Status
Not open for further replies.

SKYYcamel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2009
Mississippi
I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on a P3 or Radius, but I can't decide which I want. I'm a tootie puffer (nautilus and Triton Minis with 1.8 coils), so I don't care about sub ohming. I like both tube and box style mods. I'm just not sure of the pros and cons of each. Can someone chime in and help me out? Thanks!

Reactions: AstroTurf

Jim-

GCS E (1) + V (1) + M (1) = 3
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Los Angeles County, Ca. USA
I currently have both and use them daily. And I can honestly say both are excellent devices. Having said that, if I were forced to choose one over the other it would be the Radius hands down. The ergonomics, ability to upgrade firmware without shipping it off or going on a sojourn to who knows where, and the ability to charge the battery via micro USB makes it a no brainer for me. Just my humble opinion of course.

scotdc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2015
Vegas, Baby
I think I'm the other side of the fence on this one. I do own both but I find myself gravitating to the P3 on a regular basis. This is not so much an issue of the P3 is better than the Radius, it is just that I'm finding the P3 more comfortable to hold.

I think that box mods are bulky and cumbersome in general and I use them as more of a "desk friendly" device - if I'm working in the office or sitting at my desk I use the Radius, it's extremely comfortable to hold when compared to most other box mods and like any Provape, the firing button is silky smooth.

But when I'm on the move, the P3 in 18350 mode can't be beat for portability and "stealth." I also enjoy having it with me when I'm lounging in the home theater seats as well - tube mods and cup holders go together like popcorn and butter! I personally don't find any difference in vaping between the two mods, you know you're using some of the best quality devices money can buy.

That's what it all boils down to for me. Which type of mod do you find more comfortable? Tube or box? Sure, it's easy to charge the Radius via USB, but it's just as easy to swap batteries for one sitting in your charger. Upgradable? Well, in all reality the Provaris will work just fine even if you decide not to update as most upgrades I've seen so far have been minor fixes so waiting until you're in the vicinity of an upgrade place is not the end of the world.

Of course, you can be like so many of us here on these forums - get your favorite now, and six months down the road add to your collection!

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
If you are a person who likes charts, here:http://www.provape.com/v/pdf/comparisonchart.pdf is a breakdown comparison of the feature sets of the Classic, P3 and Radius. The Classic may be worth a look if you are sure you won't need more than 15 watts, and you can buy an extra extension ring if you desire to use it in 18650 mode.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I own 2 P3's and a Radius. There is no way on earth or in any other dimension that I would chose a P3 over a Radius.

Unless you are allergic to box mods and have to have a tube, run don't walk towards the Radius. If you are indeed allergic or prejudiced against box mods, go with a Procyon.

The Classic is a MUCH better value than the P3 if you only need to vape under 15W and the chip is much better IMO (same idea as the Radius and Procyon). The P3 chip is the worst of all of the ProVape devices IMO and IME.

My P3's are fine devices for my 13W vaping, but that's about all of the positive things I can say over the Radius or the Classic. Still a good device, but not worth the extra $$$ over the Classic and not nearly as good as the Radius.

Just my $0.02 of course...

Peter_C

Who?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
Akron, Ohio
www.facebook.com
I too own both of these fine units. The P3 is a ROCK. But the Radius is my daily use device pure and simple. I drop it less, as it is easier for me to hold onto. It is 'warmer' in my hands (I have bad hands, on blood thinners, they go numb, all sorts of issues with them), the fire button is slightly bigger and easier to press. The *only* downside to the Radius in my book, is I can feel a tiny bit of flex in the body if I squeeze it, whereas there is *none* in the P3.

I use the P3 less than 10% of the time now that I have my Radius. I can get two full days out of a charge (when I forget to plug it in when I go to bed at night) as a toddle-puffer @ 9 watts - still using the original battery as well.

Last point, either choice will be a great one, you are choosing between two great devices~!

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I agree with all the above, LOL. I also have both. (Got a good deal on the GMZ blem P3.) I'm not doubting BreSha's comment about the chips, but I just don't know enough about them.
Ultimately, you need to handle them, which is easier said than done since there aren't that many retailers out there. If there's a vape shop near you try another comparably sized box mod, but then keep in mind that the ergonomics of the Radius might very well be better, with its nicely rounded edges etc. It handles very nicely. I guess I'd say I like the feel of the Radius, the shortness of it. But the GMZ is awfully nice.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I too own both of these fine units. The P3 is a ROCK. But the Radius is my daily use device pure and simple. I drop it less, as it is easier for me to hold onto. It is 'warmer' in my hands (I have bad hands, on blood thinners, they go numb, all sorts of issues with them), the fire button is slightly bigger and easier to press. The *only* downside to the Radius in my book, is I can feel a tiny bit of flex in the body if I squeeze it, whereas there is *none* in the P3.

I use the P3 less than 10% of the time now that I have my Radius. I can get two full days out of a charge (when I forget to plug it in when I go to bed at night) as a toddle-puffer @ 9 watts - still using the original battery as well.

Last point, either choice will be a great one, you are choosing between two great devices~!
Well, if you feel flex in the Radius body, you do not have bad hands.;)

siani_8

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2013
Bristol, PA
I had the same question a few weeks ago and a forum member pointed me to a site that has new P3's for a $100 (still available) so I bought that and the Radius from Provape. No regrets! I love them both but I use the Radius more like a fine bottle of wine topped with titanium Kabuki and some Founder's Reserve from JC for a real treat at night :)

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I had the same question a few weeks ago and a forum member pointed me to a site that has new P3's for a $100 (still available) so I bought that and the Radius from Provape. No regrets! I love them both but I use the Radius more like a fine bottle of wine topped with titanium Kabuki and some Founder's Reserve from JC for a real treat at night :)
Same here. My 2 P3's were stupid cheap and I couldn't resist.

Great devices, but not worth the money vs. 2.5, Classic, Procyon and Radius IMO.

I guess what I am trying to say is that the P3 is the worst VALUE of any ProVape device. Not a negative in any way, just not worth the same (or similar) $$$ as the Radius or Procyon IMO.:)

P.s. I have a P3 in my pocket as I type.;)

SKYYcamel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2009
Mississippi
What site is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread