PART 8 -The Official MyVapeJuice Family Room (Crazy Chit Chat Thread - Live LAUGH Love and Vape)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Good Morning Everyone... :)

Today's radar is starting out like...

CONUS.MosaicBREF.jpg

The t-storm outlook for today is...

day1otlk.gif

There is a 2% chance of tornadoes along the coasts of N & S Carolina's and barely into Virginia...

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Woo hoo... :D

I just ended up with an unexpected windfall. I've been looking for a deal on Adobe's Lightroom program... LR is a photo manager and post processing program... While their raster graphics editor that most everyone knows a little about is Photoshop. A graphics editor differs in that it can cut, copy, paste and even create new content in a graphic ( or photo )... where LR is more for adjusting color balances, using filters, lens corrections ( like flattening out the barrel look in wide angle lens as one example ), perspective correction ( where you can straighten the perspective of say a building or something )... and also managing all of the photos to keep things a little more organized.... as well as other photo oriented tasks. So you could use PS to many of the things you'd do in LR... they really have different purposes and in my case ( and many photographers )... LR would be the best suited program for the majority of their needs and PS only used for a few things such as making composite pics perhaps etc.

Then last week I had an "oh duh" moment and remembered that one of my clients is a medium sized video and graphics company. Since they will almost always use the latest software for their work... I thought I'd call the owner up and see if they had an older copy of LR that they no longer use and perhaps may want to sell it. He said he wasn't sure but he'd knew he had some of the older Adobe Creative Suites that contained PS that he knew he didn't use... but he'd look through them anyway. Last Friday I got an email from him... he said he didn't find LR in any of his older software packages... but perhaps did I want a copy of CS4 Production Premium ( the latest standalone version is CS6 and now just CC as a subscription only option is all they sell )... for FREE .... Back when they were selling this CS4 package, it was going for about $1700 retail... so of course I said yes.

I picked up the software yesterday ( original disks with serials )... found out it was an upgrade version instead and I still needed a serial number for a previous version... today he emailed me the older CS3 serial numbers so I could install... Can I say Woo Hoo again :D

So now I guess I need to start learning a little bit of PS CS4... I've also got the full video software that come with the suite ( Premiere ) as well as several other programs that are in the package... I suspect I will only end up using PS and few if any of the others... but they are there if I need them.

So now I'm on disk 4 of the 6 DVD's... before long... I can join the ranks of other PS fools out there... :D

MoonLit_Water

We All Shine On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Stuart, Florida
Woo hoo... :D

I just ended up with an unexpected windfall. I've been looking for a deal on Adobe's Lightroom program... LR is a photo manager and post processing program... While their raster graphics editor that most everyone knows a little about is Photoshop. A graphics editor differs in that it can cut, copy, paste and even create new content in a graphic ( or photo )... where LR is more for adjusting color balances, using filters, lens corrections ( like flattening out the barrel look in wide angle lens as one example ), perspective correction ( where you can straighten the perspective of say a building or something )... and also managing all of the photos to keep things a little more organized.... as well as other photo oriented tasks. So you could use PS to many of the things you'd do in LR... they really have different purposes and in my case ( and many photographers )... LR would be the best suited program for the majority of their needs and PS only used for a few things such as making composite pics perhaps etc.

Then last week I had an "oh duh" moment and remembered that one of my clients is a medium sized video and graphics company. Since they will almost always use the latest software for their work... I thought I'd call the owner up and see if they had an older copy of LR that they no longer use and perhaps may want to sell it. He said he wasn't sure but he'd knew he had some of the older Adobe Creative Suites that contained PS that he knew he didn't use... but he'd look through them anyway. Last Friday I got an email from him... he said he didn't find LR in any of his older software packages... but perhaps did I want a copy of CS4 Production Premium ( the latest standalone version is CS6 and now just CC as a subscription only option is all they sell )... for FREE .... Back when they were selling this CS4 package, it was going for about $1700 retail... so of course I said yes.

I picked up the software yesterday ( original disks with serials )... found out it was an upgrade version instead and I still needed a serial number for a previous version... today he emailed me the older CS3 serial numbers so I could install... Can I say Woo Hoo again :D

So now I guess I need to start learning a little bit of PS CS4... I've also got the full video software that come with the suite ( Premiere ) as well as several other programs that are in the package... I suspect I will only end up using PS and few if any of the others... but they are there if I need them.

So now I'm on disk 4 of the 6 DVD's... before long... I can join the ranks of other PS fools out there... :D
awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread