Status
Not open for further replies.

krazie_Kid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Long Island
www.vapor4life.com
I just wanted to post this because as you guy's know, I am horrible with figuring out stuff like Morandir Sir and SnowDragon for electronic cigarettes, but when it comes to computer's I am a decent fixer.

I saw JustTired had a virus that wiped his hard drive, so if anyone is experiencing problem's, please pm me, and I can help you try to fix it. I will do the best I can, and hopefully we can get the problem fixed, so you do not have to go to a computer guy.

incantius

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
tennessee
I just wanted to post this because as you guy's know, I am horrible with figuring out stuff like Morandir Sir and SnowDragon for electronic cigarettes, but when it comes to computer's I am a decent fixer.

I saw JustTired had a virus that wiped his hard drive, so if anyone is experiencing problem's, please pm me, and I can help you try to fix it. I will do the best I can, and hopefully we can get the problem fixed, so you do not have to go to a computer guy.
I'm also game for assisting you if possible (15+ years in IT and counting...programmer/networking/system admin/you frigging name it. if i don't know it i can most likely find it lol)

incantius

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
tennessee
Yes, very generous of you to help all those people with Windows. :)
not to worry Mac lovers time is coming. as their market share increases they will become more "target worthy" and you'll find out just how bad the security, etc is on Apple's OS. (pretty much any Unix hack in existence will run & destroy a Mac)

krazie_Kid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Long Island
www.vapor4life.com
You guys are quite welcome, and Ty incantius and thescootness that is true, I am usually good with basic problems and virus's. I even fixed the blue screen lol.

I am no computer genous or anything, but I am fairly good.

Linux I have used quite a bit, and I loved it. The only reason I went back to windows is cause one online game I play wouldnt work, and that is the only thing I really do on my laptop other then visit here and such.

incantius

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
tennessee
the BIGGEST takeaway from this whole thread is this...NEVER, EVER carry your computer to Best buy's Geek Squad (just google and you'll find thousands of unsatisfied customers (plus I've had to repair some of their "work" before).

also a quick disclaimer:

not all PC issues can be resolved through forums, message boards, etc. some things require hands-on access to sufficiently troubleshoot & repair the problems :D

hersch

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2010
indiana
the BIGGEST takeaway from this whole thread is this...NEVER, EVER carry your computer to Best Buy's Geek Squad (just google and you'll find thousands of unsatisfied customers (plus I've had to repair some of their "work" before).

also a quick disclaimer:

not all PC issues can be resolved through forums, message boards, etc. some things require hands-on access to sufficiently troubleshoot & repair the problems :D
You got that right.I myself been fixing my own problems clear back to 1983..Alot of improvements now days...I started with windows 3.0 A night mare..No web sites back then so one was on his own...

Last edited:

krazie_Kid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Long Island
www.vapor4life.com
the BIGGEST takeaway from this whole thread is this...NEVER, EVER carry your computer to Best Buy's Geek Squad (just google and you'll find thousands of unsatisfied customers (plus I've had to repair some of their "work" before).

also a quick disclaimer:

Aye, you are right about the disclaimer and the WORST buy geek squad... I am ashamed they are called geeks! But I even talked my mom though a few problems without being near a computer, I mean it was common stuff, blue screen of death, but still.

HarmonyPB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2011
Houston, Texas, USA
www.facebook.com
ummm a server is basically just a beefier PC...(unless you're talking mid-range, mainframe servers)

Nope, just the beefier kind. But I don't fix them or anything, we have break-fix for that. I'm more of a hands-on hardware person. So if it's anything but hardware I'm coming to you guys. Course, if it's a hardware issue I probably wouldn't be able to get on the forums! Suffice it to say, that if I'm able to get here then I've done all I know how!

HarmonyPB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2011
Houston, Texas, USA
www.facebook.com
For example...every time my DH plays SWTOR on my computer and then logs off so I can get on, my desktop is jacked up. I have Windows 7 (don't judge me :p ) and I have 2 monitors set up. My monitors switch places, so I have to move my mouse to the right to get to my monitor on the left and sometimes my desktop icons pop up on the second monitor. It's not a major issue and I know how to correct it, but I don't know how to make it stop happening! It's kind of annoying having to reset it all the time. I only notice it after the DH gets off of it and he says he doesn't change anything.

incantius

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
tennessee
You got that right.I myself been fixing my own problems clear back to 1983..Alot of improvements now days...I started with windows 3.0 A night mare..No web sites back then so one was on his own...
Windows 3.0 was the first "rush to market" OS version for M$. it was released prior to being market-ready due to missing the GA release date several times and they had to release something to save face (and it backfired until Windows 3.11 for workgroups) the next "rush to market" release was Windows ME (even with the web it was a holy terror) originally ME was to be XP and once again due to missed timelines they pushed it out the door before it was ready for primetime (Vista was the most recent one but it wasn't nearly as bad as the ME & 3.0 debacles).

incantius

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
tennessee
For example...every time my DH plays SWTOR on my computer and then logs off so I can get on, my desktop is jacked up. I have Windows 7 (don't judge me :p ) and I have 2 monitors set up. My monitors switch places, so I have to move my mouse to the right to get to my monitor on the left and sometimes my desktop icons pop up on the second monitor. It's not a major issue and I know how to correct it, but I don't know how to make it stop happening! It's kind of annoying having to reset it all the time. I only notice it after the DH gets off of it and he says he doesn't change anything.
just for the sake of stupidity...check to see if you have "auto-arrange icons" selected on your desktop settings (right-click on any clear spot on the desktop & look at the "view" selections on the pop-up. sometimes that will screw things up on Win 7. i very rarely use that setting (since the 3.0 version Hersch mentioned earlier :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread