The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Overwhelmed! Recommendations for a dependable Tank to vape 1.2ohms with rebuildable coils or decks

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by aliceisinwonderland, Jan 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. aliceisinwonderland

aliceisinwonderland Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2013
    Northern CA
    Hi Folks! I have read and researched and am overwhelmed at the choices for tanks out there. I like to vape around 1.2 ohms 100% VG, prefer taste over clouds and a cooler vape. I would like a dependable daily driver that I can have multiple decks or rebuildable atomizers for travel purposes. Working in tiny spaces (coils) is not an issue for me. I have been recommended the Kayfun, that is a beautiful tank but may be a bit pricey for me. I know this is subjective but would truly appreciate what you have to say! Thank you!

• Like Like x 2
  2. CagedSpam

CagedSpam Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 12, 2015
    FoPo, Oregon
    This one is on my watch list. Good thread and feedback here. It is a newer product so there might be some bugs that haven't shown up yet.

Digiflavor Siren GTA

• Like Like x 1
  3. aliceisinwonderland

Jun 26, 2013
    Northern CA
    Thanks CagedSpam, and really funny name!

4. Rickb119

Rickb119 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 20, 2013
    Greeley, CO, USA
    I like the STM. Clearomizers - Kangertech - Subtank - DesertVapes (They also sell the Top Tank Mini which allows for top filling.)

Easy to coil and wick, adjustable air flow (I toddle puff @ 1.8 ohms), replaceable RBA (cheaper at FT) and good flavor.

I do admit that other tanks that I've tried (Kayfun clone, nebula wine and can't remember the other one) did have a little better flavor. However, I much prefer the ease and convenience of the replaceable RBA.

Extra RBA's can still be found at Fasttech. The (original complete) tanks are no longer available. With an original base and RBA (highly suggested over the clone), bell cap and drip tip, you could make you own for less.

I have several of the original tanks and enough parts to make several more. Can you tell I like them? ;)

• Like Like x 2
  5. aliceisinwonderland

Jun 26, 2013
    Northern CA
    Thanks for that Rickb119! I have read of people channeling out and having wicking/burnt flavor trips with this tank. Do you think their builds are the culprit or what? Isolated issues? Not sure.

• Like Like x 1
  6. PaulBHC

PaulBHC Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2014
    Arizona
    I like the STMs as well. 1.2 coil heads work well with VG but I prefer the RBA at around 1.2. I DIY juice at 90VG/10DW

• Like Like x 2
  7. PaulBHC

Jan 22, 2014
    Arizona
    The RBA with the side placed round holes don't need channeled out like the original RBA with bottom deck slots.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Who_Dey_1991

Who_Dey_1991 Super Member Verified Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Ohio
    The Smok TFV8 Cloud Beast with the RBA deck is a very popular tank

I'm a man, and I can change, if I have to, I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rickb119

Rickb119 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 20, 2013
    Greeley, CO, USA
    I've never had any problems with wicking (rayon). I vape 70VG/30PG (more or less).

• Like Like x 1
  10. aliceisinwonderland

Jun 26, 2013
    Northern CA
    Hey PaulBHC, do you have a pic you could post to clarify? Thanks also for your posts!

11. aliceisinwonderland

Jun 26, 2013
    Northern CA
    Thank you Who_Dey_1991 !

12. aliceisinwonderland

Jun 26, 2013
    Northern CA
    I was just looking at the Joyetech Ultimo. It has rba decks, hmm.

13. David Wolf

David Wolf Moved On ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    You can pick up a Kayfun clone like I did for cheap, I have the SXK Kayfun 5 Mini, very well made, top fill, easy to coil, great flavor. My Kanger Subtank Mini sits on the shelf after that purchase :)

14. PaulBHC

Jan 22, 2014
    Arizona
    • Like Like x 1
  15. aliceisinwonderland

Jun 26, 2013
    Northern CA
    Thanks David Wolf! Did you get your clone from Fasttech or?

• Like Like x 1
  16. David Wolf

David Wolf Moved On ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I got it from fasttech. You can get Kayfun clones domestically though as well, just google. The V5 has an airier draw (adjustable) than the V2 and V3 so if you like a tighter draw for mouth to lung look at the V3, I believe it's 4ml, my SXK KF V5 mini is 2ml. There are other good brand clones besides the SXK out there :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Foggy Road

Foggy Road Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    Well, you did mention rebuildable coils in your OP. So I'm gonna plug my favorite tank. The eGo one series of tanks. Sizes from 1.8ml to 4ml. Variety of colors. Couple different styles. Has good variety of coil heads available including a rewickable, rebuildable coil head w/juice flow control called the CLR. The CLR comes in 2 versions .5ohm DTL and 1ohm MTL but the only real difference is airflow. I use the .5 for the open airflow but build it to 1.4. You can see my 2 eGo ONE Mega (4ml) in my avatar.

The tanks and coils have a great group of fans here if you need more info or have questions we'll be happy to help.

eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil

• Like Like x 1
  18. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Hi Alice.

For the style of Vaping you do, I think the Kanger SubTank/TopTank would be a Great Choice.

The RBA Section is Easy to Build on.
    A Good Balance of Flavor and Vapor.
    Spare Parts like Glass, Bases, Seals, etc are Very Easy to Find
    And there are Tons of 3rd Party Parts/Accessories Available.

One thing I would Note about the RBA Section is there are/have been a Few Variations since the Initial Release.

The Original RBA (very Hard to find anymore) had e-Liquid inlet slots in the Deck. These Slots were Small. And most people running High VG e-Liquids needed to Enlarge these Slots to help with Wicking.

Then can RBA Sections that had e-Liquid Inlet Holes in the Side of the RBA Barrel. And some had Larger Holes (came with the SubTank?). Some had Small Holes (comes with the TopTank?).

Example.

[​IMG]

I like the ones with the Larger Holes Myself. But some prefer the ones with the Smaller Holes.

• Like Like x 1
  19. PaulBHC

Jan 22, 2014
    Arizona
    I think the top tank ones are the small hole and were devised to reduce flooding since you lose vacuum when top filling and the coil is still submerged.

• Like Like x 2
  20. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    That's kinda how I understand it.

I have Run both the Small Hole and the Large Hole versions. I prefer the Large hole version using "Snake in a Hole" wicking. But have had Good results with the Small hole version using Pancake wicking.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.