Origen V3 RDA, don't know what to build for flavor on a mech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
I don't know how to build flavor builds at all on high ohms with a tighter draw air flow settings. I was hoping someone can point me to some advice where I can get my mind around the concept.

This thing can take dual vertical coils, but installing them is a headache. If anyone can recommend a single coil build that would be great, but if not I'll go through the hassle. I lack a power drill after my last one broke, so clap tons and twisted coils are not available to me. I'm using this thing as a bottom feeder on my REO, and using AW IMR batteries 20 amp limit. So my usual 24 gauge parallel build is a bit much(and a nightmare to keep stable for installation as this thing preferes lower gauge wires).

Any help would be awesome. I also would like to know the differences in flavor of higher or lower inner diameter of the wire. I know resistance should fall, but what does it mean for flavor specifically. (Not concerned at all really about clouds).

Ramp up time also doesn't concern me, just as long as it's not 6+ seconds where the wick would dry up by the time heat would be at the sweet spot for flavor production.

Tagi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Dallas Texas
My experience is from the v1 and 2. Building is tricky at first but now for me the origin is easier for me to build then a standard 3 post. I wrap the coil and then insert the lead into the positive post hole. Adjusting the drill bit so that it goes down into the juice well. With the positive post still untightened I like to move the edge of the juice well. I then will connect the negative connection. Repeat if your doing Duals, I prefer single coils. Then I take some small needle tipped tweezers and squeeze the drill bit just under the coil and use the edge of the base as a pivot point to raise the coil. This will usually close any gaps in the wraps and give you enough space to make wicking much easier.

I forget the resistance I preferred on a mech as I have not used it on one in a while. But I am with you on the heat. This atty does not need as much heat as other atties.

I would try a .4 and then adjust the resistance and wire gauge for heat and ramp up preferences.

I use a 7\64 drill bit. The larger diameter coils seem to have a longer ramp up and smaller slows down wicking.

I love mine on my GDNA40. Right now its running a 1.56 28 gauge single coil at 20 watts. I modded it to bottom feed. I like it with my NET juices. Squonking fills the wells almost to the brim of the deck and drains any excess.

Tagi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Dallas Texas
Did you use the BF pin:
Bottom Feeder Kit for Origen Dripper V2 & V3
or do it yourself?
Thanks

I did it myself.

Unscrewed the two top nuts and the positive pin pulls right out. All you need is a dremel with a cut off wheel. I cut a notch where the bottom nut rests against the deck and cut two grooves up the positive pin just up to the notch. The bottom half of the threads are not used so to groove does not cause any threading issues.

Another post that I used for reference - Convert full size RDA to Bottom Feeder | Page 3 | E-Cigarette Forum

Partially down there's a post with a good pic of the notches in the rda deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread