Pegasus mini + triton mini - no flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam99

Feb 22, 2017
Hi I got the odyssey mini kit about a year ago to help quit smoking and save money, (in Australia). For that use its been a good kit. Currently using 1.8ohm triton mini claptons with 50:50 and 70:30 VG:pG, 6% nic juices from Mt Barker. I vape about 4-6mL/day

Over this year Im now looking to start dropping down nic% until 0%. The problem is that I get basically no feel or flavor from the vapor whatsoever once I cut down nicotine with this setup even though vapor production is good. Ive since tried a few of my friends beefier setups, and even with 0% nicotine juices I can get a warm, flavorsome satisfying hit. I didn't even realise how amazing and lifelike the ejuices could taste until I tried other vape setups (not sure what they were exactly).

Now Im left extremely unsatisfied with the triton mini/claptons, and nothing Ive tried makes much of a difference. Tried new coils, priming overnight, adjusting W from 8-18, different airflow, getting ejuice with extra flavor shots. Its like the flavor is almost completely muted with a slight chemically taste over the top and theres no warmth or feel to the hit. I see a few forums posts about this issue, but it seems the majority of people seem to be very happy with the flavor from the triton mini/claptons which confuses the hell out of me.

Any recommendations for tanks (with good stock coils, cbf building my own) to use with the pegasus mini 50W for flavor? Or should I look at getting a completely new setup. I would prefer not to be burning through huge amounts of ejuice/day if possible. I hear people using 30mL+/day with some subohm setups which would end up being expensive again, more so than smoking ever was for me even in Australia. But if thats what it takes to quit nicotine for good...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread