Other's thinking I'm trying to be "cool"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markill

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2014
Connecticut
Especially as somebody fairly young (still in school) I get a lot of comments, especially from friends, about how "that's not making you look cool" "nobody cares about dumb e hookahs" "you look like a tool" and things like that. I don't think people really understand the point of it isn't being cool. It's something I enjoy. Well I also enjoy juggling and MMORPGs, even though those aren't "cool." Many people still don't get that I vape because I like too and not for "my image." Even strangers comment, saying how "I'm trying to be popular." I'm not popular, and couldn't care less if I was. It would just be nice if people could understand I'm not vaping for my image.

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
Especially as somebody fairly young (still in school) I get a lot of comments, especially from friends, about how "that's not making you look cool" "nobody cares about dumb e hookahs" "you look like a tool" and things like that. I don't think people really understand the point of it isn't being cool. It's something I enjoy. Well I also enjoy juggling and MMORPGs, even though those aren't "cool." Many people still don't get that I vape because I like too and not for "my image." Even strangers comment, saying how "I'm trying to be popular." I'm not popular, and couldn't care less if I was. It would just be nice if people could understand I'm not vaping for my image.

Just tell them exactly that and add that you'd hope they would support your effort to stop smoking and exposing people around you to second-hand smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread