Panasonic CGR 18650 Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wish

Jan 17, 2013
Philippines
I think the first problem you have is it has an Efest sticker on it and the second is it is showing 3100mAh..... If memory serves me correctly, the highest mAh rating for an Efest IMR 18650 is 2000mAh....

Here is the explanation, (I think), for what you received..... Efestbattery

Explains a lot and that sticker is exactly what I have on mine. I'll save the sticker for now until the dealer can find the other batteries so I can purchase them. I'll also be trading them in for nipple top bats as well because I was told, flat top bats aren't compatible with other mods such as provaris.

ch is the newer high drain 10 amp model hybrid

Solves my problem then. I bought an IMR even thought the dealer told me it was Li-ion. One more question regarding the CGR18650CH. Are there nipple top ones for this exact model? Or are they all flat tops?

Thanks for all your help guys. Guess the sticker was just for easier shipping purposes.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
The most significant reason for using IMR is its ability to take high drain loads and the resultant heat without going into thermal runaway. One test I read indicated that a 10A IMR was able to take a short term 10A drain load and achieve an internal temp around 500 degrees without self destructing. It cooled down and worked again. You won't see Li-ion batts doing that but once, followed by thermal spew and self destruction. Protected batteries are good, but activating the protection results in a dead cell (open circuit when the protection activates).

Wish

Jan 17, 2013
Philippines
The most significant reason for using IMR is its ability to take high drain loads and the resultant heat without going into thermal runaway. One test I read indicated that a 10A IMR was able to take a short term 10A drain load and achieve an internal temp around 500 degrees without self destructing. It cooled down and worked again. You won't see Li-ion batts doing that but once, followed by thermal spew and self destruction. Protected batteries are good, but activating the protection results in a dead cell (open circuit when the protection activates).

So what you're saying is that IMR bats are recommended for our PVs. Then I got lucky I picked a good IMR hybrid.

Also, the vendor contacted me and said the info on this page is different from the supplier that sends him the Panasonic batteries. He says that I bought authentic 3,100mAh bats but I wonder why they are labeled CGR18650CH and an Efest sticker that says 3,100mAh.

juggernautxtr

Feb 4, 2013
AZ
i am putting this here as it is specific to this battery.
not sure if it is a typical thing for these type of batteries, but I bought a vamo a couple weeks ago with some panasonic cgr 18650's 2250 mah, i have been watching the voltage of these and they seem to drop from full charge pretty quickly from (4.1-4.2) volts to 3.6-3.7 volts(according to the vamo and my volt meter and just hovering there till almost the end of the day before it starts losing anymore charge.
is it normal for these batteries I am not familiar with this style batteries and do not know all the aspects.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
juggernautxtr:8948888 said:
i am putting this here as it is specific to this battery.
not sure if it is a typical thing for these type of batteries, but I bought a vamo a couple weeks ago with some panasonic cgr 18650's 2250 mah, i have been watching the voltage of these and they seem to drop from full charge pretty quickly from (4.1-4.2) volts to 3.6-3.7 volts(according to the vamo and my volt meter and just hovering there till almost the end of the day before it starts losing anymore charge.
is it normal for these batteries I am not familiar with this style batteries and do not know all the aspects.

Seems rather normal with medium-heavy use. How many drags would you estimate you are getting? Yes friends, puff counters can be useful.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Please supply where you got this information.... I have found multiple sources that are 10amp and one that says 15amp....

MNKE 18650 are 20amp from the sources I have seen. Are you sure your not talking about AW? Why would people make such a big deal about MNKE batteries if they where only 10amp max continuous output....same as the AW.

Mnke Li-ion Power Battery (IMR-18650F) - China Power Battery,Lithium Power Battery

MNKE IMR18650 3.7v Li-MN Rechargable Battery - Avid Vaper

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
MNKE 18650 are 20amp from the sources I have seen. Are you sure your not talking about AW? Why would people make such a big deal about MNKE batteries if they where only 10amp max continuous output....same as the AW.

Mnke Li-ion Power Battery (IMR-18650F) - China Power Battery,Lithium Power Battery

MNKE IMR18650 3.7v Li-MN Rechargable Battery - Avid Vaper

Not making a big deal out of it.... Was just asking tartanraven to offer up where he got his info from. Wanted to know if it was a reputable source. That was it!! Too many people make claims on these forums that can't back them up. Like I said I found multiple sources that showed 10amp, one for 15amp, and then found the two you showed at 20amp after making my original post.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Not making a big deal out of it.... Was just asking tartanraven to offer up where he got his info from. Wanted to know if it was a reputable source. That was it!! Too many people make claims on these forums that can't back them up. Like I said I found multiple sources that showed 10amp, one for 15amp, and then found the two you showed at 20amp after making my original post.

Not making a big deal of it....You wanted some sources....I gave it to you. The reason people make such a big hoopla over these batteries is because of they are 20amp batteries and the voltage drop on them is supposed to be much less/better than AWs. Could you post the sources saying they are 10 amps?

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach

juggernautxtr

Feb 4, 2013
AZ
Seems rather normal with medium-heavy use. How many drags would you estimate you are getting? Yes friends, puff counters can be useful.

I chain vape all day long, I use up 3-5 mils of juice on a bad day, maybe 2-3 when I am not rushing around stressing to get stuff done. was told they were awesome batteries, and so far i am extremely happy with the performance.
almost seem they act like a car battery. the initial high charge goes away quickly but holds it's rated voltage for an extended period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread