Origen Little 16 BF Atty

Status
Not open for further replies.

coaldriller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2014
West Virginia
I set mine up with a "Z" coil, utilizing the largest air hole, and WoW!!!
9d722a8ca1614ff697ac9d9ab5de8dc9.jpg

bbb0e99f2baef61dd869dae943506ee2.jpg

Sent from the land of squonking [emoji631]

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
#98 & 99 were delivered today. Very nice quality atty and after a few minutes and a couple attempts to coil one, i got one up and running. I would say with the largest holes open it is about the same as the Nuppin' wide open air wise. Exceptionally easy to squonk and it drains completely. I will post pics of the build in a while.

So I've had a chance now to get both up and running. Both have matching 26g Ni80 6/7 wrap 2.5mm .4 duals in them. I would say this atty is very much on par with the Nuppin'. It runs just a little hotter and I think thats due to the size being 16mm. I would say the flavor is a notch better and vapor is about the same. Overall I think I am very satisfied with them so far and will be ordering a couple more. Here's a couple more pics.

I had an Atomic a while back and I think its reminiscent of it only in the air holes only. I remember the Atonic having the air holes just over the deck and below the post holes... The air flow on this is right at about post hole high maybe just over. I was worried about leaks originally because this is very similar to the Stumpy's that Tom from CAM had modded and the one I had didn't drain well at all and I had nothing but leaking problems with it. Needless to say it lasted about 3-4 days here and it was on its way to a new home via the classies... So far no leaking with these at all. They drain very well as I posted earlier. Better than the Stumpy did, IMO... I am diggin' them so far.

Great write up and pictures Muz. Good to hear about the 2.5mm dual builds working out well... that's the form size I wrapped the coils I have waiting to go in my 2 of these. And that you are eeing them as about on par with the Nuppin's is a bonus, what I was hoping for. Since I struggled after the fact to finally get 8 Nuppin's in hand it's maybe a safe bet I will be ordering at least a couple more of these while the getting them is hot (which means I'd need more Reos as well... a win-win :thumb:).

Friggin' new software...

Last edited:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Thanks for the info!!!! "Muzic" to my ears ...warmer vape and flavor!!!! You dont' happen to own a Chalice do ya? If so, can you compare this to that?

Hey! You call'in me a tootie puffer??? Ok, I don't even know what that means :facepalm:

ETA...ok... Since no one helped me out, I had to look up this tootie or tootle puffer thing. LMAO! UMMMMM...no, not all Chalice users are Tootie puffers. I vape my Chalice II @ .60Ω and my Chalice III @ .50Ω.

Hey girl... to start with I would ignore that tottle puffer comment about Chalice's. All but one of my Chalice atty's run in the .4-.7 sub ohm range and for their size produce massive flavor rich vapor with my LDLH's.

I'll be building my O-16's later tonight, comparing them to the Chalice II, III's and Nuppin's. Will LYK here after some time with them how they compare to those atty's to me.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I set mine up with a "Z" coil, utilizing the largest air hole, and WoW!!!
9d722a8ca1614ff697ac9d9ab5de8dc9.jpg

Thanks for the pic of the Z coil. :thumb:

I already have 2 sets of dual coils netting different values waiting to go in mine, but your pic confirms that a CHP (center high parallel) will be my next build on one of mine.

Maybe I can't wait until the wee hours when I normally do errands to go get them... all this activity has me wanting to play..... yesterday, or at least ASAP. ;)

coaldriller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2014
West Virginia
I really like the "Z" coil in this. I originally went for the largest hole, but after a little tinkering, I opened both sides up. It cut down on the flavor, but brought vapor production up. I think tomorrow I'll set it up with twisted duels in it and see what happens.

Sent from the land of squonking [emoji631]

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I finally picked mine up about 1AM, put the coils I had already made in them and have been vaping them steady for about 3.5 hours now.

I went with simple dual builds because of the Reos I wanted to run them on. 14500 batts only have just so much staying power, so my builds are above mid sub ohm to get a little more out of them yet still get it done with the liquids I chose to run in them.
Build one is 27ga, 2.5mm dual, 8 wraps, .64 ohm, Rolled KGD... on my White Mini 1.0.
Build two is 29ga, 2.5mm dual, 6 wraps, .74 ohm, Rolled KGD... on my TRA Mini 1.0.

They overhang the atty deck a half a mm, but I like the looks of them on the Mini 1.0's so much I'll live with it "the silly half a millimeter". They make for a very eye appealing setup... more so than the Chalice atty's I had on them... IMO the perfect atty's for the 1.0's. I went ahead and used one of the included white Delrin DT's on one, one of my favored Syner's on the other. Like the looks of both, but prefer the much larger bore of the Syner's so will probably put one of my white Delrin Syners on it eventually. These builds don't get hot enough to need the Delrin.

Aesthetics aside... even with these simple builds they are both producing massive flavor rich vapor that is working very well with these two liquids. For my long lung hits I am running both of them wide open with the dual 2.5mm air intakes.

Not long enough yet to have any idea about leakage. Have not seen any yet, but then I use feed tube reducers in the Mini 1.0's so over squonking is not an issue in them. If somebody does get slap happy with over squonking on this small atty it might not be one to just carry in a pocket though. I do get to do a lot of squonkling with all my Reos since my LDLH's use a lot of joose. The rolled KGD helps some as it holds more joose.

ETA...ok... Since no one helped me out, I had to look up this tootie or tootle puffer thing. LMAO! UMMMMM...no, not all Chalice users are Tootie puffers. I vape my Chalice II @ .60Ω and my Chalice III @ .50Ω.

AngiBe... Kind of hard to compare them to the Chalice II/III's since I am running all of those wide open with just single coils, but wide open on them is not anywhere near as much air as the O-16. So the O-16's are producing way more vapor than a similar ohm single build in a Chalice naturally. My next O-16 build will be a single, but since there is plenty of room with more than ample post hole size it will be a HCP (high center parallel).

Thinking I will call the vendor today, see if they still have more of them in stock up for grabs and not reserved for the pre orders. More of them means I'd need more Mini 1.0's, or possible some Mini 2.1's that are LP (all 4 of my 2.1's are standard). Have new homes on Reos I can move the 2 Chalice III's to that came off these Mini 1.0's yet still leave the 2 extra LP Grands open for the Manta CF Editions coming fairly soon. They will unseat the Atomic and FSM at least until I see if I do or do not like the Manta's.

My eyes are way tired so just some hurry up pics for now that are not that great...

o16-1s.jpg

o16-2s.jpg

o16-3s.jpg

Will post more as I learn the ins and outs of these atty's. But without question the TRA Mini 1.0/O-16 will be my errands Reo now, either in pocket or the Janty Holster they fit into so well.
:thumb:

Last edited:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
^^^
I already made the change to a Syner on the white 1.0 as well. I knew I would, they have a much bigger bore so I get more vapor through them. Why I have a truck load of his DT's and run them on the Nuppin'/Chalice/O-16 and other atty's, will probably eventually run them on all my atty's. I have several different designs, and I have them in both black and white delrin, naval brass, SS and copper.

Another quick pic with the Syner's...

o16-4s.jpg

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Subjective question, but to agree with coaldriller I'll go out on a limb FWIW. I think the O-16 can do anything my favored Nuppin's can ... the RM2 can't, and it does it in a more compact package than either of them.

The RM2 has a slightly smaller chamber, the O-16 has way more build versatility/room. And the O-16 has a very versatile air control system that can be adjusted for any draw wanted (so can a Nuppin')... from as restricted as a single 1.2mm for MTL up to dual 2.5mm for cloud chasers. It's just as easy to easier to build than a RM2, and easier than a Nuppin'; and it can run more joose holding wick than the RM2 (so less squonking) without blocking the drain.

The only RM2 I am running right now has it's air intake drilled large. It is on my OG VVG so it's single coil is not a sub ohm build. It still has way too restrictive air flow for my LDLH's, but the single coil produces great flavor. My O-16's both have duals in them so naturally I'm getting way more of everything from them over any RM2 build. But IMO with a single coil they would easily out perform the RM2 for my uses. I like the aesthetics of more compact atty's on Reos better too.

Danrogers

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
Campbell River, BC, Canada
Subjective question, but to agree with coaldriller I'll go out on a limb FWIW. I think the O-16 can do anything my favored Nuppin's can ... the RM2 can't, and it does it in a more compact package than either of them.

The RM2 has a slightly smaller chamber, the O-16 has way more build versatility/room. And the O-16 has a very versatile air control system that can be adjusted for any draw wanted (so can a Nuppin')... from as restricted as a single 1.2mm for MTL up to dual 2.5mm for cloud chasers. It's just as easy to easier to build than a RM2, and easier than a Nuppin'; and it can run more joose holding wick than the RM2 (so less squonking) without blocking the drain.

The only RM2 I am running right now has it's air intake drilled large. It is on my OG VVG so it's single coil is not a sub ohm build. It still has way too restrictive air flow for my LDLH's, but the single coil produces great flavor. My O-16's both have duals in them so naturally I'm getting way more of everything from them over any RM2 build. But IMO with a single coil they would easily out perform the RM2 for my uses. I like the aesthetics of more compact atty's on Reos better too.

Thanks for the great review, I'm a newb when it come to the Reo/RM2, only been using them for 2 months. I've been looking for a smaller atty to replace the RM2 and I believe the O-16 fills all the boxes.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Thanks for the great review, I'm a newb when it come to the Reo/RM2, only been using them for 2 months. I've been looking for a smaller atty to replace the RM2 and I believe the O-16 fills all the boxes.

The RM2 is no slouch Dan. It's a fine beginners atty and every day atty for the old salts as well, and I have several of them. The RM2 was my first BF atty on my first Reo that helped win me over to Reos immediately. One of them will always remain the resident atty on my OG VVG. Even with not as much air as I like it works on it because I don't push it as hard as my other Reos. The VVG/RM2 is kind of like my pipe combo, the one to savor Wakonda in at quiet times when I am pondering about something or reminiscing what once was, same as I did with my Calabash and Meerschaum pipes that were used most of my life.

Danrogers

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
Campbell River, BC, Canada
The RM2 is no slouch Dan. It's a fine beginners atty and every day atty for the old salts as well, and I have several of them. The RM2 was my first BF atty on my first Reo that helped win me over to Reos immediately. One of them will always remain the resident atty on my OG VVG. Even with not as much air as I like it works on it because I don't push it as hard as my other Reos. The VVG/RM2 is kind of like my pipe combo, the one to savor Wakonda in at quiet times when I am pondering about something or reminiscing what once was, same as I did with my Calabash and Meerschaum pipes that were used most of my life.

Thanks again Spydro, don't get me wrong I love my RM2 on my LP Reo Grand. To me it's the best vape I have experienced to date nothing even comes close. But I want something that I can grow with and the O-16 seems like it fits the bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread