Panicked! Dry Nose, Losing Voice

Status
Not open for further replies.

vcanfield

Apr 10, 2010
San Antonio
If anyone has any thoughts on this, please share.

My husband started vaping and gave up smoking almost 4 weeks ago, with two weeks of light smoking (4-5 analogs a day) before that. So it's been a total of six weeks of vaping. Now his nose is so dry he says the pain and crusting from blood is intolerable. Plus he complains his throat hurts and his voice is raspy. He promised me he'd give up smoking for our anniversary, but now he's threatening to go back even though he doesn't want to.This is the best he's ever done with given up those stupid analogs. So, or course I'm panicked. Thing is, he really likes vaping, everything about it. I told him to drink more water, and I ordered juice with lower nic. and 65/35 higher VG, praying it's an allergic reaction to the PG that's causing all this. But if that's it, why after so much time?

Here's the break down.

Week one and two
Smoking 3-5 analogs a day. No problems,
Aspire ego battery and clearomize
4 mg. fruit flavor ejuice 50/50

Week thee and four
No problems, vaping like crazy, no analogs.
Aspire ego battery and clearomizer, 1.6 ohm
12 mg. fruit flavor ejuice 50/50

Week five
Nose started getting dry
Aspire ego battery with clearomizer 1.6 ohm
8 and 24 mg. fruit flavor ejuice 50/50

Week six
Nose started bleeding, throat hurting and raspy
Started using Eleaf iStick 30w with Aspire clearomizer 1.6 ohm, went back to the ego battery.
Reduced nicotine to 4/12/18 mg. (24 was too much) 50/50

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
So sorry to hear this. "Reactions" do occur so let me suggest a few things. All of which are educated guesses. I'm not a MD but I hope myself and other vets can help.

- See your local MD/Primary care doc for a check up
- Drink more water. LOTS of water
- Biotene works for some folks
- Try unflavored NIC. That's just PG + VG and say 6MG NIC. One vendor I know: https://www.halocigs.com/fusion-unflavored-eliquid.html
- Your hubby may be allergic to PG. Some vendors sell "MAX VG"
- Vape in moderation. Try and take breaks between draws and DO NOT chain vape.

HTH and good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread