Status
Not open for further replies.

Shan B

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2010
Latrobe, PA
www.Vapecore.com
Yes, I know it's said to be against Paypal TOS for you to purchase e-cigs, juice, etc... but I have been fortunate to come across 3 fairly cheap sites that accept paypal and payment is VERY discrete.

If you know of ANY sites that sell e-juice, accept Paypal payments, and are a good price. Please post here as I'm interested in any new one's I can find. I will order from US and China.

Currenly I am already a buying member@

1. totallywicked-eliquid
2. e-cig
3. e-cigarette-mart (is having a 30mL for 9.96 sale with free shipping)
Promotion - 30ml Original E-Juice E-Juice Free Shipping : Wholesale E-Cigarette - China Ruyan Wholesale - Discount Electronic Cigarette Wholesale From China

Any others would be appreciated!

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
It's gonna be very difficult for certain vendors to get past PP's policies just due to their site names. I used to sell products that were not considered "Kosher" by PP and found that if the site name had nothing to do with what I was selling, I was able to get transactions processed with no problem. I also had my webmeister group the items purchased to show on the transaction log as just "sitexxx.org purchase" --- hence no idea what was sold, just a site selling something.
I understand it's risky especially for a high volume seller, but it did work. PayPal can be so dang arbitrary though..... all it takes is one customer to file a complaint, and the cat's out of the bag, the account if frozen and your money is lost. (hence, sweep the account daily) So in the long run, it's probably not too good of an idea to use PP. I'm sure they are on high alert for e-cig related transactions with the recent publicity and it's really not worth the risk. Plus their fees just keep climbing and at some point, vendors would have to start adding fees to compensate. Think it's now 4 bucks per 100.
Also, you always have a problem with money requests. I had a "code" my customers knew to use..... a "hard drive" was a certain item, a "video card" another, etc. That worked well, but again, just one screw up by a customer and you are frozen.
Just not worth the risk..... IMHO

kushka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2010
Marietta, GA
Another reason to hate pay pal is their policy disallowing e-cigarette related merchandise is that it applies to US vendors only. Vendors in China and Europe can bill through pay pal with no problem. That is the reason Totally Wicked and Liberty Flights can use pay pal. My orders from Liberty Flights are bought and shipped from their US site - but my pay pal receipt states sales@liberty-flights.co.uk.

Reactions: Yvie Lee

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
It's just written into their BS terms of service and if want to use PayPal, you have to agree to their conditions. I agree.... cigarettes and what not are legal, but they have all sorts of nutty prohibitions. You need to be what I think is called a "Philadelphia Lawyer" to even make sense of all the fine print when you sign up for a PP account either as a vendor or buyer. They also can be very arbitrary..... you are guilty until proven innocent which sort of is opposite of what I thought the way things were in this country. They have frozen my account when a person complained that they did not receive their package even though I had documentation from USPS that is was delivered. Because of PP I now always request delivery confirmation to protect myself. They finally unfroze my account with not even an apology or explanation even though it was my money they froze and the buyer was trying to pull a fast one. Go figure....lol

PS... If you have the patience to wade through their menu system, I think you can find a list of "forbidden" items that can not be traded using their system. It seems to be even worse since eBay bought them. Talk about having a corner on the market...... they have you coming and going. And the transaction fees just keep going up and up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yvie Lee

klamathkid

May 5, 2010
Alabama
PP doesn't take payments for e-cigs or tobacco 'cause they are owned by eBay, and eBay says NO. Another problem with PP is that if a vendor does a total refund to you, PP no longer returns the entire PP fee to the vendor. The vendor is still out the "fee portion" as PP only refunds the "+ percent portion." Don't even get into the free perks given to Chinese vendors, the PP and eBay charges U.S. vendors for.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Excellent point using the PP debit card. Far as the vendor is concerned, you are using a MC (I believe... at least mine is).

But don't even incur the wrath of PayPal. They will freeze your funds if there is even a whiff of something violating their TOS and as someone mentioned in an earlier post, it's become worse since FleaBay bought them. They now get you coming and going..... It's no wonder that sellers "pad" their shipping fees to try to recover some of the overly high fees charged by both entities. eBay used to be a nice site for the little guy, now it reminds me of a giant flea market or yard sale, but with lots of rules you must follow. I get so tired of their emails encouraging me to start a storefront and become a millionaire...... starts to sound like MLM schemes.......

Shan B

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2010
Latrobe, PA
www.Vapecore.com
That e-cigarette-mart offer is the biz!
Thanks Shan B

Yeah I totally love it there. Always finding great deals with free shipping. I will say the way they do the PP transactions are quite slick LOL. I ordered from them 2 weeks ago, took 6 days to get that order. And ordered again from them about 7 days ago, but I'm assuming because of the Chinese Holiday this order will be quite delayed. But hey this beggar can't be a chooser. hehehe.

If you do buy from sites in China most are doing a 10 - 20% off code because they won't be shipping until the 5th, some even the 8th. But again, still worth the wait, as long as I have backup liquid and carts.

Glad 1 I found helped ya out :)

Shan B

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2010
Latrobe, PA
www.Vapecore.com
I personally haven't had ANY issues purchasing via Paypal, because the sites I buy thru are pretty darn discrete with the emails they use for payments as well as only listing a tracking number and item number, never putting any site info or item names on the purchases.

I think the only problem I've had in the past 5 years with PP is a friend of mine sending money (eCheck) as a gift from the UK. They froze the funds for 21 days, but didn't freeze my account or her account.

I avoid using my credit card at all costs, unless it's an emergency. I hate all different companies having my info, but if it is a site I MUST purchase from and the only means is CC... then I will, I just prefer PP over any other method of payment.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
All you have to do if they are shipping USPS and give you the label number is go to "Track and Confirm" on the USPS site and you can tell precisely when the package is accepted at the PO. Many vendors play games with shipping -- give you the tracking number and you think it's been shipped. The salt test is when that package gets into the PO's hands and starts moving your way. I always ask for Priority Shipping.... have found it to be much faster than UPS or FedEx ground and a far sight lesser in cost. Plus, many times the Priority mail will be moved along with the Express items and handled more gently, so you can luck out and have a package on your doorstep (even coast to coast) in 3 days or so. Just keep an eye on that "Track and Confirm"....... it doesn't lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread