Perfumers Apprentice Flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

HippyGirl

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2009
Alabama
LOL and I thought I was using a lot at 10%
I guess the longer you are off analogs the less amount of flavoring you need.
Dan

I'll let you know when I hit the 233 day mark! :D

There are "some" of the Lorann's that I can easily use at 10% (Blackberry and Butter Rum are two of them), but, with most, I use between 15 - 20%.

I can STRONGLY detect Bavarian Cream at ONE DROP in 5ml, so as I really don't care too much for it anyway, it's pretty much useless to me.

Last edited:

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Hey Dan with the TA mixture you have on your calculator, how much do you use in your mixtures? About 2-5%? At 5% PGA my juice is just too strong. I am waiting on my order from PA for my EM and TA to come in, so I am just using PGA right now. Also I was wondering is the EM used primarily to sweeten, because that's the biggest problem I am having, my juices aren't sweet enough?

I use around 2.5% or 10 drops per 10ml.
The EM helps to smooth the tobacco falvor out and gives it a light carmelish undertone and sweetens it a little.
Hope this helps
Dan

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
If you have to use 10-20% of the PA flavours, that's a pity - because those are far too weak then for my taste, and requiring that much flavour does not make them that cheap, either.

Also, I've found flavours that are intended to be used at 1-3 permil, and those consist of 75% PG. I therefore find it hard to believe that flavours have to be that weak. There may be some, but most certainly not all.

CloudBurst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Georgia, USA
Ordered my PA flavors on Friday and they were in my mailbox today! Now, that's some fast shipping! I ordered Lime, Tangerine, Honey, Cappuccino and Plum I also ordered some TA, but with all this stuff, I'm not sure why now. I used Dan's reccommended 1 drop per ml and made 3ml of each. I can't get enough of this stuff, need to stop tho getting a headach! LOL They all have very strong, in a good way flavor. No chemical taste at all. I'm enjoying the tangerine at the moment but wanted to let you all know how great they are so far.
I even had a hand written note on my receipt from Linda saying "thanks" and to let her know if I don't like any of them.
Now all I need is Corona flavored to go with my Lime...:)

kvapz

Jan 21, 2010
Louisiana
Just got my shipment in from PA and am very impressed. Almost all of their flavors are very light in color, so less coloring. I have tried the white choc. and caramel mixed and its pretty good. All of their flavors smelled good except the kona coffee, I am afraid to try that one it smells really strange. The cinnamon smells a bit weak in flavor but still good. Almost every other flavor, and I ordered almost all of them, smelled very good, dead on to flavor and very potent. So I am eager to try more and will keep yall up to date on that.

kvapz

Jan 21, 2010
Louisiana
Did you buy their Cappuccino? I've got some ordered and am waiting for it to arrive.... perhaps you could help with my anticipation/expectations if you've tried it? Thanks!

I have not tried the cappuccino yet, it is one of the darker colored ones, I can tell you that. It has a very sweet smell to it, so that is a big plus. I have so many to try, I did try the black cherry, and I have to agree with Dan, it is awesome! I will try the cappuccino tonight and let you know.

kvapz

Jan 21, 2010
Louisiana
I have not tried the cappuccino yet, it is one of the darker colored ones, I can tell you that. It has a very sweet smell to it, so that is a big plus. I have so many to try, I did try the black cherry, and I have to agree with Dan, it is awesome! I will try the cappuccino tonight and let you know.

Im not really digging the cappuccino, but that may just be me. Just like the smell, it is a sweet flavor, but the coffee taste is not really there. I am getting that same strange taste that the kona coffee smelled like. Just odd and hard to describe.

Brewster 59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
North Bay San Francisco
I received the following flavors from PA today:

Blueberry
Apple
Green Apple
Black Cherry
Vanilla (Madagascar)
Plum
Banana Cream
Brandy
Cappucino

I haven't had a chance to play with them yet because I had a mod emergency this evening, so I ended up having to build a new one (to make a long story short, when I glue, I don't play!). They all smell wonderful, though!

I'll report on a couple of them tomorrow evening.

You might want to go back to their site cuz Im pretty sure the plum is an oil base.

Brewster 59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
North Bay San Francisco
If you have to use 10-20% of the PA flavours, that's a pity - because those are far too weak then for my taste, and requiring that much flavour does not make them that cheap, either.

Also, I've found flavours that are intended to be used at 1-3 permil, and those consist of 75% PG. I therefore find it hard to believe that flavours have to be that weak. There may be some, but most certainly not all.

So what flavoring are you using the requires less than 10% I think I would love to try that stuff as I have to use at least 10% with Loranns and more for some flavors.

Brewster 59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
North Bay San Francisco
Yes I also have to agree, they ship very fast! Now after reading some of your posts i will have to try some flavors. Although I am happy with a lot LorAnns flavors there are some I am not happy with.

I totally agree with that statement Loranns chocolate is horrible. I had to use 20% and sweetner to make it good.

harpo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Yuba City, California
I just tried the Tangerine and I think I'm hooked. Loranns does not have a good orange flavor, but this Tangerine is incredible. I also got the sweet orange which also smells awesome. I am used to using 20% flavoring, I used only 10% on this mix, and I am knocked out by the flavor.
I will be ordering more!!!

Tangerine and sweet orange are oil-based.

kvapz

Jan 21, 2010
Louisiana
Tangerine and sweet orange are oil-based.

Glad you said something b/c the lime is also oil-based.
Nonetheless, the tangerine is still really good.

Just tried the cinnamon at 20% and that is also very good. It tastes just like Goldschlager.
Plum is also a good flavor, very sweet and a bit mild so I mixed it at 20%.

Besides maybe clogging your addy a little bit more are there any other reasons why I should not vape oil-based flavors, especially at only 10%?

Last edited:

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
Thanks kvapz! Now don't O.D. on nic or anything..... I can wait my turn!

The premade Cappuccino nicotine e-liquids that I've enjoyed the most are the ones with a reddish tint to them but I am having a hard time finding any kind of Cappuccino flavoring to mix my own.

Perfumers Apprentice are the only ones that I see who even carry a Cappuccino flavoring. So kudos to them! (don't know what kudos exactly are but I give it to them wholeheartedly for being the one and only! LoL!)

Cappellas are trying to create a Cappuccino and I have my fingers crossed on that because the other flavors I've tried are good. And.... doesn't "Cappella's Cappuccino" just sound good rolling off the tongue?! Oh yeah... it does.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread