OVALE eVic !!! is this the future of vaping???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theken

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2011
Gilbert, Arizona
Perhaps it is just me but I see this and think who cares? Just like buying a pair of shoes that will give you the temperature or a toaster oven that will sync with your PC to give you a toast/year consumption rate.. Who cares? Don't get me wrong, the more products the better. I would rather have more products built for durability and longevity than more useless options.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
Perhaps it is just me but I see this and think who cares? Just like buying a pair of shoes that will give you the temperature or a toaster oven that will sync with your PC to give you a toast/year consumption rate.. Who cares? Don't get me wrong, the more products the better. I would rather have more products built for durability and longevity than more useless options.

Why does it have to be either or? What if this device has both durability and longevity ... along with extended functionality. I think the ability to unscrew the electronics and screw it into another tube is pretty nice. I also like the fact that I can upgrade the firmware instantly and for FREE. I don't consider either of those features useless.

Seven and Seven

Verified Member
Oct 27, 2012
United States - Austin, TX
Yeah thats what I was thinking. Wouldn't be surprised if somebody started offering them on here or a vendor had some cut.

Would there be anything preventing the use of AW IMR that anybody knows of?

ooxol provided a German vendor's link with heir own stainless steel cut.

Joyetech EVIC stainless steel conversion kit
Joyetech eVic Edelstahl Umbausatz

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
ooxol provided a German vendor's link with heir own stainless steel cut.

Joyetech EVIC stainless steel conversion kit
Joyetech eVic Edelstahl Umbausatz

That's really interesting. I just imagined vaping where I could buy a topper from one place and a body from another for several different pvs - meaning I could choose the body designs from different styles. Wow - I would love that.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Interesting.

Anyone asking themselves "Why does it have a temp monitor?...why does/could it overheat to begin with?"...

I don't think I want to monitor my vaping that closely that I need a chart. I'd also like tech specs on amps and such. Software update is nice I guess. That's about the only reason I'd want to ever hook it to a computer. I like the battery monitor thing a lot. I suppose the use counter is interesting too...kinda like counting cigs (Heavy vape day, light day must be busy, etc...) Nice graphic display. Big with 18650's....but then again I'm not a fat-tube-mod fan (box mods or smaller e-cigs).

P.S.

I think the v1.2...v1.2.... reference is to SOFTWARE version.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
At the moment I think there are 2 assumptions that we have:

1) That it is VW. (A Twist and Vivi Nova will also produce 3.5 to 13 watts, but you cannot dial in the watts you want.)

2) Free firmware updates. (I see it has the ability to connect and update firmware, but not necessarily for free.)

I am sure there will be more info coming along about these.

If anyone finds solid statements about the VW or free firmware I would appreciate knowing where they find it.

myyrkezaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2012
Clayton, NC
This page, Properties section:

Joyetech Joye eVic starter Kits

eVic is a milestone, a turning point, and a new development
direction of vapor intelligent electronic cigarette battery.
a. You can operate eVic through rotating direction key and
clicking enter button.
b. You can adjust the output power from 2.0W to 15w and
the output voltage from 3.0V to 5.0V by yourself.
c. eVic can be easily charged with the dedicated USB cable,
and the USB cable can connect with wall adaptor or
computer.
d. Choose an atomizer which you like to assemble with eVic,
then it is ready for use.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
If anyone finds solid statements about the VW or free firmware I would appreciate knowing where they find it.

I don't know about free firmware but the manual for it says you can adjust the watts from 2-15w, and shows where to do it in the menu. It also says the volts will then be adjusted by the pv.
Joyetech Manual Download

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
At the moment I think there are 2 assumptions that we have:

1) That it is VW. (A Twist and Vivi Nova will also produce 3.5 to 13 watts, but you cannot dial in the watts you want.)

2) Free firmware updates. (I see it has the ability to connect and update firmware, but not necessarily for free.)

I am sure there will be more info coming along about these.

1) The manual specifically states it is VW. It will even tell you the recommended wattage based on current resistance.

2) The download page for firmware is already online and accessible to all. If they were planning to charge for firmware I highly doubt they would slap the firmware unto a website where everyone can access it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread