Pawn v2 Mod safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adlof Hitless

May 3, 2016
good day everyone
New member here

I am also a vaper who uses Full Mech mod, im just curious on what are the donts that i have to avoid to remain safe while vaping.

I am currently using Pawn v2 x baal v3 (1:1) x Shrek batts (pair)
I am planning to build 5 loops on 3mm guide omega tiger wire on my baal .
Can you guys give me some ideas on what not to do? Such as can i continuesly vape while using that build or should i stop and vape and stop then stop and vape.

Badly need help

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
You didn't say what guage wire you are using. Use steam-engine to plan your build, then once it is installed in your RDA check the target resistance on a resistance meter to confirm and that there is not a short.
Check the amp draw that you build will be pulling from your batteries, and make sure that the batteries you are using are capable of handling it. I've never heard of 'shrek' batteries, can you provide more information and/or pics so we can identify what they are and what the CDR is?
Your mod uses a dual parallel battery configuration. This means that the available amps are doubled as is the mAh (run time), but the voltage remains the same (4.2v).

For example using a Samsung 25R which has a 20 amp CDR and 2500 mAh capacity:

available amperage pool = 40 amps
runtime = 5000 mAh (20 amps for 15 minutes continuously)

As to your vaping style, as long as you stop occasionally to breath and make sure your mod or RDA doesn't get too hot, I think you'll be ok.

Reactions: Baditude

Adlof Hitless

May 3, 2016
You didn't say what guage wire you are using. Use steam-engine to plan your build, then once it is installed in your RDA check the target resistance on a resistance meter to confirm and that there is not a short.
Check the amp draw that you build will be pulling from your batteries, and make sure that the batteries you are using are capable of handling it. I've never heard of 'shrek' batteries, can you provide more information and/or pics so we can identify what they are and what the CDR is?
Your mod uses a dual parallel battery configuration. This means that the available amps are doubled as is the mAh (run time), but the voltage remains the same (4.2v).

For example using a Samsung 25R which has a 20 amp CDR and 2500 mAh capacity:

available amperage pool = 40 amps
runtime = 5000 mAh (20 amps for 15 minutes continuously)

As to your vaping style, as long as you stop occasionally to breath and make sure your mod or RDA doesn't get too hot, I think you'll be ok.

My batts are Samsung 25r
For the wire , kindly reffer to this link Wire Omega

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
A Beginner's Guide to Your First Mechanical Mod
  • Covers the differences between a mechanical vs. regulated mod, essential safety accessories, optional safety accessories to add layers of safety to your mech, routine maintanance, use of proper batteries, proper ventilation, low resistance vaping, and faux hybrid mods.
Explain it to the Dumb Noob: Ohm's Law Calculations
  • As simple as it is to use, some people have a tough time grasping the concept.
Information Resources for Your First RBA
  • An essential read and referrance guide for someone new to rebuilding coils. Includes a multitude of useful links on battery safety, mod safety, coil meters, coil building, and the differences in the three types of RBA's.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'm just curious why you always recommend that people read the above article. Very few, if any of us, vapers are using removable batteries in mods that are of a LiPo battery chemistry. We are using IMR or INR Li-Ion batteries.

Ego batteries, and the non-removable batteries in regulated mods like the iStick or MVP, use Li-Po batteries, but this has no bearing on this particular post.

Not meant to be rude, just curious. o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: BrotherBob

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I'm just curious why you always recommend that people read the above article. Very few, if any of us, vapers are using removable batteries in mods that are of a LiPo battery chemistry. We are using IMR or INR Li-Ion batteries.

Ego batteries, and the non-removable batteries in regulated mods like the iStick or MVP, use Li-Po batteries, but this has no bearing on this particular post.

Not meant to be rude, just curious. o_O
Thanks for the reminder. I thought the author did a good job. I think I will start using this one:
(12) Deeper Understanding of Mod Batteries - Part I | E-Cigarette Forum

Reactions: Baditude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread