Pen style enclosed battery vented/blew up???

Status
Not open for further replies.

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
Thank you for your timely responce.
You challenged the statement of another very informed Poster.
Are you not obligated to defend Your statement?
With a degree in Physics, I'm sure you have vast knowledge on the subject. Why not share it with us?
Just disappointed.
I cast no aspersions on the participating players..

You're welcome

What statement do you want me to defend exactly? Please put it in quotation marks.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
You're welcome

What statement do you want me to defend exactly? Please put it in quotation marks.
It was pretty clear that your "advanced degree" (that may very well be in star gazing or made up for all we know) qualifies all my statements as untrue. :blink:

Deny asserting that with a straight face.

Tapatyped

Reactions: daviedog

rozdad06

Jun 22, 2013
huntington tx
i had my smokeless Image automatic (no button) 900 mah battery on the charging cable. This battery is probably around 3 years old. I have a bunch of these because my favorite vape is an auto battery with an iclear 16. Yes, I have more up to date stuff. But this is my fav. Anyway, I have always assumed since these are self contained they are safe. I have left this type of battery on a charger cable for days and never had an issue. Thankfully, I have heeded the warnings and the charger is across the room from my bed because I also charge the batteries for my ProVari in the same area. I take those out of the charger when they are done. I was laying in bed and start hearing a hissing sound. I turned on the light and smoke is coming from the battery. I grabbed the whole cable with the battery attached and threw it in the fire pit. It burned a hole in my entertainment center and scared the crap out of me. I have a bunch of these in the vapocalypse stash and I am wondering if I should be storing them in something fireproof or was this because I left in on the charging cable. I know I will be putting all my chargers in a cooking dish now and I will never leave any type of battery charging on its own. I just wonder if the stored ones could spontaneously blow up like that?
oh no!!

Reactions: beckdg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread