OVALE eVic !!! is this the future of vaping???

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
I highly doubt there is any backdoor usage code in this software. Wouldn't be hard to find out if it did and if so, block it. A bit paranoid are we? ;)

I'm more interested in being able to upgrade the firmware than using their software honestly. No more having to worry about revisions is awesome.

I get paid to be paranoid.Wife asked me the same question when I cut the tall bushes down in front of our house but police officers will tell you they make a good hiding place for someone attempting a break in.

JKVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Security would not be a concern for ME. As having the knowledge to protect your privacy is the same as.....well......protecting your privacy. This is unavoidable in everything you do in life now days. You have a cell phone? It takes minutes for someone gain legal access to track your cell and know where you are at anytime, this device is still much safer. I'm sure much more personal information has been shared here if your a registered member on ECF than this thing could provide.

Will definitely be keeping an eye on this device...... like the fact I could use it to track my day to day usage. joyetech has always been in the practical device area for vapers. Time will tell. Maybe the firmware could be upgraded through computer connection, so no more buying new device for the upgrade? As long as initial hardware is quality this could be very good.

Provari? Haven't yet got one. Want one...but haven't yet. Why, because we are getting farther into the game and as soon as I do get one, something better will come along, I hope. So i've been holding out. Many somethings need to come along because its competition that drives prices down and makes technology advance. This is why IMHO this is a step in the right direction.

Last edited:

Cid008

Verified Member
Dec 4, 2011
Montreal, Canada
And where did you come up with that number from? Just thought hmmm 3 amps sounds good? My lavatube goes up to 6v but only has a 2.5amp limit my provari goes up to 6v and has a 3.5 amp limit

No I assume it because normally we use w=v*a... But that's the theory, I don't make mods and I'm not in electronics so I can't say if there is other parameters to put in line :)

Last edited:

bk78

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Since the tube comes separate from the head there is no reason that they couldn't offer an 18350 version tube, as well.

It would take away from the monster battery capacity but offer a shorter version that some people would enjoy.

I would pick up a 18350/18650 tube for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread