Original eroll vs eroll-C and the quest for hands free vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dioxyde

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
Oregon
I have been searching for an ecig kit that will allow me to vape hands free for small periods of time while I work which has led me to the e-roll. I would like to get the best performance possible while still maintaining this functionality. Are there any size/weight differences between these two models? Is there any reason to purchase the original instead of the eroll-C or vice versa? It seems like the only significant difference between the two is a juice window lol, which is pretty amazing considering the price difference I'm seeing between the kits.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out here.

EDIT: Also it seems like there should really be a starter kit that allows you to upgrade to the mega pcc case instead of buying it in addition to the regular one, anyone got a vendor that gives you this option?

EDIT #2: I'm noticing the atomizer heads for these erolls are not only spendy but are all coming up around 2.2ohms, isn't that a bit high for a 3.7???

Last edited:

huckleberry

Verified Member
Oct 4, 2014
Dublin, Pa
I haven't come across a starter kit that includes the mega pcc, and they do have low resistance atomizer heads for the eroll. They are called the type B. and have a 1.7 ohm resistance. Just a fyi the lightest hands free cigalike I have come across is the markten from BT. It's basically a small 90 mah battery with a small carto that's easy to refill. They do have a pcc for that you can see on their website. I know some people will hate on the markten but it works pretty good and it is very small and light. If you go on their website and register and such you can try and request a coupon for a free one to try it out. Good Luck.

ccm2000

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
California
I bought a few eRoll-C batteries, cones and tanks just to try them out. For me the eRoll-C performs more consistently and requires less fiddling than the eRoll. The parts snap together precisely even after weeks of use. A definite improvement. I don't like the metal tank covers cause you can't bite them like the plastic ones when hands free vaping. The C roll is slightly heavier.

Bookworm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
USA
I haven't come across a starter kit that includes the mega pcc, and they do have low resistance atomizer heads for the eroll. They are called the type B. and have a 1.7 ohm resistance. Just a fyi the lightest hands free cigalike I have come across is the markten from BT. It's basically a small 90 mah battery with a small carto that's easy to refill. They do have a pcc for that you can see on their website. I know some people will hate on the markten but it works pretty good and it is very small and light. If you go on their website and register and such you can try and request a coupon for a free one to try it out. Good Luck.

Type B is different, and not made for the eRoll. But there are low resistance type A atomizers, in 1.8 ohm (I think). But these eRolls hit surprisingly well. Especially if you take a little primer puff and then your full drag.

You may be able to find a clearance price on the old style kit. There were some recently at DFWVapor for $5, but I just looked and they're all out.

Edited to add: the type a low resistance heads are 1.7 ohms, according to litecigusa. They are the same price so it's worth trying out if you want a harder hit.

Last edited:

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Type B is different, and not made for the eRoll. But there are low resistance type A atomizers, in 1.8 ohm (I think). But these eRolls hit surprisingly well. Especially if you take a little primer puff and then your full drag.

You may be able to find a clearance price on the old style kit. There were some recently at DFWVapor for $5, but I just looked and they're all out.

Edited to add: the type a low resistance heads are 1.7 ohms, according to litecigusa. They are the same price so it's worth trying out if you want a harder hit.

I've used both the eRoll Heads (genuine Joyetech LR = 1.8Ω, SR = 2.2Ω). Somehow the SR works the best on our eRolls and last longer.

Genuine Joyetech eGo-C / eRoll / eCab Atomizer 5 pack SR(2.2ohm) or LR(1.8ohm)

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I bought a few eRoll-C batteries, cones and tanks just to try them out. For me the eRoll-C performs more consistently and requires less fiddling than the eRoll. The parts snap together precisely even after weeks of use. A definite improvement. I don't like the metal tank covers cause you can't bite them like the plastic ones when hands free vaping. The C roll is slightly heavier.

I like v1 eRoll cartridges better as well :)

Well nothing much. Everything remains the same except that now the 'new eRoll' has a tank sleeve.

33m1o35.jpg

And a new colour has been added into the scheme of things ~ the eRoll-C also comes in a 'gold dust' hue.

Reactions: AstroTurf

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
I like v1 eRoll cartridges better as well :)

Yeah, I don't know why they made it harder to see the liquid level.
I like the clear/white carts better. The black are hard for me to see through in low light.
Did they change the way the cone & batt fit? Someone said it's tighter, but I thought we found out they were still interchangeable...

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Yeah, I don't know why they made it harder to see the liquid level.
I like the clear/white carts better. The black are hard for me to see through in low light.
Did they change the way the cone & batt fit? Someone said it's tighter, but I thought we found out they were still interchangeable...

Everything is interchangeable.

ccm2000

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
California
How is it less fiddly, can you explain what you mean? thanks

I sometimes have to twist the tank, swap the cone or fiddle with the air hole to get the eRoll to feed or draw correctly. I don't do that with eRoll-C's. They consistently perform well. The Ovaleusa website says "the (eRoll-C) construction and tolerances are improved over the emini". Seems that way to me.

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
I sometimes have to twist the tank, swap the cone or fiddle with the air hole to get the eRoll to feed or draw correctly. I don't do that with eRoll-C's. They consistently perform well. The Ovaleusa website says "the (eRoll-C) construction and tolerances are improved over the emini". Seems that way to me.

What is the finish on the C? Will it not chip around the edges where the batt and cone meet?
Have you tried the original carts on it? Results?
TIA

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I have the black eRoll-C. The paint is a bit more glossy than the matte finish on the eRoll. No paint chipping so far. I've used for about 2 months. The original tanks work fine on the eRoll-C but the draw is more airy than the eRoll-C tanks.

Do you mean the draw is airier in the Eroll-C when older Eroll tanks are used on it than what it'd've been with its own tanks? If that's the case then I definitely have to pick up some Eroll-C batteries, I love airier draws nowadays :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread