Status
Not open for further replies.

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
10000? The biggest 1S Ive ever seen was 2200mah and they are not incased in plastic. Although they can be paralleled they are difficult and dangerous if your not 100% sure of what you are doing. Wouldn't it be easier to parallel 3-4 18650's? 1550P++ CNC Aluminum Enclosure something like this, just all in parallel. If you ask he will make you one. 4 sony VCT4 would easily do that

Reactions: VapingVro

VapingVro

Sep 2, 2016
Killa City
10000? The biggest 1S Ive ever seen was 2200mah and they are not incased in plastic. Although they can be paralleled they are difficult and dangerous if your not 100% sure of what you are doing. Wouldn't it be easier to parallel 3-4 18650's? 1550P++ CNC Aluminum Enclosure something like this, just all in parallel. If you ask he will make you one. 4 sony VCT4 would easily do that
I was going to stack them matey and I do know what I'm doing just nit sure of what lipos to use. I've seen 4500mah and 5500mah lipo dnas. And yeah it would be waaay easier I'm just starting to hate 18650s haha

pineappledan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
Dartmouth
Was actually on their site a lot last night probably gonna just go with one or two turnigy batts in parallel.
One lipo should give you 50 amps no problem. 2 lipos with a combined 5000 mah rating and 45c, for example, would give you a whopping 225 amps. The problem comes into play with the 5,000 to 10,000 mah. That's gonna take some big batteries.
There are plenty of people running 1300mah 3cell lipos in a pwm box that easily get all day out of it.
The milliamp-hour ratings do funny things when the cells are wired in series.
Anyways, the turnigy nano-tech are pretty good, according to the drone guys, and affordable too. I'm building a 3s lipo soon and want to use a 1300 45-90c-11.1v, and that'll get me, theoretically, 58.5amps continuous.
I pm'ed mooch about donating one for testing, and he plans to test a batch in that size range sometime in the spring.

Honestly, though, not to sound rude, but if you don't know, you should do all your research, like spend a month studying, before you build. Lipos go boom in epic fashion when you try to make them do something they don't want to. They also go boom if their power goes through a part that can't handle it.

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
I was going to stack them matey and I do know what I'm doing just nit sure of what lipos to use. I've seen 4500mah and 5500mah lipo dnas. And yeah it would be waaay easier I'm just starting to hate 18650s haha
I was talking about 1S packs as it sounded like you were going to use it like a mech. DNA lipo's are 3S and of coarse you can get one of those that is capable of 50a but 3S is 12v. I should have ask what you were going to do with it.

Reactions: VapingVro

VapingVro

Sep 2, 2016
Killa City
One lipo should give you 50 amps no problem. 2 lipos with a combined 5000 mah rating and 45c, for example, would give you a whopping 225 amps. The problem comes into play with the 5,000 to 10,000 mah. That's gonna take some big batteries.
There are plenty of people running 1300mah 3cell lipos in a pwm box that easily get all day out of it.
The milliamp-hour ratings do funny things when the cells are wired in series.
Anyways, the turnigy nano-tech are pretty good, according to the drone guys, and affordable too. I'm building a 3s lipo soon and want to use a 1300 45-90c-11.1v, and that'll get me, theoretically, 58.5amps continuous.
I pm'ed mooch about donating one for testing, and he plans to test a batch in that size range sometime in the spring.

Honestly, though, not to sound rude, but if you don't know, you should do all your research, like spend a month studying, before you build. Lipos go boom in epic fashion when you try to make them do something they don't want to. They also go boom if their power goes through a part that can't handle it.
Yeah matey I've actually hard shortened hundreds of lipos when I was younger cause it was fun haha. I used to break my brothers RC cars and solder the batteries to batteries and pennies. But yeah I know what I'm doing just probably gonna get the battery you were talking about.

Reactions: pineappledan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread