P4U/Green Leaf IPV2 50W - Product Spec, Performance, Usage & Issues Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharliesTheMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Louisiana
I think i'm gonna pull the trigger on this device.

Is this like how the Cana was with modifications done to each batch? I think there might have been 3-4 different revisions.

Just wondering if I should wait or go ahead.

In my opinion it's NOTHING like the Cana, although a lot of people seem to be after similar drama and I just don't understand it really. Some of the posts make the community as a whole look so ignorant and immature. I'm not partial to the device, I have been following things kind of closely though as I have some interest in mod development and want to learn all I can.

From my best guesstimation, the problems we've seen seemed to be from a small number of mods that were received very early on by a couple of vendors, and it was quickly caught and the units were replaced except for what the effected vendor had shipped already. The companies that I know of (my vendor was one of them) had the units in question replaced quickly and have sold several shipments since then.

In summary: I think it's pretty safe to pull the trigger. It was a very small batch of mods that got shipped out before QC inspected them, and of that small percentage I would guess only a small percentage of those had the problems that would have caused them to fail QC inspection.

If it helps any, if I had the money I'd order a second right now. I would use a reputable vendor that's known for customer service and handling warranties well, but even if every unit was perfect I'd suggest that.

Also, there were some users posting upon release for things like "my touch sensor is broken" in several different threads. It wasn't with malicious intention, they were just frustrated. It turned out to be things like not knowing how to turn on the touch sensor and assuming it was broken, but when someone told them, they didn't go around updating all those negative posts about P4Y. I'm not saying that there aren't problems, I KNOW there were with a few units, just that at least some of the problems reported the first few days turned out to be from us users not having the same knowledge we do now about all the lil features and quirks.

I bought mine with gambling money, (wouldn't have if I couldn't afford to lose it, since there weren't even threads on the forums about it) and I really wanted to have a reason to justify my $300 mod on its way or buying a hex ohm mod,

Last edited:

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
I think i'm gonna pull the trigger on this device.

Is this like how the Cana was with modifications done to each batch? I think there might have been 3-4 different revisions.

Just wondering if I should wait or go ahead.

What?

There was one vendor that seemed to get beta versions...non-quality tested IPV's...and another vendor had a recall, because one of the staff had one do something crazy...so they called them all back.

There isn't a revised IPV...the IPV1-35 Watts...supposidly they didn't produce them I don't know....the IPV2 50watts. These both use the sx330 chip..IPV2 being the sx330 version2. The IPV3 is said to not even use the sx330, and it will be in a slightly different sized box also.

The only reason to wait, is to wait for the IPV3...dual batteries with same performance as IPV2...with twice the range, and will be upgraded to 150 Watts.

The only reason I want an IPV3...dual batteries. The usb charger charges a vtc5 really, really fast...surprisingly fast, fast.

Doc Drake

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2014
Gulf Coast
I'm most curious about whats coming around the 30th. I wonder how the sigelei and ipv 3 will compare. Basic questions such as: does the sigelei have that radix fire button? Can the sigelei be updated? What's gonna be the price difference between the two? And I'm sure there are many other questions I have but these stick out as I'm writing this post. I know you can still get the sigelei 100 watt on eBay for $100 or less. If the ipv 3 comes out swinging at 140-150 dollars that might be something to take into consideration as well.

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
PBusardo just put his review up. He had some significant issues with it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM6QoxwPs3M

some significant issues? his review showed it to be the worst mod i have ever seen him review. depending on your opinion of phil(i think he is wordy but accurate) i would steer clear of this device until they figure out what is wrong and correct it. the touch sensor looks to be a disaster waiting to happen. yeah, i would wait and by then something newer and better will be out so i can skip this one completely....more money saved to apply to a quality device...

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
I sent Denny at P4Y an e-mail this morning, asking when the IPV3 would be released. I have not gotten a response back yet, but if/when I do, I will share it.
I know your intentions are good, but can you keep it out of this thread? We started this thread for addressing the actual mod, because the original went side ways.. and it will probably continue to do so. Surprised it isn't closed yet.

some significant issues? his review showed it to be the worst mod i have ever seen him review. depending on your opinion of phil(i think he is wordy but accurate) i would steer clear of this device until they figure out what is wrong and correct it. the touch sensor looks to be a disaster waiting to happen. yeah, i would wait and by then something newer and better will be out so i can skip this one completely....more money saved to apply to a quality device...

While it's not the best thing since sliced bread, it does what it's suppose to. I've been abusing mine for the sake of the community, and I can't make it screw up.

But I am about to go watch his review..I hate to, cuz I seriously hate video reviews....0 issues, outside of what I put in my half-assed review/post #2.

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
I know your intentions are good, but can you keep it out of this thread? We started this thread for addressing the actual mod, because the original went side ways.. and it will probably continue to do so. Surprised it isn't closed yet.

While it's not the best thing since sliced bread, it does what it's suppose to. I've been abusing mine for the sake of the community, and I can't make it screw up.

But I am about to go watch his review..I hate to, cuz I seriously hate video reviews....0 issues, outside of what I put in my half-assed review/post #2.

well i am glad you are having zero issues, but the touch sensor issue in his video is not insignificant and needs to be addressed rather quickly. any moisture or sweat, etc. causing it to fire is a major design flaw and just saying to turn it off is not the right solution. the other problems phil had may have been with just his device but at the very least it shows a hiccup in quality control IMHO....the measurements are important because most users have no way to test the accuracy of the device- it does show that it isn't doing what it it's supposed to do.... again, i'm glad you like it and it is working for you but it tells me it isn't ready for prime -time just yet....

Last edited:

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
well i am glad you are having zero issues, but the touch sensor issue in his video is not insignificant and needs to be addressed rather quickly. any moisture or sweat, etc. causing it to fire is a major design flaw and just saying to turn it off is not the right solution. the other problems phil had may have been with just his device but at the very least it shows a hiccup in quality control IMHO....the measurements are important because most users have no way to test the accuracy of the device- it does show that it isn't doing what it it's supposed to do.... again, i'm glad you like it and it is working for you but it tells me it isn't ready for prime -time just yet....
Hmmmm.... I've checked it with a 99b, 1587, and 87...spot on.

I will say, the first day I had it, my ohmmreader was off... but later on, my meters were reading what the ipv was... which was higher than what my meters read the day before.

I'll finish the review, and we'll dive into this when I get home.

Edit... I was also using tobh's with mine. Aka, leaked a ton... I live in a valley in Alabama, and I've also messed around with wetting my fingers with water, juice, and sweat, no issues....I had two occasions where e- liquid caused it to continue firing after releasing, but I just touched it, and it disengaged.. left the residue on.. and it didn't fire. I'm trying to figure out how to make it auto-fire.. haven't been able to.

Editedit-hey... apparently people did what they're suppose to.. don't have to go back in... but I'm going to go grab my scope.

Last edited:

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
Might as well post this in this thread as well:

Voluntary Recall - IPV V2 by Pioneer For You (Greenleaf)

*EDIT* See below for details of the incident

To Whom It May Concern:

JJVapes is voluntarily recalling all IPV V2 mods sold to our customers due to a malfunction found to overheat an internal electrical component, causing smoke to be released through the bottom “vent holes” of the unit. On August 4th, 2014 a JJVapes team member experienced this issue while using their personal unit, only a couple of weeks after the product’s release. We would like to be clear, this is NOT a recall issued by the manufacturer. The manufacturer has been notified, and we are awaiting a response.

Though this may have been a fluke event, we are asking any and all customers who purchased this device from JJVapes to please return it for a full refund, while more testing is conducted on the IPV V2. If you currently own an IPV V2 that was not purchased from JJVapes, we ask that you please use caution and care, as with any vaping device.

Thanks,

The JJVapes Team

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
^*sigh of relief*

I thought I became a fanboi.lol

My box number is L0297. I've seen a lot of people say they have that same number inside on the box...no hot glue in sight...there was a little bit of plastic on the positive contact for battery..but it wasn't stuck on it..

The gap on phil's battery cover is crazy...mine is a seam. My original post clearly shows the little lip of the cover being a tad too long.

But yeah..17minutes in..dude needs ADD meds if he's going to keep doing this stuff.

No issues with screws... except that they're small and a pita..but they catch easily, and I've never felt like I was about to cross thread them..looks like Phil torqued the hell out that one screw.lol If it doesn't thread easily, don't force it..but his unit looks ef'd up...so I'm sure he didn't do that all on his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread