/stirrer than from those pin hole tootle puffer atty's. ;)

:lol:

• Like Like x 5
  4. gbacon

gbacon Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2013
    Henderson, NV
    I realized that the Odin I have is a V1. The V2 has better airflow than the V1 so since I like the one I have but just wanted a tiny bit more air I ordered myself a V2 :)

• Like Like x 3
  5. Matthee

Matthee Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Awesome flavour from the Clapton (0.8 ohm) with RxW.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  6. Spydro

Apr 20, 2013
    Spylandia
    Great build picture. :thumbs:

I would think that getting "awesome flavor" from an O-16 will be pretty easy to do with a wide range of builds. None of the first builds in any of mine failed to deliver great flavor. And the builds I settled on to match the liquids I run in the O-16's moved them up to join the top shelf of my flavor atty list in sort order.

I've started doing Clapton and more twisted builds again, but not any of the other crazy coils I use to build. They are considered when an atty needs a rebuild, which they seldom do, or I decide I want to try a different build in an atty. None of my O-16's have either yet, they have not needed a rebuild, but I might try both builds in them when some do.

Same with the RxW 3mm. Another only when a new build is needed/wanted that I consider using RxW instead of the pulled and rolled (that for my uses doesn't need to be replaced often). I don't use RxW 2mm at all anymore, not for a long time. In fact I just checked my build data sheet, and the only RxW 2mm build I am still running is just shy of a year old in a Chalice II.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Tamer El-Meehy

Tamer El-Meehy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 30, 2014
    Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
    I am still trying to nail "my" best flavor build to get the best out of my O 16. I am a flavor junkie and usually use a single 1.2 ohms 2.5 diameter kanthal coil. I tried the Z build but it was not stellar in terms of flavor, and then tried a regular coil closer to the side. This one is better, but not enough to push me to buy another one. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. Spydro

Apr 20, 2013
    Spylandia
    MTL and DLH's are not created equal, liquids are not created equal, atty's are not created equal, builds... you get the idea. There are many factors that add to the mix, play a role in the end product. FWIW I build to the joose because each is unto its own and likes what it likes best for my tastes in builds in each different atty. IOW, I don't just use a standard build for everything like many folks do.

Generally if you increase the vapor production, use the AFC and your draw to condense it into flavor rich vapor you'll substantially increase the flavor from any atty. You might try builds with more wire in contact with the wicking while staying in the heat range you want by using different wire gauges that still have a ramp up time your draw can live with. All of that is easy enough to compare/figure out with a coil wrapping steam engine.

Here's the link to just one of the many that's available on line...
    Coil wrapping

• Like Like x 3
  9. Tamer El-Meehy

Jan 30, 2014
    Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
    Thanks. I guess I will just keep on experimenting :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  10. Spydro

Apr 20, 2013
    Spylandia
    One of the best advantages of self discovery... when you've found your niche for different gear/joose on your own a few times, if you get new gear or a new joose you will already know where to start with them, and at worst only have to fine tune a little to be where you want to be with them.

11. Falconeer

Falconeer Super Member

I run mine on a bog standard 0.8 ohm coil made from 28 gauge Kanthal wicked with cotton on a mech squonker running at around 3.7 and with only the small hole open on the coil side - imho it's grand for flavour at that simple settting

• Like Like x 3
  12. Tamer El-Meehy

Jan 30, 2014
    Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
    That's almost how I ran it till this morning at 1.2 ohms. But in this setup it doesn't fare much better than the Cyclone AFC

13. Tamer El-Meehy

Jan 30, 2014
    Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
    Made a dual coil 8 wraps each using a 30 gauge kanthal 1.2 ohms. The flavor is really better! This atty really shines with dual builds!! But now my problem is that with a dual build you have 2 air holes open and this is too airy for me even if they are the smallest holes.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Fulgurant

Fulgurant Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 21, 2013
    Philadelphia, PA, USA
    Might try a single twisted coil with one air hole open. So far I've tried a dual coil build (30 ga, 1/16th", ~1 ohm), a single center mounted coil (28 ga, 2.5mm, ~1 ohm), and a single twisted coil (30ga, 1/16th", ~1 ohm).

The twisted coil, with only the second-smallest air hole open, seems to pop best for my vaping style (mouth to lung). YMMV, but gotta love the Origen's flexibility.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Tamer El-Meehy

Jan 30, 2014
    Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
    Sounds good ..will give it a try later tonight. And yes this thing offers tons of possibilities. Thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  16. gbacon

Apr 22, 2013
    Henderson, NV
    I just put my first build into this tiny little atty and holly cow... It may be time to sell a couple Odin's and add another one.

• Like Like x 9
  17. spiritv

spiritv Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 7, 2010
    IA
    I received an O-16 on Friday and have been playing with some builds. I'm really digging a 0.4ohm dual coil with 5 wraps of 26g. I have it set on the 2mm airholes. I like a lot of warmth and restricted lung hit, and it's just about perfect!

• Like Like x 9
  18. Mrrickyyap

Mrrickyyap Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

[​IMG]
    Origen little 16 with custom trinity glass tank glass cap

• Like Like x 5
  19. gbacon

Apr 22, 2013
    Henderson, NV
    WoW now that's cool.

20. Mrrickyyap

Mrrickyyap Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

@gbacon you should really get one. I highly recommend it. It opened up the air flow which I feel was the problem of the o16. Now the beast is unleashed.