Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Warnings from the mod about the battery being low and such factor in the known safe low voltage values for the battery. They would be kind of pointless otherwise, getting a "your batteries are now broken" alert from the mod wouldn't make for a happy user.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Your batteries are probably fine since they probably only tripped your mod's low battery alert.

However, in case one does get accidentally taken below 2.5v, the Nitecore IntelliCharger has the capability of recovering a completely discharged Li-ion battery.

Check your manual on how to do this, as I think it may have changed with the new version of the I2.

conanthewarrior

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Essex, England.
I have always ran my batteries to the mods cut off, from my very first mod up to now.

As has been said, mods cut off before a battery reaches a point of damage. My lowest cutoff is on a DNA75, which is 2.75V soft cutoff in Escribe, then the Alien which I believe is 2.8V a cell, so 5.6V in series.

Most are a fair bit higher than this with at least 3V+ per cell. I still have batteries from over 2 years ago that work well.

Your batteries are fine to use :).

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
My Alien 220W does that if I let it go to cutoff. A couple of times lately my Xtar VC4 has shown the voltages to be at 3v when I'd pop them in to charge. It doesn't register anything less than 3V, so for all I know it could be taking them down lower since it takes a few minutes to come off the 3v reading.

Next time it happens I'll check the voltage with a meter just to see if they are hitting a lower voltage point when the Alien notifies me of low battery.

I just updated my Alien to V1.3.2, so it may be a "new feature". It never happened on V1.2.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread