Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Just got my O-16's in. Did a quick 'go to' dual 26g netting .4ohms - my reference build, if you will.

I like this little (midsized?) thing. I'm suspicious of the screw on cap (only because of previous pains with the atomic), but it builds solid and can chuck the vapor. Flavour is very good, but I have another build in mind to max it.

The supplied dt/heat sink is a good thing as she runs a tad warm. Okay... a lot warm.

Squonks well and the air (wide open) is good for light DL'ing. My DIY chai latte is in good hands and my cat (who loves the chai vapor) approves.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Just got my O-16's in. Did a quick 'go to' dual 26g netting .4ohms - my reference build, if you will.

I like this little (midsized?) thing. I'm suspicious of the screw on cap (only because of previous pains with the atomic), but it builds solid and can chuck the vapor. Flavour is very good, but I have another build in mind to max it.

The supplied dt/heat sink is a good thing as she runs a tad warm. Okay... a lot warm.

Squonks well and the air (wide open) is good for light DL'ing. My DIY chai latte is in good hands and my cat (who loves the chai vapor) approves.

I've had no issues with the cap Papa... lock the AFC where I want it and it stays put just fine no matter how many times I pull the entire cap. Not using the "heat sinks" on any of mine, but am using Delrin DT's on 2 of them. I run both AFC's wide open for either single or dual coils, works fine for my slow LDLH's. I am running a Spicy Chai in one of mine too (Wormwood and Patchouli in the other 2).

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Yeah I've seem to of finally found a happy place with a 30 twist 2.5mm 6 wrap .7 ohms with one hole wide open and kgd wick..

Strange how I usually run with a medium sized air hole.

And I think all the difference for me is the long ss drip tip which I think enlarges the whole size of the atty?? Normally I run short drip tips.

Reactions: Papa_Lazarou

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I've had no issues with the cap Papa... lock the AFC where I want it and it stays put just fine no matter how many times I pull the entire cap. Not using the "heat sinks" on any of mine, but am using Delrin DT's on 2 of them. I run both AFC's wide open for either single or dual coils, works fine for my slow LDLH's. I am running a Spicy Chai in one of mine too (Wormwood and Patchouli in the other 2).

Yep - one evening of heavy use and the cap is solid. Nice atty, this.

I experimented with a number of dt's and found I like a slightly longer delrin one than normal (for me). I choked up the dt diameter from the stock tip and (whether the power of suggestion or not) the flavour is improved. coils and wicks are settling in nicely, too.

This comes to work with me tomorrow.

Reactions: Spydro

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither

I experimented with a number of dt's and found I like a slightly longer delrin one than normal (for me). I choked up the dt diameter from the stock tip and (whether the power of suggestion or not) the flavour is improved. Coils and wicks are settling in nicely, too.

Still using the short, stubby, tapered, extra wide bore slip fit Syner DT's that adds to the compactness of this atty on Mini 1.0's. I am still using all three of them every day/night, one of them is always in a shirt pocket.

Reactions: Robinowitz

xtreme101

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
New York

I experimented with a number of dt's and found I like a slightly longer delrin one than normal (for me). I choked up the dt diameter from the stock tip and (whether the power of suggestion or not) the flavour is improved. Coils and wicks are settling in nicely, too.

I believe the supplied tip is more of an insulator which can be used between atty and your metal tip to keep from heating up if necessary.

xtreme101

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
New York
Reactions: hildicat

plewm

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2011
South Africa

is it too soon to ask for your review on this atty? does it come highly recommended for single coil folks?

Reactions: Papa_Lazarou

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Single coil is fine for me.. well I used twisted 30 gauge wire at .7-1ohm.

Didn't love it till I put a large drip tip on it.. haha. I think the short thing needs a steam pipe and that's what a longer drip tip provides I think.. so tall trip tip or use the white spacer along with your fav tip and then the flavor really came out for me where it's normal like other attys.

If you like harsh vapes use a shorty tip.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Single coil is fine for me.. well I used twisted 30 gauge wire at .7-1ohm.

Didn't love it till I put a large drip tip on it.. haha. I think the short thing needs a steam pipe and that's what a longer drip tip provides I think.. so tall trip tip or use the white spacer along with your fav tip and then the flavor really came out for me where it's normal like other attys.

If you like harsh vapes use a shorty tip.

Different strokes so opinion varies on DT's. I run stubby wide bore slip fit DT's without the included white delrin insulators/DT's, do not get any of what I'd call harsh vapes in the least by doing so with LDLH's, and my builds are lower ohm than yours (.4ish to .7ish). Like with all my builds mine in these atty's match the joose they run for the best flavor from them in these atty's for my tastes. I am currently running dual 26ga & 27ga in 2, a single 26ga in the third, and with both of the AFC's largest holes wide open in all of them.

Samasa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2013
Huber Heights, Ohio
I am using a dual 26 ga at about .7 ohms in mine, using the white drip tip it came with, and my vape is not harsh at all. The flavor out of this little atty is amazing. I built a bit higher than I normally do based on the experience of those in this thread, I usually build between .3 and .5 but that is on bigger 22mm attys. This little origen atty now lives on my reo mini 2.1, looks great on the smaller mod.
Thank you all again for sharing your experience with this atty, it is a great addition to my vaping arsenal!

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
is it too soon to ask for your review on this atty? does it come highly recommended for single coil folks?

This atty is very solid - engineered every bit as well as it's big brother Origen.

* easy to build if you accept the post hole config (wires enter/exit at a non-orthogonal angle relative to the coil axis). Some thicker wire variants (e.g., MM or tiger) might be an issue to install given the angles.

* reduced chamber resulting in very, very good flavour. Effectively, it's 14 mm performance for flavour with larger atty vapor - quite a nice combo.

* afc gives you a lot of options (although I'm more a fan of the cyclops afc style). Single hole option for those not running duals. Wide open, it's suitable for mid-DL vaping. Closes down nicely for 'pure' MTL'ing.

* runs hot, particularly (not surprisingly) with duals. Clearly, they knew this, given the heat sink that ships with it.

* post grubs can easily fall out when building - the difference between unscrewed enough to clear the post holes and detached is very small. Luckily, my cat found them on the floor the two times I dropped one.

* Works very well with a single coil. Didn't try a center mount, but a .7ohm side mounted 26g coil did everything I could ask of it. I left both afc holes wide open so I could keep more air, and the flavour drop off was not appreciable. I would, however, suggest that the thing really shines with duals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread