Pennsylvania Vapers - Introduce Yourself!

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania Vapers' started by Stephra, May 29, 2010.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Stephra

Stephra Super Member ECF Veteran

If you're from PA, and you like to vape, welcome to Pennsylvania Vapers.

I started this forum because the only other PA-specific forum was dedicated to Central PA, and did not seem to be active. There are lots of us here in the Keystone State, and I felt that we should have our own spot for networking and socializing. I'd also like to be somewhat organized in the event a ban attempt should happen to fly our way.

The only requirement for this group is to be a PA resident. Born and bred or transplant, doesn't matter!

Feel free to add photos to the group, start threads, and have fun. All I ask is that you keep it civil, and keep it respectable. Other than that, make yourself at home!

Group can be found here:
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/groups/pennsylvania-vapers.html

Forum can be found here:
    Pennsylvania Vapers - E-Cigarette Forum

Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend!

2. jude8753

jude8753 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm a transplant and decided to join so I can keep track and get updates, nice to meet everyone.

3. Stephra

Hey Jude... (I couldn't resist)

Welcome! Where are you from originally?

Redgirl is from York as well!

4. redgirl

redgirl Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Ya I know, that's awesome! Finally someone else from York!

5. maureengill

maureengill Moved On ECF Veteran

Just south of Philly here.....HI ALL :)

Tony16 likes this.
  6. FlyerTom

FlyerTom Senior Member ECF Veteran

Isn't that, uh... Joisey? :D
    Yo! How YOU doin'?

7. jude8753

I was born and raised in Chattanooga, Tenn now it seems like a foreign country when I visit.

8. FlyerTom

Jude -
    This may be a difficult question to answer, but have you lost your Tenn "accent" since living here? I say difficult because no one seems to realize that they HAVE an accent.
    Every part of PA has a distinctive manner of speaking prevalent to that area. I can tell a Philadelphia native from a Harrisburg/York person, as well as the people who live in the Hazleton and (good grief) the Old Forge communities.
    Me? Dere ain't no way dat I got any lousy accent. Youse just ain't hearin' me good!

9. Stephra

Ever heard a good PA Dutch accent? It's a trip! My grandma might say something like...

"I jes finished doing da warsh onced, now I hafta arn da kellered shirts, den da whites. Getcher self some koolaid from da fridge, if it's not all."

Another taste of where I live...

YouTube - We're From Snyder County - Sloppy Secondz

10. FlyerTom

[​IMG][​IMG]

That video was hilarious! So much so, that my wife had to investigate all the loud snorting going on in our office! (Where'd I put that Kleenex box?)

PA Dutch? Oh yeah - my wife's from Jim Thorpe (Mauch Chunk to you really old timers), and I've been exposed to that bent language variety all my married life.

Article from The Budget (Amish/Mennonite newspaper):
    Amish to build new school in PA
    Expected to be completed by the time you finish reading this sentence.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. beebopnjazz

beebopnjazz PIF FORUM MODERATOR Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    That video is too funny!

As for losing accents - not completely I don't think - people still ask me where I'm from and I've been in Philly for 23 years now.

Of course, some of the things Philadelphians say is just "not right" - down the shore and yous makes me nuts.

12. redgirl

redgirl Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Funny! I'm from Montana, so I have a slight Canadian accent, I guess, I overpronounce my a's sometimes. But I think the accent here is funny, too. Like people pronounce it like woulder instead of water and houwme instead of home and yuns!

13. jude8753

I would venture to say that every once in awhile the Southern slips out because I still say Ya'll , tar= tire, hoe = hole, britches = pants, and a few other words crammed together that I never really realized I said till I listened to Jeff Foxworthy. I try to enunciate each word when I speak with someone so I don't sound stupid because of stereotyping. My relatives from the South crack me up because they sound strange to me now especially when they say poot for passing gas. It's really funny with a Southern accent.

When I listen to that Southern cook on TV can't remember her name, the older blond lady, her accent sounds very exaggerated to me and I can't stand to listen to her because she sounds fake. I'm proud of being a Southern, but I hate when people think I'm ignorant or a hillbilly. I have lived in many places so I kind of adapted to different accents so I think it sounds normal until a few southern things just slip out.

14. Neekyme

Neekyme Super Member ECF Veteran

Anyone else from yin'z country? Seems everyone is from the Philly side of the state!

Too funny about the accents! I moved down to DC for a few months, and everyone commented on my PA accent....which I couldnt understand because I thought I talked like everyone else there... But I guess we do have our own language, even from the west and the east side of the state. I love it :)

15. Stephra

We've got 17 members now... Where are you all hiding? Come out and say hello!

16. o4_srt

o4_srt Super Member ECF Veteran

hola, me llamo gregorio, vivo en lancaster, no tengo un accento, unless spanglsh counts. damn 2nd shift sucks on fridays

17. FlyerTom

My wife and I vacation regularly on Martha's Vineyard... pardon me, Mahthuh's Vinyahd, and I've noticed that not all local residents speak with that unique New England-JFK accent. I brought this point up in conversation with a local store clerk and he said, "Sir, the only one here with an accent is YOU."

Hey! Take it easy! I'm a Red Sox fan too!

18. FlyerTom

Hola Gregorio~
    Do you pronounce your city as LANcaster, or LancaSTER?

19. Lioness

Lioness Senior Member ECF Veteran

Yep. Originally from Johnstown now living in Somerset. Went from "yinz" to "youse" in 30 miles. :p (I still say yinz, youse is just wrong!)

20. o4_srt

o4_srt Super Member ECF Veteran

lol my name is greg, gregorio was my name in spanish class years ago.

it's pronounced LANCaster, lanc rhymes with tank. not LANcaster.