Status
Not open for further replies.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
That was kick ayuss Daniel San. Kick ayuss. I don't remember the name of the first song you played but I know it by heart. "I can't she said, as she walked away..." Those are the opening lyrics. You nailed the riff bro. Square.

And second heartbeat - yes, that is my all time favorite A7X tune. Again, nailed with the preciseness. Awesome man. That just put a cap on a killer day for me.

I don't know what the 3rd cut was - it sounded familiar but I couldn't place it, however, it sounded awesome bro.

Damn Danny, you can shred son. You have talents I only hope to ever scratch the surface of - like lead guitarist talents - you should exploit em bro.

The crowd of one on this balcony in the night, hearing but not seeing the gulf was banging it's head for a minute there :)

Correct Russ. It's Unholy Confessions for the first one. I had to include Second Heartbeat in there for you, it's the one song that stops you in the middle of a video to listen to haha. Third song is called I'm Alright, I read tabs of the version from Neil Zaza. It has some fast parts and sweep picking I can do anymore so I only played a minute of it. I used to be so much faster then I was stupid and gave up guitar for a few years after High School. So I got slow again and have to work my way back up. Glad I could help end a killer day :)

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Great video Danny!! Always fun to see you, and really enjoyed the music, (last one not quite for me, but liked the other two)!! Hey sweetie, it's not a contest to see who can do the best, I'd usually rather listen to amateurs jam than the best professionals! There's usually more heart and soul in the amateurs, and that's what makes music special!

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
Great video Danny!! Always fun to see you, and really enjoyed the music, (last one not quite for me, but liked the other two)!! Hey sweetie, it's not a contest to see who can do the best, I'd usually rather listen to amateurs jam than the best professionals! There's usually more heart and soul in the amateurs, and that's what makes music special!

Thank you Debadoo. The last one is more for me to be faster around the fretboard. Since it seems you hit every string up and down the guitar, so it's training sort of to me. I'm surprised how much more motivation it takes to get back into guitar, but it's very relaxing at least. I'm always critical of myself, especially with mistakes or missing a string, but it's still fun nonetheless.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I'm always critical of myself
I know, it's hard not to be......but I try (not always successfully) to leave that to other folks, there are always plenty out there that want to criticize everyone. As with vaping, celebrate the successes!!!

Oh and Rob.......that's a gitfiddle hun, not a getfiddle!! :lol: dunno where I first head that term and adopted it, but have called em that sometimes for as long as I can remember, but don't really ever hear anyone else say it. You must have some southern in ya somewherz!! :laugh:

Fishcakes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
nj
Oh! Its not a shooting the breeze thing, but ive been making these vids about stupid things i do at work so my friends stop asking me why im always so tired during the week. Maybe you guys will enjoy them... At the very least itll bump up this awesome thread;)

Theres 4 of em on my youtube channel thingy. Im John Saunders on youtube, in case these bring anyone any sense of entertainment

Just type in "stupid things i do at work episode"

Last edited:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Oh! Its not a shooting the breeze thing, but ive been making these vids about stupid things i do at work so my friends stop asking me why im always so tired during the week. Maybe you guys will enjoy them... At the very least itll bump up this awesome thread;)

Theres 4 of em on my youtube channel thingy. Im John Saunders on youtube, in case these bring anyone any sense of entertainment

Just type in "stupid things i do at work episode"

Well, since you are standing on a pallet, on a forklift with no apparent fall protection measures in place (guardrail, etc) I guess it would be meaningless to say where's your hard hat :). That's too funny. I have seen some crazy shizz just walking job sites - among the craziest (but not in a visual sorta way) on one of my schools was a guy (not a pipe fitter though) running a gasoline forklift thru a closed in building (like ready for floor closed in) for about an hour before the superintendent picked up on it and ripped him a new one. All the trades in the building got serious headaches and had to bail. Many couldn't even return the next day. Ruined the air in the bldg and could have done serious damage to the workers. Now I gotta check out your channel :) good one bro :)

Fishcakes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
nj
Well, since you are standing on a pallet, on a forklift with no apparent fall protection measures in place (guardrail, etc) I guess it would be meaningless to say where's your hard hat :). That's too funny. I have seen some crazy shizz just walking job sites - among the craziest (but not in a visual sorta way) on one of my schools was a guy (not a pipe fitter though) running a gasoline forklift thru a closed in building (like ready for floor closed in) for about an hour before the superintendent picked up on it and ripped him a new one. All the trades in the building got serious headaches and had to bail. Many couldn't even return the next day. Ruined the air in the bldg and could have done serious damage to the workers. Now I gotta check out your channel :) good one bro :)

Yeah, i get stuck doing stuff like this all the time. :DEvery time something similar comes up, everybody looks at me. Thats what i get for being the skinny guy(150lbs 5' 9" ish) everyone i work with is 200+ lbs

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
Yeah, i get stuck doing stuff like this all the time. :DEvery time something similar comes up, everybody looks at me. Thats what i get for being the skinny guy(150lbs 5' 9" ish) everyone i work with is 200+ lbs

You should change that before you end up as the skinny dead guy. :thumb:

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
I've been avoiding posting this one in this thread, but let's bump this thread back up. I know a couple people from this sub forum watched it before. I did it more of a request of Abby Vapes who had just subscribed to me and said I should do one.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
Thank you, it wasn't easy. When I posted way back then about a setup for him the eGrip got him started. It just wasn't durable enough for him. He went through 2, the one JC Okie sent and another one he bought. He loves the Atlantis/iStick combo he has a brand new set just in case because it's been so durable. Considering he has dropped it every single day :facepalm: haha.

Danrogers

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
Campbell River, BC, Canada
Just caught this thread for the first time, don't know how I missed it. It is nice to meet the people behind their avatars. Karen loved your vid, just tried the bottle filling idea and it worked great. I also enjoyed the music you were playing in the background, you rock!

Danny the video with your father touched me a lot, my son is responsible for me and my wife Gloria trying out vaping 20 months ago. I was never a heavy smoker but when I retired it seemed I was beginning to smoke more and more. Almost immediately I began to feel so much better so I can relate to your story.

Hope to see more of our Reonauts do vids as well, with stories, reviews and maintenance tips.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Great video Danny!! Loved the photo of you and your dad.....was that a dog kennel in the garage? Best wishes for your mom, hope she decides soon, but you're so right about them needing to be ready. My SIL told me about vaping, she had a disposable, that was horrible, but I figured it could work if there was a better way and I went on the search. I've been off cigs now for over 3 years, but she and my nephew are still smoking. They do try vaping once in awhile, but it doesn't last long, usually not even a day. But not giving up! So happy for you and your dad!

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
Just caught this thread for the first time, don't know how I missed it. It is nice to meet the people behind their avatars. Karen loved your vid, just tried the bottle filling idea and it worked great. I also enjoyed the music you were playing in the background, you rock!

Danny the video with your father touched me a lot, my son is responsible for me and my wife Gloria trying out vaping 20 months ago. I was never a heavy smoker but when I retired it seemed I was beginning to smoke more and more. Almost immediately I began to feel so much better so I can relate to your story.

Hope to see more of our Reonauts do vids as well, with stories, reviews and maintenance tips.

Thank you, I agree it is amazing to see the person behind the screen name. Russ is the first person I met from Reoville. Somehow we found each others channel. I love hearing people that can relate. I never expected the amount of response I got from that video. It took my dad a couple weeks to stop completely, I know he struggled the most in the mornings when he woke up.

Great video Danny!! Loved the photo of you and your dad.....was that a dog kennel in the garage? Best wishes for your mom, hope she decides soon, but you're so right about them needing to be ready. My SIL told me about vaping, she had a disposable, that was horrible, but I figured it could work if there was a better way and I went on the search. I've been off cigs now for over 3 years, but she and my nephew are still smoking. They do try vaping once in awhile, but it doesn't last long, usually not even a day. But not giving up! So happy for you and your dad!

Thank you and haha yes it is. We have fans and a radio in the garage. He would tear the house up if he slept inside (ask me how I know this :p I've tried). So I feel instead of sticking him in a crate at night, he'd enjoy that much more to sleep in. She's tried off and on, and I get her to try my setups occasionally. She just doesn't like it still. I can't get her to grasp the "use this like you smoke". She just ends up doing it for like half a second and coughs even with that iTaste setup I showed. I know we've got a couple of my dads friends to vape too, but they usually kept going back to cigarettes.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
She just ends up doing it for like half a second and coughs
It makes my nephew cough quite a bit too, not sure why. He smokes full flavor menthol. I've tried high vg, low vg, high nic, low nic. Recently mixed him some base with koolada but he won't try it yet. Tried unflavored, it all makes him cough really bad either right away or after a couple hits. Not sure what it is. Tried high watts, low watts, mtl, and lung hits, just dunno. Next time I can get him to try it, think I'll try going below 8 watts even and see if that works better for him. He likes the idea of it, but I'd give up too if I hacked up a lung each time I tried it. That's sweet y'all put that in there for the puppy!

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
It makes my nephew cough quite a bit too, not sure why. He smokes full flavor menthol. I've tried high vg, low vg, high nic, low nic. Recently mixed him some base with koolada but he won't try it yet. Tried unflavored, it all makes him cough really bad either right away or after a couple hits. Not sure what it is. Tried high watts, low watts, mtl, and lung hits, just dunno. Next time I can get him to try it, think I'll try going below 8 watts even and see if that works better for him. He likes the idea of it, but I'd give up too if I hacked up a lung each time I tried it. That's sweet y'all put that in there for the puppy!

I started with lung hits after that iTaste. I have a tank my mom might like, it's the Calix which is a good MTL tank, but I doubt she'd even try it. I'd probably quit too if I coughed a lot, but now I'm rocking 100w on another setup. That red one in the video with a sub ohm tank. My dad loves it, but he likes his Atlantis better haha. Sometimes I think my mom just coughs at the thought of it. I'm sure if she did it blindfolded she wouldn't cough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread