People with few tanks. how do u place your spare tank aside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighPlainsPuffer

Jul 9, 2015
in flux
I've had leaks due to extreme temperature changes and clearos leak on a plane, but never just with them lying on their sides in the vape room...

I was camping a couple weekends ago about 1500 ft above town, I had some very minimal seepage in my starre and STM, they were in the backpack, but the tanks we were using were fine.

I keep my tanks upright so the wicking is always ready to be used!

Traijan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
USA
isnt there a lil screw at the bottom of the tanks? how do u get it to sit upright?
I drilled holes in my cheapy desk and just have them sit in the holes, but the theory is the same really, take anything and drill a hole in it to fit the threaded section of the tank and sit it upright. Could also do it with things like Styrofoam if you didn't feel like buying a specific stand for your tanks. And if the few oddball tanks (that I don't even use anymore) aren't in the holes then they're likely to be found lying on their sides on the desk or have rolled to the floor.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    I keep my spares on some spare mechs I have lying around(batteries out of course). That way I can have them upright and not worry about it. Plus the display aspect is pretty cool!
    View attachment 475761

Hey, are those hammer mods that I see in the pic?

Reactions: Darth Omerta

sd3614

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 7, 2015
    MIDWEST USA
    WP_20150711_14_20_07_Pro.jpg

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 22, 2015
    Hey, are those hammer mods that I see in the pic?

Yup two of them. One in 18500 mode with battery in the right position and one with battery in line with atty mode for a much sleeker looking 18650 mode. :thumbs:

Easily my favorite looking mech, but, Im really liking the King v2 these days cause I find it fires better with my builds as I have them right now.

Reactions: AXIOM_1

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 22, 2015
    They are fun, but gimmicky. I find that there are better hitting mods, that require less maintenance. The Hammers have to be cleaned out on all contacts and the battery tube at LEAST once a month whether used or not. There is also a tiny issue with the pin on the contact for the atty. It needs to be disassembled and the spring inside needs to be replaced with 2 conductive springs twisted together. Once those things are taken care of the mod hits GREAT, but then there is the asthetics side of it. Because of its shape, it looks best in 18350 or 18500 mode, UNLESS you put the 18650 in line with the atty which is another modification altogether!

I do love the Hammer, it is one of my favorites! Getting it to work well is a bit challenging but worth it. Plus, it makes a great build deck!:thumbs:

PS....my avatar is my Hammer in 18500 mode with the Atlantis. Always love that setup, especially in "stumpy mode"

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 12, 2014
    1st row on each level is for the "topper". Then, just behind is the just bottle supporting it. Top level bottle "drill-outs" are for up to 15ml bottles. Bottom level bottle drill outs are good up to 30ml.

The whole thing is just a 2x4 sitting on top of a 2x8, sanded and stained.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread