Paypal - Not Too Big To Fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

phanto

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2012
Melbourne
I know there are other threads dealing with Paypal and the fact that Paypal is no longer available as a payment option for e-cig companies in USA. Having read many of those it is obvious that most of us do not really know why. It is difficult to imagine that Paypal would give up a valuable source of revenue voluntarily. Many think it was a response to FDA threats. I don't know, I am not a US citizen, I am a buyer not a vendor, I can use Paypal in my own country and UK and China so it is not a major concern for me personally, just a minor inconvenience.

But you guys should be concerned. If Paypal's withdrawal from the e-cig business in USA really was a response to FDA or other government intervention then it could be the thin edge of the wedge. What about if Mastercard and VISA are warned off? That might be unlikely in view of the multi-millions of your tax dollars which have been poured into the banking system but ...

Just a thought.

stylemaster2001

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2014
Goldsboro, NC USA
Yup, that's how it started with online poker....you could not use paypal all of a sudden, and then soon after your bank card transactions were "denied" and then the gov't just finally clamped down on everything. I remember having to try to get those pre-paid MC's, loading them and paying...worked for a while, but eventually they even stopped those. This is all like deja vu for me. :(

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
PayPal has never allowed ecig sales if they know that's what they are, in the US that is. This is not new.

There are some vendors who don't specify they are selling ecigs or juice and gotten away with accepting payments through PayPal. But... In the US its always been against their policy.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I know there are other threads dealing with Paypal and the fact that Paypal is no longer available as a payment option for e-cig companies in USA. Having read many of those it is obvious that most of us do not really know why. It is difficult to imagine that Paypal would give up a valuable source of revenue voluntarily. Many think it was a response to FDA threats. I don't know, I am not a US citizen, I am a buyer not a vendor, I can use Paypal in my own country and UK and China so it is not a major concern for me personally, just a minor inconvenience.

But you guys should be concerned. If Paypal's withdrawal from the e-cig business in USA really was a response to FDA or other government intervention then it could be the thin edge of the wedge. What about if Mastercard and VISA are warned off? That might be unlikely in view of the multi-millions of your tax dollars which have been poured into the banking system but ...

Just a thought.

Paypal isn't an option for payment to ecig companies directly in the USA,

However, you can get vape supplies using paypal via ebay! And various vape supplier do have storefronts on ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread