Penelope V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomFellow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Plymouth, MI, USA
good to know Random. To my opinion it would be nice if he go away from mesh too.
Safety with electronics is not exactly what you think. You will understand what I mean after VIR

Yeah, he's already shipping ceramic wicks now with his addys. And, he's really pushing ReadyXWick, which is kiln-treated XC-116. Probably will start including those sometime soon.

Can't wait to see VIR, and I'm am so anxiously awaiting Proteus. You da man, Imeo!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

finaritwo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
boston,ma
I agree, in the video presentation of the wick it shows the capability of dry burning the wick to clean it ,bringing it back to practically new. It never certifies/explains what the composition is originally. It also explains that if not treated correctly at certain temps and time in the kiln the wick could be dangerous to use.It's just my opinion but thinking about safety, I'm not comfortable with using it yet until I see some more research/results from a professional lab.

Last edited:

RandomFellow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Plymouth, MI, USA

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
its not only the fibers randow, its its chemical composition and thats what it matters. The rest is just for fun.

As for the fibers, lets see it carefully. If a wick leaves free fibers that can go directly to lung and the fire may makes fibers stick together, then why is this happening? What are the chemical reactions that make fibers stick each other? No one knows and I do believe that this wick is not safe at all.

RandomFellow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Plymouth, MI, USA
its not only the fibers randow, its its chemical composition and thats what it matters. The rest is just for fun.

As for the fibers, lets see it carefully. If a wick leaves free fibers that can go directly to lung and the fire may makes fibers stick together, then why is this happening? What are the chemical reactions that make fibers stick each other? No one knows and I do believe that this wick is not safe at all.

The kiln firing strengthens the tensile strength of the fibers, thereby keeping them from fraying or friable. I've actually litigated a lot of asbestos lawsuits, and I feel safe with this stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread