Status
Not open for further replies.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Wow, first order from hotecig! Yesterday I ordered 2 O-16's from hotecig(focalecig), and this morning I have a notice that they have shipped. I am not used to this from a Chinese company, is it a fluke? :)
You must of gotten lucky.My order from almost a month ago,still has never shipped.I finally contacted cs,and they told me the griffin bases i bought were out of stock and they were waiting for them to come in.I asked what the eta was on them,then they tell me they are out of production.I start giving them other sku's to exchange to finish out the order,and every last item i mention,they say is out of stock.I am very close to just cancelling the whole order now.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
You must of gotten lucky.My order from almost a month ago,still has never shipped.I finally contacted cs,and they told me the griffin bases i bought were out of stock and they were waiting for them to come in.I asked what the eta was on them,then they tell me they are out of production.I start giving them other sku's to exchange to finish out the order,and every last item i mention,they say is out of stock.I am very close to just cancelling the whole order now.

Man , what a nightmare lol.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Welllllll...I'm just guessing. But probly something like this...

2with016a.jpg

2witho16b.jpg

I haven't got that e-mail yet, but no biggie either. The two I ordered from hotecig should be here in a couple weeks.
I have been considering getting a Pico Squeeze, or a Copper Vape, and trying to imagine how one of these would look on them.

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
You must of gotten lucky.

Agreed on the gotten lucky, I have an order that was marked shipped 22 days ago, I placed the order 28 days previous to that. So at about the 40 day mark I contacted Focalecig/popecig/hotecig the first response was I should contact my local post office to find out what the problem is.

Obviously since tracking doesn't even indicate it was accepted yet this would just garner some strange looks from my PO employees. After 5 emails with customer support they tell me they will check with the logistics company to find the status of the package.

During that time I went to there website to see if anything changed, now my package status is moved to processing with a note to contact Customer service. Once again I do so, and they tell me the following.

With order number, you can check your order status on focalecig.com/ordertrack

With tracking number, you can check your package status on 17track.net

If this package doesn't show up within 35 days from the day you place this order, Please open dispute on your end so that we could insititue investigation to the logistic company for this package.

The thing is, if Doris (Jieyan) were still there this would not happen, as right now I'm just getting a run-around.

Now I've ordered quite a bit from Focal in the past, they've never been fast, but I could count on getting what I paid for. Seems since Doris is no longer with them this has changed.

Buyer beware, and I agree, making a new account because PayPal shut down the previous one seems pretty shady.

Reactions: Burnie

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Agreed on the gotten lucky, I have an order that was marked shipped 22 days ago, I placed the order 28 days previous to that. So at about the 40 day mark I contacted Focalecig/popecig/hotecig the first response was I should contact my local post office to find out what the problem is.

Obviously since tracking doesn't even indicate it was accepted yet this would just garner some strange looks from my PO employees. After 5 emails with customer support they tell me they will check with the logistics company to find the status of the package.

During that time I went to there website to see if anything changed, now my package status is moved to processing with a note to contact Customer service. Once again I do so, and they tell me the following.

The thing is, if Doris (Jieyan) were still there this would not happen, as right now I'm just getting a run-around.

Now I've ordered quite a bit from Focal in the past, they've never been fast, but I could count on getting what I paid for. Seems since Doris is no longer with them this has changed.

Buyer beware, and I agree, making a new account because PayPal shut down the previous one seems pretty shady.

OOHHH, now I'm worried. Here's hoping. Keeping fingers crossed.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Man , what a nightmare lol.
I agree.The fact that it is taking so long really isn't too much of an issue for me,since the order only contained a couple Griffin bases for back up stock,and the little beauty ring for the Origen little.What really ticks me off is that it took them a month,and they never bothered to let me know that the bases are not available,i guess they would have just kept letting the order sit there since they already got paid.I shouldn't have to track down their issues,they should have contacted me.

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
This place does not have the selection of Focal, but Doris suggested it as a source for Shenray stuff. So I ordered a couple things which are 24 hour status. Not only did I receive a personal email confirming my order but Doris messaged me on Farcebook about the order. So it appears she is working with this outfit in some respect. I didn't expect this order to be shipped within 24 hours since it is the weekend in China, but it was a nice touch having that explained, and noting it would be on the way Monday.

I'll post back when I get the package, but it seems to be a pleasant alternative for Shenray purchases so far.

2Fdeal - To Friend Deal and better experience on vaping!

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I'm regularly using both...
The Pico is cute and tiny and so far, reliable.
Long-term, I worry about the button, because it is similar to the dripbox button - electronic and right under the atty - I killed a dripbox already. Also, a minor thing, but the bottle is really tight, you have to really PULL to get it out (not the tube is tight - but the bottle ridges rub the body itself). Overall - fun to have, great for "stealth" but I wouldn't count it as a "vacopalypse" device because of the electronics.

Coppervape on the other hand is built like a tank. Sure, it's a cheap chinese tank, but still...it's a hunk of aluminum with a couple holes and a firing pin. Not crafted with immaculate precision - some people find a little sticking of the button (fixable) and mine, the battery cover threads are a little crunchy - but it works, and it's maintanable,

Both nice in the hand, both good battery contact and surprisingly low v-drop.
If I had to buy ONE, I'd probably go Coppervape, but I also thing I might get another Pico if, say, I lost this one...
:D

How are you liking the Pico compared to the CV? I have 2 CVs that I love and my Pico Squeeze lands soon...

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I'm regularly using both...
The Pico is cute and tiny and so far, reliable.
Long-term, I worry about the button, because it is similar to the dripbox button - electronic and right under the atty - I killed a dripbox already. Also, a minor thing, but the bottle is really tight, you have to really PULL to get it out (not the tube is tight - but the bottle ridges rub the body itself. Overall - pull to have, great for "stealth" but I wouldn't count it as a "vacopalypse" device because of the electronics.

I kinda Freaked Out when I 1st got my Pico Squeeze. Because the Bottle was So Hard to get Out. And it ONLY came with One Bottle.

One thing I found that Helps is if I Rotate the Bottle a 1/4 Turn and the Pull. 1/4 Turn and the Pull. 1/4 Turn and the Pull.

The Bottle Isn't Perfectly Round. And the Feed Tube Isn't Perfectly Centered on the Bottle Cavity. So there is One Orientation where the Bottle is Easiest to Remove.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I almost ordered a CV today, and I just haven't been able to pull the trigger because there was something that was poking at the back of my brain. I finally realized what it was. On my Reos, if I get a short, the spring drops down as a protection, and it works, believe me. The CV doesn't have a spring or any protection in case of a short that I'm aware of. So I am leary of this.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
@herb does your 0-16 fire on the CV w/o using the o-ring under the 510 pin?

Every CV i have it fires first time without the O ring , i have not used the O rings that come with the CV on any of them , no leaks , no connection issues at all with any topper i have tried.

Reactions: oplholik
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread