Status
Not open for further replies.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Madvapes used to sell an 18650 flashlight with the intention of it being turned in to a tube mod... In fact, I bought a few for that purpose, but they were too good as flashlights to be turned into PVs. If you ever see a gun metal grey Brinyte 18650 flashlight that is a straight tube (doesn't have a wide head - just a straight tube) , buy it. Don't expect it to be a weapon light or super-durable tactical fancy-schmancy 50 mode uber-gizmo. It is on or off <period>. When on, it's like having a car headlight in your hand. CREE LED, orange peel reflector, and a good long throw maybe a couple of hundred meters or so.

Last edited:

WileECoyote

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2013
Woodbridge, VA, USA
www.zidrate.com
and then there's this

Saber Flashlight

I read somewhere that Vamo has a secret feature that allows it to fire without pressing the button.
That would be the mod for this.

No real features besides screwing a light onto one of my Vamos and setting it to fire.
Not setting it on fire wiseguy :evil:

Just got this. Will report how it works when received. 9 LED's must drain the juice quick. Will measure that feature.

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
I got bit a little. Got a Thrunite TN12 2014 version. Love this light. It tail stands has 5 setting moon, low, med, hi, turbo and also hidden strobe. Uses two buttons tail button for on/off and momentary and a side button to change modes.

It turns on to the last setting used.

I really like the moon light mode which is really a very low setting but perfect for seeing without be blinded or waking the wife in the middle of the night. From now on any light I get will have to have super low and turn on to the last setting used.

vapspaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
SC
Damn... I just had to click on this thread didn't I. :blink: :facepalm:

Mrs. Spaz: Honey what's this package that just arrived?

Spaz: Umm... errr.... It's not another PV honey I promise.

Mrs. Spaz: It damn well better not be anything that uses 18650 batteries dear.

Spaz: Umm... but... honey, it's a ..

Mrs. Spaz: Damn it! I knew it!!! When will you stop dumping money on all this vaping crap!? You've been at it for over 3 years now and we haven't saved a damn dime yet. How many times do I have to ... bla...bla.. bla...bla...bla.. bla...bla...bla.. bla...bla...bla.. bla...bla...bla.. bla...bla...bla.. bla...bla...bla.. bla...bla...bla.. bla...bla...bla.. bla...bla...bla.. bla...bla...bla.. bla...bla...bla.. bla...bla...bla.. bla...bla...bla.. bla...bla...bla.. bla...bla...bla.. bla...bla...bla.. bla...bla...bla.. bla...bla...bla.. bla...bla...bla.. bla...bla...bla.. bla...bla...bla.. bla...bla...bla.. bla...bla...bla.. bla...bla...bla.. bla...bla...bla.. bla...bla...bla.. bla...bla...bla.. bla...bla...bla.. bla...

Spaz: But look honey! It lights up! :D

Mrs. Spaz: :facepalm:

vapspaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
SC
I got bit a little. Got a Thrunite TN12 2014 version. Love this light. It tail stands has 5 setting moon, low, med, hi, turbo and also hidden strobe. Uses two buttons tail button for on/off and momentary and a side button to change modes.

It turns on to the last setting used.

I really like the moon light mode which is really a very low setting but perfect for seeing without be blinded or waking the wife in the middle of the night. From now on any light I get will have to have super low and turn on to the last setting used.

Holy snikes! That puppy is $154 smackaroos! :ohmy:
But it sure is a nice torch!

vapspaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
SC
Wow! You got a fantastic deal on that. I've been reading reviews about it and it sounds like an awesome light! How long ago did you buy it on Amazon?

I'm looking at that light as well as the Fenix PD35 & Nitecore P12. They are all VERY nice. I like the memory capability. That way you don't have to cycle through all the settings every time.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
You guys really have to quit this talk about flashlights!

I have two Trustfire Flames 18650 and need a flashlight for them! I won't use them in a PV.

Every time I see this thread I go and search Amazon. I put two different ones in my cart. But then I read through posts and change my mind and don't buy.

I want something good, but not costing too much. Just can decide what to get.

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
Karen for $7.50 the one I got is not bad. YOu do have to cycle through to get the setting you want but if you don't use one everyday it is a good deal. I had old Ultrafires from the early Reo days that I am using. Great value to price. Would a rather have a Fenix, Thrunite etc., yes but this one is good. It does take a month to get it though.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Karen for $7.50 the one I got is not bad. YOu do have to cycle through to get the setting you want but if you don't use one everyday it is a good deal. I had old Ultrafires from the early Reo days that I am using. Great value to price. Would a rather have a Fenix, Thrunite etc., yes but this one is good. It does take a month to get it though.

Thanks sweetie! I might also pick up one that takes 14500 batteries. I have way too many of those.

Shipping time does not bother me. Look how long I put off buying any! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread