• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Pagan/Wiccan Revival 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Any thoughts on finding a drop of blood in a mason jar in the woods? I left it, recognizing what it was.
My first thought is that is a witches protection bottle...

What did you think it was?
And Welcome to the pagan thread...Blessed be....

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Spell A Day

Good Friday
Spell Date: Friday, April 14, 2017
Color of the day: Coral
Incense of the day: Orchid
For people of a faith other than Christian, Good Friday is nothing more than a day off of work and school. Others enjoy a quiet day of reflection into their private beliefs.

What fascinates me most is how the Christian celebration of Easter, and therefore Good Friday, was established by the cycle of the moon. In 325 CE, the First Council of Nicaea established that Easter would be held on the first Sunday after the first full moon occurring on or after the vernal equinox, our Ostara. The Pagan influence has never been completely erased from Christianity and other religions. You may choose to meditate on this and the power of ancient earth-based belief systems. Light silver and gold candles to honor the female and male energies. Say:

"Lord and Lady, on this day,
Bless my efforts whatever they be.
Watch over me in work or play.
In turn I give fidelity."

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Spell A Day

Laying Eggs
Spell Date: Saturday, March 20, 2010
Color of the day: Gray
Incense of the day: Sage
Ostara - Spring Equinox -
International Astrology Day

Bless and pray over one dozen eggs. Fill them with the energy of your dreams and desires. When they are fully charged, hard boil and decorate them to express the things you most want to manifest in your life. Gather cozy pillows and blankets to create a nest for your eggs that will evenly distribute their weight and prevent them from getting squished. As you begin this meditation, position yourself over your nest as a devoted mother would and do not break from meditation until you feel your eggs radiating warmth and life beneath you. Draw energy out of your own heart and place a little spark of it inside of each egg. While you tend to your nest, envision each of your desires coming to fruition and focus clearly on the details of their fruition. When each of them is fully realized in your mind’s eye, gather your eggs and store in the icebox; eat one egg a day until they are gone.
Estha McNevin

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have done this one.....this is the same idea for every full moon...just change it to the month/season....
Spell A Day

New Moon, Ostara Spell
Spell Date: Friday, March 20, 2015
Color of the day: White
Incense of the day: Vanilla
A New Moon and Ostara mean new beginnings are at hand. The possibilities of what we can do now are endless. Let this spell for Ostara inspire you to achieve all of your goals.
You’ll need two hard-boiled eggs, one dyed green and one dyed yellow. The green egg represents the awakening earth, and the yellow one symbolizes the sun. You’ll also need a pale green altar cloth and some fresh grass clippings.
Begin this ritual in the early morning. Instead of candles, let the morning light be your only illumination. Cover your altar with the green cloth, then sprinkle the grass over it. In the center, place the eggs. Hold the eggs as you say:

"I let go of the past and all negativity.
I face the future filled with inspiration
and creativity."

Later, use the eggs as an ingredient in a salad. As you eat, feel your spirit being renewed.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
@liblue1 what colored wizard am I, or how do I find out?
Honestly I am not sure.....I don't know about the wizard world.......I am a witch..a practitioner of witchcraft(Wicca).......Wizards and warlocks have nothing to do with what I do.....Totally made up....so I suppose you can be what ever color you want to be...
Wizard - Wikipedia
Warlock (Dungeons & Dragons) - Wikipedia
Magician (fantasy) - Wikipedia
Witchcraft - Wikipedia

And as for the color of witch...well that is also made up...
but I do prefer to call myself a green witch...because I practice in the green...(trees, grass, most herbs)...
I suppose I kind of agree with the white witch....as in the fact they will not practice on anyone without their permission.....
Do some research for yourself......there is so much information out there..but who can really say what you believe but you......Wicca is the only thing that is really accepted as a religion....so if that's all they will give...for now I will take it....

KatzWh1skers

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2015
Any thoughts on finding a drop of blood in a mason jar in the woods? I left it, recognizing what it was.
hello @halbgott ....
that is very interesting...
even if I knew nothing....I would be inclined...by instinct alone...to leave it alone also..no skull on a stick needed

Last edited:

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
You are mistaken....it is more about what you practice with....I prefer to use herbs....that is a green witch or kitchen witch.....it had nothing to do with your personality.....it's how you use it....but they aren't always classified..it is not necessary......it's the path you choose...maybe who you follow...like this....
Georgian Wicca - Wikipedia

Reactions: tiggerrts

KatzWh1skers

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2015
Either a curse, love spell or something else. I don't practice but I used to dabble and the woods where I found it seemed special. A week after I found stones placed purposely to true north. Funny thing is is that it's a park. The area has an old history with pre-contact tribes also.
..old history with pre-contact tribes would certainly be an attractive area for a practitioner to adopt....if its got the right ambience..so to speak..and the practitioner felt they would have some adequate solitude in which to operate...it sounds like they have "laid claim" in a manner ...to that area....visible markers...I would tread lightly...and personally...avoid
In the here and now...this spot has become their "church"
...just my :2c:
I tend to heed what the hairs on my arms and goosebumps tell me...

Last edited:

KatzWh1skers

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2015
as a footnote...such a visible presence may serve as a kind of sign...or message ..to the like minded...it's curious....could it be an invitation?....that depends on if you speak this language...and the "tone" of any markers that follow...the directional stones sound neutral enough ...but the blood in a jar....that is much more specific

Reactions: halbgott

halbgott

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2012
as a footnote...such a visible presence may serve as a kind of sign...or message ..to the like minded...it's curious....could it be an invitation?....that depends on if you speak this language...and the "tone" of any markers that follow...the directional stones sound neutral enough ...but the blood in a jar....that is much more specific
I'm too cynical to commit to a system but am aware of how life seems to always follow the same trails. Whether it's because of something unseen or its just a path of least resistance is up for questioning. The area is all old growth hardwood and it's loaded in fall with mushrooms that are rare. I found a lions mane last season.
But yeah, I was like oh .... when I saw the jar. Nothing disturbed, I just leave a small stone to the side if I walk by the area.

Last edited:
Reactions: KatzWh1skers

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
You are mistaken....it is more about what you practice with....I prefer to use herbs....that is a green witch or kitchen witch.....it had nothing to do with your personality.....it's how you use it....but they aren't always classified..it is not necessary......it's the path you choose...maybe who you follow...like this....
Georgian Wicca - Wikipedia
yep mistaken..... there is no color code after reading that; though you made me wonder.... so just a witch.

KatzWh1skers

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2015
I'm too cynical to commit to a system but am aware of how life seems to always follow the same trails. Whether it's because of something unseen or its just a path of least resistance is up for questioning. The area is all old growth hardwood and it's loaded in fall with mushrooms that are rare. I found a lions mane last season.
But yeah, I was like oh .... when I saw the jar. Nothing disturbed, I just leave a small stone to the side if I walk by the area.
*chuckle*
yes...we do seem to leave "breadcrumbs" wherever we go!...even when we try not to...even more so in this electronic world of fiber and digital footprints.....as a child I would sometimes go to the woods behind our house and carve made up symbols ...and sometimes a word or two ..into the bark of the tree...poor tree!!...it was a way of expressing my most private and often painful feelings...and also a way of holding it up to the universe....I am.

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
*chuckle*
yes...we do seem to leave "breadcrumbs" wherever we go!...even when we try not to...even more so in this electronic world of fiber and digital footprints.....as a child I would sometimes go to the woods behind our house and carve made up symbols ...and sometimes a word or two ..into the bark of the tree...poor tree!!...it was a way of expressing my most private and often painful feelings...and also a way of holding it up to the universe....I am.
Nice proverb Katz.......

Reactions: KatzWh1skers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread