May 31, 2013
Northern California

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
How about... The Select? Or the Reserve?

I know it doesn't sound manly, but I keep coming back to "Elegance"

a : refined grace or dignified propriety
b : tasteful richness of design or ornamentation
c : dignified gracefulness or restrained beauty of style
d : scientific precision, neatness, and simplicity

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
Nice choice, AM. Love the color!

Thanks Tree.

Looks like I should have ordered several based on the responses now that he has gone public.
i wasn't going to get one due to the "wife factor" possibly going supernova, but when I saw yours I couldn't stop myself.

P.S. I wussed out and cashed in some scrap copper and she thinks I am getting this "gratis" so shhhhh.......
She just can't let go of the fact she bought me a Hero Hybrid for my birthday and it along with 2 other Hero Hybrids are collecting dust since Dibby and Xo converted me over to bottom feeders.

:facepalm:

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
I know it doesn't sound manly, but I keep coming back to "Elegance"

a : refined grace or dignified propriety
b : tasteful richness of design or ornamentation
c : dignified gracefulness or restrained beauty of style
d : scientific precision, neatness, and simplicity

i was thinking along the same lines, but it started to remind me of an old tv commercial.

"Corinthian leather" anyone?

help me Tree, too many flashbacks...

Borescoped

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Minot, ND
So, if we are interested, PM?

Looks like it's not only an awesome handcrafted mod, but a work of art also.

It seems also that if one were to have some modicum of patience, said individual could spread the cost out some over time by purchasing the materials and sending it in?

I've been thinking about a REO for quite a while, and the SunBox e7 dna20, but both out of my price range for a one shot go. This could be a better solution!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMEDICx90

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Ohio
So, if we are interested, PM?

Looks like it's not only an awesome handcrafted mod, but a work of art also.

It seems also that if one were to have some modicum of patience, said individual could spread the cost out some over time by purchasing the materials and sending it in?

I've been thinking about a REO for quite a while, and the SunBox e7 dna20, but both out of my price range for a one shot go. This could be a better solution!

These are gonna be more costly then a REO since they are limited and he has to make up for labor. They are all hand made so you get an individual piece instead of a cookie cutter mod. :)

Borescoped

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Minot, ND
These are gonna be more costly then a REO since they are limited and he has to make up for labor. They are all hand made so you get an individual piece instead of a cookie cutter mod. :)

If people buy the wood/materials first, save some more money, then when they can afford the asking price of work involved, send him the materials required, it will still be that much more? In the thought process of spreading the cost out (ie: budgeting over time) it would seem that sourcing and sending will in effect not make the shot in the pocket hurt all at once (which is why I've not stepped up yet to something really nice (read:expensive)).

I'll just PM for details.

Treebeard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Downtown Shufunkdeville
ya did good, Tree!

yours look spectacular compared to the photos on that site.

good eye!

Thanks, D. But it was really just luck. I wasn't actually shopping for that color it just happened to be the only block on the site that had the required dimensions at the time I was shopping them.

The woods come and go pretty quickly on these sites so if someone is looking for a nice piece and sees one with the right measurements, the old adage applies...."if you snooze you loose".

milkman5306

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2013
Thanks, D. But it was really just luck. I wasn't actually shopping for that color it just happened to be the only block on the site that had the required dimensions at the time I was shopping them.

The woods come and go pretty quickly on these sites so if someone is looking for a nice piece and sees one with the right measurements, the old adage applies...."if you snooze you loose".

And now thanks to this thread the competition for wood on these sites has increased measurably !

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

milkman5306

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2013
You just pushed me over the edge. I've been so close to trying BF and even had one in my cart several times. With your design, I just have to try it.

PM sent :)

I love bottom feeders, right now i have a vmod and a reo grand (everyday use cause they damn durable). I am in line for two more styles of wooden bfs from two different vendors (these will both be quite exotic and won't be carried around for everyday use). Try one you won't be disappointed with them trust me.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
PDIB's Making MODs!

. . . . . . . and hearing confessions . .. . ;)

I absolve thee, Mundy .. . . go forth and sin no more . .. .

If momma ain't happy, nobody's happy!
There's never been a truer statement made.
Or as Red put it, " If your wife's having a good time and you're not, you're still having a better time than if you're having a good time and she's not."

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
I've been seriously lurking in the woodvil thread since it started. They're gorgeous! But I feel confident that I would like to start my BF experience with one of pdibs mods. If it completely converts me away from the tube mods, I'll probably get one or more of the metal grands for carry out.

I'm thinking that it will add to my options, though. Tube, box BF, epipe (soon, I hope). Variety is the spice of life vape, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread