Perfumers Apprentice Flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueBloodedCatFan

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2009
Newnan, GA
After seeing this post the last Friday, I decided to order some 4 ml samples from them. At a buck fifty a pop, I figured might as well try a bunch of them. Got them in yesterday which was really quick considering it was coming from Cali and I am in Atlanta. Also placed an order for some unflavored nic juice from someone in NC and still haven't received it, but should get it today. Just smelling the flavors was wonderful, can't wait for the juice to get here so that I can try them out. Here is what I ordered

Vanilla (Madagascar)
Banana Cream
Jamaican Rum
Green Apple
Bavarian Cream
Brandy
White Chocolate

The banana creme smelled really strong, so I might have to go easy when mixing it, but smelled delicious...and the green apple smelled just like a jolly rancher! Can't wait to try them out tonight

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada
Ordered some samples.

You know, it'd be nice if we could order undiluted flavoring. Seems like you have to use quite a bit of this stuff to get the right amount of flavor in the vapor. 20%? That's a lot!

I found a flavor supplier, but unfortunately their min. order is 40lb per flavor.... lol. But their stuff is super potent.. only takes a few tiny drops to get the flavor... not 2ml per 10ml batch of juice.

sandyk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Clarkston, Michigan
I agree, NatureBoy, you do have to use alot of flavoring at 20% BUT I think the flavoring is outstanding. I find no chemical taste.......I tried the Blueberry and the Banana Cream. Considering the price, though, you can flavor 20mls for $1.50 plus about a .50 of VG for a total of $2.00 or .10 a ml. On top of that they arrive in glass 4ml bottles with droppers attached.

Now the real deal is the bigger quantity bottles.....15ml is $4.00 and I think it is 1oz is $5.00...(don't quote me on the prices because I am doing them from memory). I know, for sure, that I am going to get a larger bottle of Blueberry. I love that stuff. Banana is alright but I think it needs to be combined with something else.

Now everyone says the Black Cherry is awesome. Going to try that next. I am also waiting for the review of the Jamacian Spiced Rum.

Last edited:

BlueBloodedCatFan

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2009
Newnan, GA
I am still pretty much a newbie and last night was my first attempt of mixing my own. I tried out the Green Apple flavor last night. HOLY COW! is all I can say. I love it! Taste just like a green Jolly Rancher :D Will let you know what I think of the others when I get a chance to try them out. I am going to try the Jamaican Rum tonight

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
After seeing this post the last Friday, I decided to order some 4 ml samples from them. At a buck fifty a pop, I figured might as well try a bunch of them. Got them in yesterday which was really quick considering it was coming from Cali and I am in Atlanta. Also placed an order for some unflavored nic juice from someone in NC and still haven't received it, but should get it today. Just smelling the flavors was wonderful, can't wait for the juice to get here so that I can try them out. Here is what I ordered

Vanilla (Madagascar)
Banana Cream
Jamaican Rum
Green Apple
Bavarian Cream
Brandy
White Chocolate

The banana creme smelled really strong, so I might have to go easy when mixing it, but smelled delicious...and the green apple smelled just like a jolly rancher! Can't wait to try them out tonight

LOL, I wish I new you lived in Atlanta, was at the convention center at the airport for my daughter CheerNation compitition. Always like meeting other ECF members.

BTW I did get all the falvors she has and she is sending me some tobacco samples she is working on for me to try out.
I dd get to the jamacin rum last night. ME LIKEY, :p It is not buttery like Loranns. I ordered 4oz bottles of black cherry and blueberry. Still working on testing the rest.
Dan

juicefreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Oklahoma
BTW I did get all the falvors she has and she is sending me some tobacco samples she is working on for me to try out.

lol dan i love that you are linda's taste tester. can't wait for some recipes and more reviews from you. my vapes are Ry4, 555'ish. A caramely, chocolate, tobacco, and throw in a few nuts recipe would be great. :D

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Quick question.. I did a quick look at the site (soooo want to order the green apple) and I did not see it so does she list here ingredients anywhere? Did I just miss it?

Geen apple: Tart Apple
Green Apple Flavor
Yep you missed it.
I have not seen a ingedients list either, I do know her flavors are PG based. I will mention it to her to add an ingredients list.

Hope that helps
Dan

blueeyekelly

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
all ove the USA
Geen apple: Tart Apple
Green Apple Flavor
Yep you missed it.
I have not seen a ingedients list either, I do know her flavors are PG based. I will mention it to her to add an ingredients list.

Hope that helps
Dan

Darn I need to learn how to word questions...LOL
Thanks for the answer to the ingtedient questions :)

Deena

ECF Veteran
Dec 25, 2009
Louisville
Me and my husband just received our order we placed on 2/2. It included Banana Cream, Black Cherry, Green Apple, Orange (Sweet), Plum, and White Chocolate - all 4ml bottles.

So far, we've tried the orange and it is sooooo good. Smells amazing, too.

The flavors are quite strong (which is really good for us because we have issues with taste). When we've used loranns, for example, we've had to use 30-40% to get a flavor strong enough for us, but with the PA, we used 20%. Much more economical!

So, I would rate PA high on all accounts: price (less than $13, including shipping, for six 4ml glass bottles w/dropper), shipping (two days), flavor (no chemical taste; strong, true-to-taste; very inviting).

I do hope that those of you who are mixing these flavors will post your recipes in the DIY recipe section. Would love to see what you do with them :rolleyes:

HippyGirl

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2009
Alabama
Me and my husband just received our order we placed on 2/2. It included Banana Cream, Black Cherry, Green Apple, Orange (Sweet), Plum, and White Chocolate - all 4ml bottles.

So far, we've tried the orange and it is sooooo good. Smells amazing, too.

The flavors are quite strong (which is really good for us because we have issues with taste). When we've used loranns, for example, we've had to use 30-40% to get a flavor strong enough for us, but with the PA, we used 20%. Much more economical!

So, I would rate PA high on all accounts: price (less than $13, including shipping, for six 4ml glass bottles w/dropper), shipping (two days), flavor (no chemical taste; strong, true-to-taste; very inviting).

I do hope that those of you who are mixing these flavors will post your recipes in the DIY recipe section. Would love to see what you do with them :rolleyes:

WOW!!!!!!!!!

And here I thought I was using a LOT at 20%!

Guineahill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
King George Virginia USA
LOL and I thought I was using a lot at 10%
I guess the longer you are off analogs the less amount of flavoring you need.
Dan

And I thought I was using.... No... Wait... My taste buds aren't there yet!
;)

For me, there seems to be a fine line between not enough flavor and too much. Some flavors seem to have a bigger window of acceptability than others.

My issue is that when there is too little I really can't taste the intended flavor even though 'precursor' notes come through. And If I put in too much, the intended flavor gets lost behind other flavors. Maybe I'm just sensitive to the wrong flavors!

:oops:

kvapz

Jan 21, 2010
Louisiana
Hey Dan with the TA mixture you have on your calculator, how much do you use in your mixtures? About 2-5%? At 5% PGA my juice is just too strong. I am waiting on my order from PA for my EM and TA to come in, so I am just using PGA right now. Also I was wondering is the EM used primarily to sweeten, because that's the biggest problem I am having, my juices aren't sweet enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread