PCC red light blinking? ($35 kit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trav901

Aug 24, 2013
Indiana USA
I picked up the $35 Blu starter kit 5 days ago. The batteries and charger worked fine for a couple days, but now it seems that the charger's not charging fully, either that or the batteries are already worn out. One battery lasts for just a couple hours (it was lasting for about half a day for the first couple days), and one seems to be completely dead and not charging.

When I put the dead one in the charger, the red light on the side blinks. When a battery is charging, the red light is solid till it is charged. But in this case, the red light blinks then goes out. And it doesn't seem to charge.

Does the red light blinking mean the battery is supposed to be fully charged already, or could it mean the battery is dead?

Zealous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Texas
Is the PCC fully charged? Have you tried charging the batteries with the little PC charger that comes with your kit (do those kits include that? idk)? If it's not taking a charge from the little PC charger then it's the battery. However if it IS taking a charge from the PC adaptor & not from the PCC then it's the case that has a problem.

autobiogphnation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Chicago
I've had that happen a few times. Usually I would just remove the battery, plug the PCC in to the USB charger and then reinsert the battery and everything would be good. I also have been taking a small strip of electrical tape and when the spare battery is done charging, I put that strip over the contact so that I can keep it in the charge slot, but it wont be discharging/recharging all the time. I seem to only get the red flashing light when I leave the spare battery on the charge contact.

Skymutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Steel City, PA, USA
The red light only indicates the cig batt status, and if it's blinking, I think it means there's something wrong with that battery. The new starter pack uses some type of smart charging circuit, it's not like the older packs where if it's making contact all the time there's a constant cycle. Once the red light is off, there is no longer a charge being sent to the battery. The older screw in type didn't do this, so you had to remove the batt as soon as possible once it finished. I'd contact customer support and they'll probably replace the battery for you.

heatwave

Sep 20, 2013
Twin Ports, MN
Fast Flash can mean a bad battery. If its one of the new starter packs go to blu and chat with a rep they will gladly replace it. Try "hitting" the batt with no carto on it. IE suck on the end that the carto screws onto without the carto screwed on and see what happens. If you get the fast flash on the led on the end then it will probably charge again at least for awhile. Either way I would talk to blu and have them replace it. They don't mind replacing it they know some of the batts are duds and I am serious they really don't mind they replaced mine without a question and threw in a variety pack of cartos for the inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread