Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
After MOV gave their Peppermint Bark the hook I have been searching and trying to find/mix a replacement. Playing with different mixes I think I may have (or very close) nailed it.

The Milk Chocolate might get a 1 percent bump but this came out pretty good. TFA Peppermint is not a good substitute or at least it wasn't for me. I started there and a member in this forum pointed me to Candy Cane.

Still took some tweaking but it's real close to the MOV. I only let it steep two weeks so I'm sure it get's better with a little more time.

I hope others will enjoy it.

This is a 50/50 mix at 6mg
Candy Cane (FW) - 5% - 0.75ml - 15 Drops
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TFA) - 6% - 0.9ml - 18 Drops
Milk Chocolate (TFA) - 6% - 0.9ml - 18 Drops
White Chocolate (TFA) 4% - 0.6ml - 12 Drops
Sweetener - 1% - 0.15ml - 3 Drops

Aurora-Oblivion

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Isle of the Wizards
Hmm, just realized I have FW vanilla bean, and Vanilla Bean Ice Cream from MBV. I was thinking of the MBV one being TFA, but I haven't compared them, they usually use FW especially back when I got this.

Hope they're not the same flavors, I was thinking the MBV one when I got excited about having all the flavors, I do have all the rest so will mix with the MBV one probably no matter what. The FW one is good, but I've used it before and it's a bit too "Beany" for this type of recipe I think.

I hear that INW WG chocolate cream is great, I've never had it only the regular version chocolate cream, it's good but needs way too much flavoring before it hits the spot. WG is super concentrated, not sure how I didn't get that one instead? :)

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
After MOV gave their Peppermint Bark the hook I have been searching and trying to find/mix a replacement.

I once asked them why discontinued, they said it was seasonal and not a lot ordered it after holidays.

Just wanted to mention that, when trying to make MOV clones, they are 100% diketone free and test for this, so anybody wanting to "clone" a MOV ejuice should keep that in mind.........ie, if you wanted to clone any of the MOV ejuices faithfully, they would not have been using vanilla bean ice cream flavoring, because it does have Acetylpropionyl.

I only bring this up because it helped me in selecting what flavorings to use when trying to clone a MOV eliquid, it was sort of a "clue" that helped me figure out what they used.

So, they may have used vanilla bean gelato or french vanilla creme (TFA/TPA) which do not have diketones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread