Perfumers Apprentice Flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Just goes to prove how tastes really do vary, I love it (RY4D) at 8-10% with a drop or 2 of AP per 5ml and sometimes I also add 2-4% (usually 2) of Barvarian Cream and Caramel for a sweeter treat. Everyone has different tastes, that's what makes the world go round. :toast:

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
Just goes to prove how tastes really do vary, I love it at 8-10% with a drop or 2 of AP per 5ml and sometimes I also add 2-4% (usually 2) of Barvarian Cream and Caramel for a sweeter treat. Everyone has different tastes, that's what makes the world go round. :toast:

Cheers,
Steve
A lot of ECF Members love it @ 10%

I'm trying to mix a RY4 from scratch.

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
Yes, believe I mixed this at 5%. I always go to lowest of single flavor suggestion; even then sometimes way too strong e.g. 555, M-Type, etc.

Sorry, I checked my records and initially mixed RY4-D at 7%, and subsequently at 8%. While there are many recipes, I personally like it best solo.

Also give TFA's RY4 Asian a try. This is unsung but is less sweet and with less caramel than the RY4-D. I find it comparable to the Hangsen Indian or RY1.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hmmm... Never heard of the mix "Tastyfinger" but it sounds interesting. Would you be willing to point me in the right direction for a recipe?

Thanks!

Tim

What's the dominant flavor in "Tastyfinger"?

Opps... I meant to Reply but got Sidetracked with Work, Other Threads and the Olympics.

Since TastyFinger is a Retail Flavor, I won't Feel Right Posting an Exact DIY Clone Recipe.

But I can say that My Recipe, which Is Very Close but not Exact, contains FlavorArt Caramel, Milk Chocolate, Pralines & Cream, Maple, English Toffee, Butterscotch and Waffle. In rough Order of Highest to Lowest Percentages. And it is Sweetened with Pure Sucralose.

tdtyler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
Omaha, NE
Opps... I meant to Reply but got Sidetracked with Work, Other Threads and the Olympics.

Since TastyFinger is a Retail Flavor, I won't Feel Right Posting an Exact DIY Clone Recipe.

But I can say that My Recipe, which Is Very Close but not Exact, contains FlavorArt Caramel, Milk Chocolate, Pralines & Cream, Maple, English Toffee, Butterscotch and Waffle. In rough Order of Highest to Lowest Percentages. And it is Sweetened with Pure Sucralose.

Wow! Seven flavorings is way out of my league. If you managed to get that many working together in a viable ejuice you're my hero. I'll bet it's really good.

Thanks for the reply. I'm working on figuring out what the pralines and cream might be good for. Seems like a blender rather than solo.

Again... Thanks!

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Wow! Seven flavorings is way out of my league. If you managed to get that many working together in a viable ejuice you're my hero. I'll bet it's really good.

Thanks for the reply. I'm working on figuring out what the pralines and cream might be good for. Seems like a blender rather than solo.

Again... Thanks!

Don't be Intimidated by a Recipe that uses 7 or 8 Flavors. It Wasn't Developed Overnight. It took a Lot of Trials. And a Lot of Revised Mix Notes on 3-x-5 Cards.

Just like in Cooking, you start with a Base Flavor. In this case it was Chocolate / Caramel. And then Start Tweaking by Adding Secondary Flavors, and Subtracting the Primary Flavor, to Achieve a Desired Taste and Level of Complexity.

What is Also Nice about having a Recipe like what I worked up is that there is Plenty of Room for Batch to Batch variants.

This is my Day to Day e-Liquid. But I Burn Out hitting on the Same Flavor Day to Day. When I mix, I usually make 40~50ml at a Time. And I will Add More Butterscotch and Less Toffee one time. And the Next time it Might be More Pralines and Less Maple.

The Base Chocolate / Caramel does Change Much. More the Secondary Flavorings. Keeps the Mix tasting Fresh that Way.

tdtyler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
Omaha, NE
Don't be Intimidated by a Recipe that uses 7 or 8 Flavors. It Wasn't Developed Overnight. It took a Lot of Trials. And a Lot of Revised Mix Notes on 3-x-5 Cards.

Just like in Cooking, you start with a Base Flavor. In this case it was Chocolate / Caramel. And then Start Tweaking by Adding Secondary Flavors, and Subtracting the Primary Flavor, to Achieve a Desired Taste and Level of Complexity.

What is Also Nice about having a Recipe like what I worked up is that there is Plenty of Room for Batch to Batch variants.

This is my Day to Day e-Liquid. But I Burn Out hitting on the Same Flavor Day to Day. When I mix, I usually make 40~50ml at a Time. And I will Add More Butterscotch and Less Toffee one time. And the Next time it Might be More Pralines and Less Maple.

The Base Chocolate / Caramel does Change Much. More the Secondary Flavorings. Keeps the Mix tasting Fresh that Way.

Thanks for your great encouragement. That's gotta be a great flavor. I understand the variation idea and it's a good one. Patience must pay off along with your studied approach with the note taking. I may try this someday.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thanks for your great encouragement. That's gotta be a great flavor. I understand the variation idea and it's a good one. Patience must pay off along with your studied approach with the note taking. I may try this someday.

What I found out Early on in DIY was that Single Flavor Recipes lacked the "Zing" that Retail e-Liquids seem to have.

My first Watermelon was good. But when I added a Few Drops of Cheery and a Drop or Two of Pineapple to it, it became Great.

The same goes for Caramel, Milk Chocolate, Pralines & Cream, Maple, English Toffee, Butterscotch and Waffle. Each of these Flavors can be Used as Stand Alone flavoring for an e-Liquid. But they tasted a Little Flat on their own.

But when Combined with each other, they took on a Complex Flavor.

Taste is Funny. At least for me. Some of it is when you First take a Hit. Some of it is During the Hit. And Some of it is when you Exhale. Single Flavor Recipes Don't Usually give you All Three.

Patience and Good Records is the Key to DIY. That and sometimes a Little Luck.

Also, there are Huge Differences in what one OEM's Flavor Tastes like compared to the Same Flavor for another OEM.

But that is Kinda the Fun (and the Frustration) of doing DIY. Buying different Flavorings and seeing how they Taste for You.

tdtyler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
Omaha, NE
What I found out Early on in DIY was that Single Flavor Recipes lacked the "Zing" that Retail e-Liquids seem to have.

My first Watermelon was good. But when I added a Few Drops of Cheery and a Drop or Two of Pineapple to it, it became Great.

The same goes for Caramel, Milk Chocolate, Pralines & Cream, Maple, English Toffee, Butterscotch and Waffle. Each of these Flavors can be Used as Stand Alone flavoring for an e-Liquid. But they tasted a Little Flat on their own.

But when Combined with each other, they took on a Complex Flavor.

Taste is Funny. At least for me. Some of it is when you First take a Hit. Some of it is During the Hit. And Some of it is when you Exhale. Single Flavor Recipes Don't Usually give you All Three.

Patience and Good Records is the Key to DIY. That and sometimes a Little Luck.

Also, there are Huge Differences in what one OEM's Flavor Tastes like compared to the Same Flavor for another OEM.

But that is Kinda the Fun (and the Frustration) of doing DIY. Buying different Flavorings and seeing how they Taste for You.

I really appreciate your thoughts on this interesting hobby. You've been at it awhile. Are you using mostly TFA flavors? I find them pretty consistent therefore reliable for mixing.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I really appreciate your thoughts on this interesting hobby. You've been at it awhile. Are you using mostly TFA flavors? I find them pretty consistent therefore reliable for mixing.

About 2/3 of my Flavorings are TFA and the Other 1/3 is FlavorArt.

For the Taste I am Looking for, TFA "Brown" Flavors work Very Well. They are very Consistent and also Easy to find at the web sites I like to buy from.

But I lean more towards FlavorArt when it come to Fruit Flavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread