P4U/Green Leaf IPV2 50W - Product Spec, Performance, Usage & Issues Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2009
UK
I'm not due to get mine til later this week but have been reading RBA screws fit which makes them M1.6 x 3 .

I'll check if they fit when I get mine.

Hello everybody,

I have a little question to all you IPV V2-owners:

Can anybody tell me the specs of the backdoor screws, please?

In my purchase the little bag with screws and screwdriver was missing, and I´´d like to buy some extra screws now, to have some if a screw will get lost.

Hope that anybody could help me, please?

Thanks and have a nice sunday!

Greets from germany,
blowy666

frazz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
Rhode Island
Hello all,
So what batteries are you guys using. I have an issue with mine that might be battery related. If I put the unit down a bit too hard on the end, I think the battery becomes Disconnected for a split second. This causes my unit to reset and come up at 15 watts. Anyone else see this?

Thanks,
Frazz

Doc Drake

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2014
Gulf Coast
Hello all,
So what batteries are you guys using. I have an issue with mine that might be battery related. If I put the unit down a bit too hard on the end, I think the battery becomes Disconnected for a split second. This causes my unit to reset and come up at 15 watts. Anyone else see this?

Thanks,
Frazz

I've been mostly using sony vtc 4/5's and the fake sony batteries I have as well.

Side Note: I've been enjoying the plume veil and tugboat on this device and they look pretty sweet. I like the look of that Origen though. Extra points for oh face ;)

frazz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
Rhode Island
I've been mostly using sony vtc 4/5's and the fake sony batteries I have as well.

Side Note: I've been enjoying the plume veil and tugboat on this device and they look pretty sweet. I like the look of that Origen though. Extra points for oh face ;)

Yep, using a vtc5 in it. Maybe I got a bum device. I figure the spring is collapsing a bit when I bump it.... not s show stopper, but sucks a little.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer

No complain after waiting one week transit from elev8..

Did anyone notice ipv output voltage is lower compare to hana clonzz?
I don't have a CNA device, but all voltage outputs are spot on, confirmed with 2 different meters.. keep forgetting to grab scope when I'm around it to confirm DC-DC..

I have read a few posts that state the sx330 regulates better than the CNA30.. that goes either way. It could be putting out more voltage than it should, but that's a horrible quality in a regulator circuit.

Doc Drake

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2014
Gulf Coast
I use the vtc4 on my IPV2.
If you use the Plume veil have you tried the Infinite CLT yet?
It is high on my wish list.

I haven't tried the CLT yet, but have heard decent things about it.

Since you are using the vtc 4 batts, how much run time are you getting out of it and at what wattage? I'm trying to compare those and vtc 5's right now. Though vtc 5s are a higher mAh I'm not noticing much difference in run time b/t the two at the same wattage. Makes me curious.

Little note for all IPV V2 users. A friend of mine has tightened an RDA down trying to get it to sit flush and actually broke the center pin. He thought he just stripped it out but at further investigation its not stripped the whole brass piece in which the screw goes into is just spinning when the screw is all the way down. It is a concern of mine as well when I saw how this is constructed. I'm trying to be gentle with tightening down rba's but it kinda sucks that its built like that. If you look when the screw is out of the 510 connector there is just a piece of plastic or delrin separating the brass female screw threading from the edge of the 510. So I would imagine that the positive wire is attached to that brass female screw end and when he was over tightening it broke loose. Like I said he admits he probably over tightened it but still that is not very good construction.

Budkiss

Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Alabama
I haven't tried the CLT yet, but have heard decent things about it.

Since you are using the vtc 4 batts, how much run time are you getting out of it and at what wattage? I'm trying to compare those and vtc 5's right now. Though vtc 5s are a higher mAh I'm not noticing much difference in run time b/t the two at the same wattage. Makes me curious.

Hey Doc. Hard to say because i have done a battery swap a few times and a usb charge or two. I can start fresh tomorrow and see what kind of numbers i get with one tank and the same battery and then report back. stat tuned.
I would say (guessing) I get a couple days but i chain vape and i am using a 1ohm coil at 16w

snipeslayer

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2014
United States
I use the vtc4 on my IPV2.
If you use the Plume veil have you tried the Infinite CLT yet?
It is high on my wish list.

....my wallet hates you....but I like your style. Completely missed the CLT, googled it - ordering tomorrow. :evil:

Sorry for distracting from main objective of thread. I am enjoying reading this one so far, still trying to pull the trigger on the IPV 50, looking for the best deal around (without waiting a month for it). Keep the information coming everyone, it is very informative to those of us on the fence still! :)

STEAM_P0WERED

Verified Member
Apr 30, 2014
Califronia, USA
Little note for all IPV V2 users. A friend of mine has tightened an RDA down trying to get it to sit flush and actually broke the center pin. He thought he just stripped it out but at further investigation its not stripped the whole brass piece in which the screw goes into is just spinning when the screw is all the way down. It is a concern of mine as well when I saw how this is constructed. I'm trying to be gentle with tightening down rba's but it kinda sucks that its built like that. If you look when the screw is out of the 510 connector there is just a piece of plastic or delrin separating the brass female screw threading from the edge of the 510. So I would imagine that the positive wire is attached to that brass female screw end and when he was over tightening it broke loose. Like I said he admits he probably over tightened it but still that is not very good construction.

Yep, that's a concern for me as well. I do believe the positive wire is attached to the 510's adjustment screw.

cynik

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2014
Known Earth
Yep, that's a concern for me as well. I do believe the positive wire is attached to the 510's adjustment screw.
You'd think by now, releasing mod after mod, that these manufacturers would have common 510 issues sorted out. One gripe I have about Chinese manufacturers is that they spend too much time on gimmicks and (rather janky) logos, and overlook the essential parts that actually make the mod work.

Is the 510 easily replaceable?

Budkiss

Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Alabama
....my wallet hates you....but I like your style. Completely missed the CLT, googled it - ordering tomorrow. :evil:

Sorry for distracting from main objective of thread. I am enjoying reading this one so far, still trying to pull the trigger on the IPV 50, looking for the best deal around (without waiting a month for it). Keep the information coming everyone, it is very informative to those of us on the fence still! :)

THANKS... my wife thinks I have NO style.
I have a list of tanks and RDA I want. The Infinite CLT is on the top of the list

Keirster

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2013
Brandon, Fl
O.K., I am trying to decide between the IPV2 50 watt and the Cloupor T5, which is 50 watts but can be firmware updated to 70 or 100 watts in the future. I dont want to buy it and then have it turn out to be a piece of junk. seems the main issue here is the IPV 510 connection and the back door. I can't seem to decide, except I already have an MVP2 and am very use to box mods.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
The 510 connection is fine... I've torqued the hell out of mine, while fully extended.

Honestly, both are a stupid idea. A single battery for vaping above 30watts sucks. Edit- mine typically has its cover off at all times.

If the t5 has an easy battery removal, get it. Otherwise, I would wait on the ipv3 or sigilei.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread