Not open for further replies.

HarmonyPB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2011
Houston, Texas, USA
www.facebook.com
just for the sake of stupidity...check to see if you have "auto-arrange icons" selected on your desktop settings (right-click on any clear spot on the desktop & look at the "view" selections on the pop-up. sometimes that will screw things up on Win 7. i very rarely use that setting (since the 3.0 version Hersch mentioned earlier :D)

Nope, auto arrange is not selected. Sorry.

This is exciting!! I might learn something new today :)

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Go to the ati control panel, driver release info is there. Know both they and nvidia had issues with going from a direct x game back to desktop with multiple monitors Ms. Harmony. Nvidia fixed their's in the 25x drivers, can't remember which driver fixed that issue for ati (think it was catalyst 10.something).

Last edited:

Running Wolf

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2011
North East Ohio
count me on the help chain as well....

Best thing to do is make sure you're virus definitions are up to date and you have the automatic updates for them on.

Somehow I got fragged by a virus a month or two back. Good thing about having the dual boot is being able to boot to Ubuntu and working the virus out from there :)

incantius

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
tennessee
count me on the help chain as well....

Best thing to do is make sure you're virus definitions are up to date and you have the automatic updates for them on.

Somehow I got fragged by a virus a month or two back. Good thing about having the dual boot is being able to boot to Ubuntu and working the virus out from there :)
in lieu of dual booting you can also grab a copy of the Ultimate Boot CD 4 Windows it's great for troubleshooting when Windows doesn't want to boot up plus the rootkit killers, etc are very good...

HarmonyPB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2011
Houston, Texas, USA
www.facebook.com
Sorry, I tried to reply last night, but my Internet went down and I didn't feel like messing with it. The driver did need to be updated. I'm not sure if that will fix the problem. I'll have to wait until the DH plays his game again. Thanks so much for helping me out :)

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread